XenForo needs a Lawrence Cole

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it wasn't talking about this thread. Matt posted that after reading the one on Admin Addict beforehand. He posted that tweet on the 1st April, well before this thread was even started.

He actually was talking about the topic I made here. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/are-we-dead.29834/ . The 4 of us, (Matt, Alan, Aston and myself) were just talking about the rudeness, etc of my post, and the not so helpful replies.

Which then led to topics at AdminExtra and AdminAddict.

Don't let closing of threads or these types of threads scare you from getting a license,

Yes its a concern but look at it this way, IPB and VB have many employees, many developers and due to their size they have the opportunity to also post on the forums and communicate with members.

Notice the fact that support tickets are still being handled, that shows that the staff is not completely missing, they just aren't active around the forum, yes for some a roadmap would be preferred but I like surprises, I'd be happier to see something included in the next XF version that was never revealed before. But that's just me and I understand not everyone prefers that.

As a forum administrator you are the captain of the ship, a captain has the responsibility of all the crew on his head while you have the responsibility of your community and members on your head. Don't tell me that just the absence of staff presence on the xenforo community (notice, community) would raise a doubt in your mind regarding purchasing the software that in my opinion is the best out there.

I have already a license (unused one), but I have doubt about converting to XF. or running other forums with XF.
I have never seen this issue from your perspective, which I admit is very important.
Thanks a lot for you interest.

Not a valid source of information, dependability, credibility, or code of ethics

Let's face it, it's dog eat dog when coming to selling your forum software over the web. He seized a chance to "PUNT" IPB to the masses and can you really blame him doing it? I wouldn't put too much emphasise on it all, to be expected.

Let's face it, it's dog eat dog when coming to selling your forum software over the web. He seized a chance to "PUNT" IPB to the masses and can you really blame him doing it? I wouldn't put too much emphasise on it all, to be expected.
I wouldn't count Invision Power Service Inc as a legitimate company which follows a universal moral or business code of ethics, but rather as a matter of an opinion and direct personal experience, a corrupt organization which is fraudulent.

Stop whining guys.

We all have purchased (for USD 140 peanuts) a fabulous piece of software which is working properly without any major bugs.

We should all say "Thank You" to Kier and Mike for their hard work they have done and stress they are going through with this lawsuit.

Yeah, we are a bit concerned, but we all should put a little more trust in K+M+A.

Whatever happens, I 100% trust these 3 guys.

I am sure that whatever they do (or not do) is in the best interest of us all (as webmasters).

Everyone can have questions on their mind , none of us expect management can silence that questions.

I personally don't mind Kier , Mike being away from forums up to a level. I converted one of my websites less then a week ago to Xenforo even they were missing. I am planning to convert another fan board i have to xenforo soon. Though i currently delayed the move of our big board to Xenforo .

I really hope this gets addressed soon so it can finally be put to bed. I would like to have an answer as well but these threads are just well beyond annoying now.

I am more curious as to what a complete forum noob admin thinks about xenforo.com

People (even me) who came from another forum software have preconceived notions of how a forum software website should be run. If I step back from xenforo for a minute and look at this website from a different perspective, all the whining and complaining sounds childish, immature and insecure just because one or two of the developers don't sign in every now and then. If I were a complete forum noob admin, I'd assume they were too busy working on the next update to be concerned with peep's concerns about their whereabouts.

But like the thread starter said, there should be a 'PR' type of guy. Obviously the developers don't have time for it, nor do the moderators since they already have their own plate full with locking up threads and what-not.

But like the thread starter said, there should be a 'PR' type of guy.

I agree with what another person said, you don't want a PR guy, information is better coming from a member of staff really, be it Brogan, Kier, Mike, Ashley or Lawrence e.t.c. Proper PR people say one thing to me - they are full of bull just to please you, tell you exactly "what they already know" you want to hear. It sounds more genuine coming from one of the mentioned above.

I agree with what another person said, you don't want a PR guy, information is better coming from a member of staff really, be it Brogan, Kier, Mike, Ashley or Lawrence e.t.c. Proper PR people say one thing to me - they are full of bull just to please you, tell you what you want to hear!
The PR guy/girl could become a member of staff. It's not that hard to set up. They have plenty of willing xenforo webmasters at their disposal. Edit: instead of a 'Lawrence Cole', make it a hot geek chick.

I am more curious as to what a complete forum noob admin thinks about xenforo.com

People (even me) who came from another forum software have preconceived notions of how a forum software website should be run. If I step back from xenforo for a minute and look at this website from a different perspective, all the whining and complaining sounds childish, immature and insecure just because one or two of the developers don't sign in every now and then. If I were a complete forum noob admin, I'd assume they were too busy working on the next update to be concerned with peep's concerns about their whereabouts.

But like the thread starter said, there should be a 'PR' type of guy. Obviously the developers don't have time for it, nor do the moderators since they already have their own plate full with locking up threads and what-not.

Which is why this thread should be cast into oblivion because all it generates is negativity. This thread will not spur anything to happen, I have no doubt KAM are more than aware of the situation, and if they haven't already posted an update to it then more moaning isn't going to make them.

As has been posted multiple times now, Mike has said plenty is still going on and that Kiers abscence does not reflect the state of Xenforo the company at all. What more do people want?

Which is why this thread should be cast into oblivion because all it generates is negativity. This thread will not spur anything to happen, I have no doubt KAM are more than aware of the situation, and if they haven't already posted an update to it then more moaning isn't going to make them.

As has been posted multiple times now, Mike has said plenty is still going on and that Kiers abscence does not reflect the state of Xenforo the company at all. What more do people want?
I hate to sound sexist but I don't even see any female admins doing the whining, just dudes with a lot of time on their hands. Distract them with a hot geek chick PR person.

This topic has more posts than the V1.2 of xF thread and it was posted only a couple days ago. :o

@TheVisitors
Thats just a disrespectful post. No one in here is bashing xF or throwing around harsh accusations like that.

Let me re-iterate. I like the software, it works great. I'm thankful the developers made it. I'm not hunting them with pitchforks. Just making some observations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom