XenSSO - XenForo Single Sign On [Paid] [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
With custom coding, I can get this to work for any other non-XF OpenID-compatible softwares (like MediaWiki), right?

I have no idea how this sale was not a big success. This is my one of my favourite addons for Xenforo and I will be using it soon as I am about to add another site to my network. Keep up the great work dude!

I purchased on the sale and have been unable to get it working.
The developer asked me to wait a week so he'd have time to look.
Then he said he didn't have time.
I asked for a refund and he pointed me to his terms of service. No warranties. He also made it clear that he has no obligation to support it at all for anyone and that he may get rid of it.

Fair warning.....to those who are going to build stuff around it. You are on your own.

I purchased on the sale and have been unable to get it working.
The developer asked me to wait a week so he'd have time to look.
Then he said he didn't have time.
I asked for a refund and he pointed me to his terms of service. No warranties. He also made it clear that he has no obligation to support it at all for anyone and that he may get rid of it.

Fair warning.....to those who are going to build stuff around it. You are on your own.

Breaks using PHP 5.4, you need to use PHP 5.3 or lower. Even though many of us have purchased it at full price, I had high hopes his 50% off sale would have lead to development of 2.0. Sadly that turned out not to be the case.

This is becoming all to common here at xF with a developer releasing something with promises of future features and then after making several grand on the add-on, claiming there was not enough interest and giving up on it. Some sort of standard needs to be put into place with repercussions to future paid releases for developers that continue to take the money and then lose interest in a project to only start another one.

I can't see this dev just dropping it and leaving the customers out to dry. He may not continue development on the addon, but I am sure he would make sure the current addon remains updated? Hopefully that is the case.

Oh, this one has great protections built in!
;)

You see, the terms state that the user has fully inspected the software and agrees that it suits their needs.
Of course, how someone can fully inspect it without trying it.....might be of question.

I fully understand that some developers have become impatient and respect their right to move on. But from a business perspective, the rewards are going to really start in 6 months to a year+. They have to consider that the suit is now over and it takes awhile for the numbers to ramp up, then it takes a while for all the new owners of XF to realize what they need.

But, yeah, if I were an early developer I'd probably have packed it in too...back then. But it's a new day!

I can't see this dev just dropping it and leaving the customers out to dry. He may not continue development on the addon, but I am sure he would make sure the current addon remains updated? Hopefully that is the case.

Sadly, he has stated that this is up to how he feels at the moment (now or in the future). That is, he has made it clear he has NO obligation to do anything, but if he decides to do it out of his own free will then he will.

Are you sure there was no misunderstanding? I just can't see the guy dropping it completely and leaving paid customers in the dark. I can understand if he will not work on a new version of it, and not add features. But I would assume he would keep it updated to work with the latest xF. If what you are saying is true it is very sad indeed, as customers will be getting screwed over. But I have spoken to the guy on several occasions and he came across as a pretty nice guy who was willing to help. I just can't see him doing something like that. I am not saying you are wrong or you are lying, I am just saying there may have been a misunderstanding.

Well, I could quote you what he said - but I'll say this much. He said it ALL without me asking him, so he must feel strongly about it all.

I can't predict what he is going to do. He may wake up tomorrow and decide he is going to renew his development and stand behind it forever. All I can report is:
1. I bought it and it doesn't work
2. He said he'd have time in a week to look at it - then said he did not.
3. I de-installed and asked for refund which was refused....and, at which time, he stated that he had absolutely NO obligation to help me or others now or in the future - and that no refund was due.

He also stated that he feels these are the correct and fair policies. That is, he feels I am unreasonable for even expecting a refund or support.

You can make of that what you will.
I am only reporting this because I hate to see someone spend some money on custom work and integrating it...and then be left out in the cold.

Well, I could quote you what he said - but I'll say this much. He said it ALL without me asking him, so he must feel strongly about it all.

I can't predict what he is going to do. He may wake up tomorrow and decide he is going to renew his development and stand behind it forever. All I can report is:
1. I bought it and it doesn't work
2. He said he'd have time in a week to look at it - then said he did not.
3. I de-installed and asked for refund which was refused....and, at which time, he stated that he had absolutely NO obligation to help me or others now or in the future - and that no refund was due.

He also stated that he feels these are the correct and fair policies. That is, he feels I am unreasonable for even expecting a refund or support.

You can make of that what you will.
I am only reporting this because I hate to see someone spend some money on custom work and integrating it...and then be left out in the cold.

Thanks for the info. I have to say credit to you for keeping a professional clear head explaining your experience throughout. Even more so that I'm sure it will alert other people and allow them to make that decision. Thankyou craigiri.

This is sad indeed. I was about to get someone to buy this add-on for their site. So thanks for the feedback craigiri

This is integration between xenForo platforms. Not any other, so it does not work with drupal 6 site on a separate server.

Since it uses OpenID under the hood, in theory it will work with any systems that support OpenID. However, it would be highly likely that custom codes will be required, though I haven't bought this add on yet.

Since it uses OpenID under the hood, in theory it will work with any systems that support OpenID. However, it would be highly likely that custom codes will be required, though I haven't bought this add on yet.

Nor can you, looks like he's not accepting new purchases at this time:

No Products can be purchased at this time. Please check back later.

Ok I am about ready to start using this plugin (finally after a long time purchasing it) - I do have a question tho..

What if someone visits site b and tries to register? Will it state email is already registered?

I am about to use this from my other forum that has over 14k members....just curious thx

Due to time constrains and lack of motivation I am saddened to let you know that I have discontinued development of my paid addons. The motivation aspect of it mostly stems from the lack of communication from the XF developers in the past months - it's hard to be passionate about a software if the software's own development don't even seem to be, or they just don't care about their users.

I've spoken to Waindigo, who most of you probably know from his wide selection of addons, about taking over development of my addons, which he agreed to. I do not know his exact plans with the addons, but I do know he intends to release them free of charge to non-commercial users. Commercial users that have purchased one of my addons in the past 12 months may contact Waindigo in order to get their license transferred. You will need to include your original paypal transaction id for him to validate your request. Note that Waindigo has not received any customer information from me beyond transaction ID's, dates and email hashes - so that he may validate your requests.

You can contact Waindigo via his email or website;

E-mail: jon@waindigo.com

Thank you all for your support of my addons, should you have any questions please feel free to email myself or Waindigo. Please do not use my support site anymore as I plan to take it down soon as it serves no further purpose and has been overrun my spambots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom