Xenforo Extended Smilies

Xenforo Extended Smilies 1k

No permission to download
I'm new to this whole XF thing... so if I understand this thread correctly, the PNG-sprite is no longer available? and icons must be added one by one manually?
Correct but... it isn't that hard to add them in bulk anymore if you're running XF 1.3+.

Just create a directory with all of the individual new images in it and Smilies => Import Smilies => Import from a directory on your server pointing to the directory you created.

There's no way to get a hold of that PNG? I'd like to use that sprite instead of loading smilies one by one.

There's no way to get a hold of that PNG? I'd like to use that sprite instead of loading smilies one by one.

If you use XenForo 1.3, you can bulk import the smilies from a directory you upload them to within your server. Saves you having to add them one by one:

mnKM1u8.png

Correct but... it isn't that hard to add them in bulk anymore if you're running XF 1.3+.

Just create a directory with all of the individual new images in it and Smilies => Import Smilies => Import from a directory on your server pointing to the directory you created.

If you use XenForo 1.3, you can bulk import the smilies from a directory you upload them to within your server. Saves you having to add them one by one:

mnKM1u8.png

Will adding these smileys in 1.3 be easier?
Yes. See the directions on how to easily import them into 1.3 above.

How many smilies do you guys really use out of this entire pack?
Now that 1.3 allows us to easily create categories, I'm using all of them. Before I was keeping the list trimmed down because I didn't like how it displayed when you had a lot of smilies; now I can categorize them and can easily put some of the bigger/odd-shaped images in their own tab.

I'm new to this whole XF thing... so if I understand this thread correctly, the PNG-sprite is no longer available? and icons must be added one by one manually?

I think it's available or at least it was?! The resource page even includes a video of the feature...

Is there a way to bulk import them all with all the options necessary?

TBH, and again, I haven't got a clue or know if that is even possible. I haven't had the chance to test drive 1.3 yet but chances are it's going to have to be manually done. Best asking in support.

Last edited:
I have just tided this thread.
As per rule 5:
If you feel another user is attacking or being aggressive towards you, report their message to staff. Do not respond publicly. This simply continues the back and forth that derails topics and makes them uncomfortable for other users. If someone attacks you and you respond with an attack, you will be warned regardless of who started it.

So don't be surprised if you receive a warning if you were involved.

The import is rather annoying, having to give text to each is tedious. The attached zip contains an XML to take some tedium out.

I uploaded all the smileys to the styles/default/xenforo/smilies/xes/ directory and then tried using your xml file and I received this error. "The specified string could not be converted to an input object, either because it was not found or because it contained errors."

Does not work, simply...

Adding them manually should'nt be seen as a chore it's really not that difficult to do. Once they're added the task is done, it'll take you 20-25 minutes at most if your having difficulty with the XML file. Think of it this way the amount of time it's taking you to get the XML to work chances are you would have had them all displaying correctly had you went down the manual route.

I can't think of a reason that Xenforo shouldn't be able to DEFAULT to the filename being the smilie text (like VB does) -- it just makes sense.

I can't think of a reason that Xenforo shouldn't be able to DEFAULT to the filename being the smilie text (like VB does) -- it just makes sense.

I'd probably go with the argument Xenforo is not vbulletin and on that note, thank god it's not. I Really don't understand why adding them manually is such a big deal. It would probably be best if people have such a problem with the way the smiley manager functions is direct your concerns into the feedback area instead of this thread since this is not a resource problem.

Best posting concerns in the feedback area and offer up a suggestion because lets face it posting in this thread won't bring any concerns to fruition if your not alerting the developers of such issues you may have. ;)

Top Bottom