XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
This topic has more posts than the V1.2 of xF thread and it was posted only a couple days ago. :eek:

@TheVisitors
Thats just a disrespectful post. No one in here is bashing xF or throwing around harsh accusations like that.

Let me re-iterate. I like the software, it works great. I'm thankful the developers made it. I'm not hunting them with pitchforks. Just making some observations.

I stand on my comment, regardless and with pride. And I fully support XenForo (don't recall ever not doing so) .

Viewpoint 1: I have complete faith in Kier and Mike. I was a VB customer for years when Kier was the lead developer there. My initial experience here has been amazing. I'm not worried.

Viewpoint 2: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though I was worried about the lawsuit thing. There hasn't been much activity lately and I'm worried.

See how two different people with different experiences can have drastically different opinions and both as still valid? Time to stop bashing people just because they see things from their own point of view.

There will be no getting through the United Fanboys Association as usual it seems. They can say whatever they want but anyone else says anything contrary or calls them out, ohh my god, ready the banhammer or whatever.

This place is so biased its stupid. No worries, I won't be posting in this thread again.

Reactions: AWS
Viewpoint 1: I have complete faith in Kier and Mike. I was a VB customer for years when Kier was the lead developer there. My initial experience here has been amazing. I'm not worried.

Viewpoint 2: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though I was worried about the lawsuit thing. There hasn't been much activity lately and I'm worried.

See how two different people with different experiences can have drastically different opinions and both as still valid? Time to stop bashing people just because they see things from their own point of view.

You're missing something.

Viewpoint 2: I'm new to forums, but XenForo 1.1.2 was released only 2 months ago, so I'm not worried.

Viewpoint 3: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though there was a lawsuit, which I wasn't worried about and XenForo 1.1.2 was released only 2 months ago, so I'm not worried.

Viewpoint 4: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though I was worried about the lawsuit thing. XenForo 1.1.2 was released only 2 months ago, so I'm not worried.

Viewpoint 5: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though I was worried about the lawsuit thing. There hasn't been much activity lately and I'm worried.

#5 just seem a little more vocal about things, but really should take a chill pill in my opinion.

Viewpoint 5: I'm new to forums. I took a chance on XF, even though I was worried about the lawsuit thing. There hasn't been much activity lately and I'm worried.

#5 just seem a little more vocal about things, but really should take a chill pill in my opinion.

'Not much' and 'none' are not the same thing.

'Not much' and 'none' are not the same thing.
I think my point being is it has almost been 2 months. Those of you freaking out, really need to take a deep breath and relax.

Not every company updates daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly. And they do completely fine in growth and development.

And yes, to the extent this thread has gone, plus the 2nd thread, in under 24 - 48 (?) hours it's kind of silly. If I didn't know better (and I do), I would think some people here are complaining; only to make things here seem dramatic or poor.

I think my point being is it has almost been 2 months. Those of you freaking out, really need to take a deep breath and relax.

Not every company updates daily, weekly, bi-weekly, or even monthly. And they do completely fine in growth and development.

And yes, to the extent this thread has gone, plus the 2nd thread, in under 24 - 48 (?) hours it's kind of silly. If I didn't know better (and I do), I would think some people here are complaining; only to make things here seem dramatic or poor.

As far as my contributions to this thread go, my only intention has been to try and articulate that (most of) the people asking what's going on are not at all interested in Kier's private life - which is the argument being thrown around by several of those who "aren't worried".

What it comes down to (from my perspective) is this:
Kier and Mike began this community and company on a foundation of daily interactions and a high level of rapport with their customers. Not necessarily daily updates, but daily participation in various discussions on their site and a level of personality unmatched by any other forum provider.

That community spirit has become a large part of their corporate culture, and has come to be expected on a reasonably consistent basis. Obviously they are not obliged to continue this, but it's part of what got them going in the first place and is part of why I (among others) became a customer - we like knowing who's making our sausage, in a sense.

For that rapport, personality and daily interaction to come to a screeching halt is jarring to those of us who see that as one of the company's vital signs.

Those that don't view that aspect of xF as important obviously will not be worried, but that does not mean others cannot place value in it.

The continued harping, whining and overall fanfare you and others scoff at are mostly just people trying to convey what I've written here. I don't see why that viewpoint is any less valid than any other, and dismissing it as trolling or Kier-stalking isn't reasonable.

What *is* reasonable is relying on a company you invested in (and depend on) to continue operating as they have in the past, which they've stopped doing. This isn't about software updates (it works fine) or knowing exactly why Kier is gone (that's his business), it's about the sudden change in personality and the perceived freeze-out being exacted on the customers.

How's this..... By not commenting on here, they maybe protecting XenForo & your investment.

You don't think Internet Brands Inc 's legal team hasn't been tying to take every post, word, or meaning posted into a twisted version?! If I was their legal counsel, even though I believe Internet Brands Inc's case is unfounded and should be dismissed; I would advise my client to make the least public statements and announcements as possible. Limiting them to only official release announcements, after development was completed.

And from a legal standing point, they would be unable to make an announcement informing "us" of such a strategy or comment upon the legal advise they may or may not have been provided.

How's this. By not commenting on here, they maybe protecting XenForo & your investment.

You don't think Internet Brands Inc 's legal team hasn't been tying to take every post, word, or meaning posted into a twisted version?! If I was their legal counsel, even though I believe Internet Brands Inc's case is unfounded and should be dismissed; I would advise my client to make the least public statements and announcements as possible. Limiting them to only official release announcements, after development was completed.

And from a legal standing point, they would be unable to make an announcement informing "us" of such a strategy or comment upon the legal advise they may or may not have been provided.

In which case our concerns are validated, if not more so.

In which case our concerns are validated, if not more so.
No, they are not.

Since the case has not yet gone before a trail.... How shall I put...... Anything you say can and will be used ageist you in a court of law.

The least they announce in public, prior to actually releasing something... The better. This is standard in any lawsuite with any company.

No, they are not.

Since the case has not yet gone before a trail.... How shall I put...... Anything you say can and will be used ageist you in a court of law.

The least they announce in public, prior to actually releasing something... The better. This is standard in any lawsuite with any company.

As I said above, this isn't about announcements or releases - the software works fine. It's about the sudden change in culture and personality.

Whatever reason they have for refusing to or being restricted from participating in their community on an personable level cannot be a good one.

I saw no such freeze outs prior to any previous releases.

When you're a small business like XenForo, the company is the people behind it even though it may be a registered entity.

Surprised to see this at 12 pages / maybe even 13 when I hit reply!

I am confident in K & M and the one issue I ran into was quickly resolved by members of the community. If I opened a ticket, which I did not btw, I am equally sure it would have been addressed promptly. So no, if they are hard at work or taking a break, i'm cool with that so long as the features keep coming out regularly as they have been for some time now.

On the flip side, none of this talk is good for business or moral. I believe Xenforo has a great thing going and maybe someone is needed (officially or semi-officially) to keep the buzz going. Matt does a great job with IP in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom