XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking into buying this addon but I was wondering how the authentication really works. If the user logs into one of the slave sites, does that site store the user information into it's database? If the user wants to login again later on, will it check the slave's database or the master's database?

Also, what if there is a user that registered on the slave, will that user be able to login seamlessly into the master installation?

Each site will always check it's local database first and the master database second. Once registered a user can login on master and slave sites regardless of whether they registered on the master or a slave (assuming there is no conflict with another user account).

Only the user and their login sessions are synced, no additional data (no profile fields or usergroups). XenSSO only provides SSO functionality. If version 2.0 is to ever happen it will support (some of) these extra things but that's currently not in the cards.

I'm glad you appreciate the price. Honestly I'd love to put it up for 10 bucks but I would never turn a profit sadly.
If I migrate my big board to XF (which is likely) then I would be happy to bribe you into releasing 2.0 with usergroup synching lol.

And while I am at it, lets drop the big one:

How about synched forums?
i.e. allow website A and website B to have one or more shared forum(s)

If I migrate my big board to XF (which is likely) then I would be happy to bribe you into releasing 2.0 with usergroup synching lol.

And while I am at it, lets drop the big one:

How about synched forums?
i.e. allow website A and website B to have one or more shared forum(s)

I'd say it'd be simpler to have an addon developed which shows different forums depending on the domain/subdomain. Having so much data synced would just be overkill.

Edit: I wonder how many people will have a lightbulb go off reading this, have at it :)

Each site will always check it's local database first and the master database second. Once registered a user can login on master and slave sites regardless of whether they registered on the master or a slave (assuming there is no conflict with another user account).

What do you mean by the following: Synchronisation Tool

What does this addon synchronize besides the members password/usernames?

What if there is a member with the same username in the slave install and in the master install? How will the add-on overcome this?

What do you mean by the following: Synchronisation Tool

What does this addon synchronize besides the members password/usernames?

What if there is a member with the same username in the slave install and in the master install? How will the add-on overcome this?

The Synchronisation Tool is an admin cp tool you use to initialize synchronise your users upon installing the addon.

When a conflict exists the addon will skip that user, the Synchronization Tool will report these conflicts to you. It's up to you to resolve them but it's worth noting that these users can still use your site as they always did, just not the SSO functionality.

As long as the email matches they should be able to use XenSSO, the username is secondary.

Well, you've convinced me. I've bought the add-on, and now I don't know where to download it :oops:. I tried to login with what I thought was my account, but it seems like I hadn't registered. I'm confused.

Well, you've convinced me. I've bought the add-on, and now I don't know where to download it :oops:. I tried to login with what I thought was my account, but it seems like I hadn't registered. I'm confused.

Unfortunately the paypal api XenForo uses is not very intuitive, there is a redirect link you can press once you made the purchase but it is a bit hidden. Regardless you can download the latest version here (with the account you made during purchase): http://naatan.com/support/forums/releases.10/

Getting this error

Code:
Single Sign On could not complete as your profile could not be validated, possibly your username is already taken, a duplicate was found or you do not meet the age requirements.

Getting this error

Code:
Single Sign On could not complete as your profile could not be validated, possibly your username is already taken, a duplicate was found or you do not meet the age requirements.

Can you verify whether any of the reasons given in the error are valid.

Also, if you are unable to resolve the issue on your own please refer to the Support Site and open a thread there, as these are essentially public forums and I do not want to provide a support resource to the pirates that might be reading these posts. Thanks.

Can you verify whether any of the reasons given in the error are valid.

Also, if you are unable to resolve the issue on your own please refer to the Support Site and open a thread there, as these are essentially public forums and I do not want to provide a support resource to the pirates that might be reading these posts. Thanks.

Alright. Sorry about that, and I checked my main site, but I realized it was the slave site that had the age restriction set for some reason. The issue seems to be fixed :)

Wow, I always love a deal although I never considered nor needed this add-on.
But maybe now I do???

I have my old hearth forum with 25,000 members....
Now I started a drone forum with about zero members......

So, can this be installed in a "one way" situation that simply lets any of my hearth people auto login to the Drone forum? Or does it have to work both ways? Does this sound like a good use of the add-on?

The idea would be to send out a one-time email or use notifications to entice the interested hearth.com members to join up.....other than that, there is unlikely to be very much cross-signup later.

Wow, I always love a deal although I never considered nor needed this add-on.
But maybe now I do???

I have my old hearth forum with 25,000 members....
Now I started a drone forum with about zero members......

So, can this be installed in a "one way" situation that simply lets any of my hearth people auto login to the Drone forum? Or does it have to work both ways? Does this sound like a good use of the add-on?

The idea would be to send out a one-time email or use notifications to entice the interested hearth.com members to join up.....other than that, there is unlikely to be very much cross-signup later.

Hmm it's not really written for a one-way sync, it could be done with some tweaking to the code but it's not a built-in functionality.

That said you could simply make your hearth forum the master install and your drone forum the slave though. Slaves do not receive users from the master unless the user actually attempts to login on a slave.

Hmm it's not really written for a one-way sync, it could be done with some tweaking to the code but it's not a built-in functionality.

That said you could simply make your hearth forum the master install and your drone forum the slave though. Slaves do not receive users from the master unless the user actually attempts to login on a slave.

Oh, that sounds right. So when they attempt to login, it works fine, eh? What if they forgot their password? Do they have to reset back at the original forum?

Oh, that sounds right. So when they attempt to login, it works fine, eh? What if they forgot their password? Do they have to reset back at the original forum?

Their account physically exists on both master and slave, so they can reset their password (or change it) individually on each site, it makes no difference to the SSO functionality (signing in on one site will also authenticate them on the other, regardless of whether the passwords differ - provided that the accounts are linked).

Since the drone forum is on a small server, does it add to the load in any way? That is, if the account exists on the new install, is the db size and queries an issue (new server is on weak and low ram VPS).

Since the drone forum is on a small server, does it add to the load in any way? That is, if the account exists on the new install, is the db size and queries an issue (new server is on weak and low ram VPS).

If you set it up as a slave then there will be no noticeable difference in performance. The master may see a bit of performance increase depending on the amount of traffic to both master and slave, but if your slave has very few visitors this should also be barely noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom