XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

Upgraded to beta 2. It's strange that I have to click on Continue at every single step. This is the first time that happened. Before, it goes through the steps by itself.

Reactions: rdn
Did anyone else have that? That could happen if the new files weren't totally uploaded, though you would probably get a warning about that. (It would indicate that the JS is still pointing at the old jQuery, which doesn't exist any more.)

Upgraded to beta 2. It's strange that I have to click on Continue at every single step. This is the first time that happened. Before, it goes through the steps by itself.
Maybe because your using https?
I haven't tried the latest release.

A little bit of weirdness for me, but no continue buttons. JS seems to be working generally ok.

upload_2014-2-5_14-26-13.webp

Every other page refresh, the XenForo logo is broken and the AJAX loader icon isn't doing anything. No console errors or notices about 404 content and the upgrade is happening...

That's the browser stopping the download when we do the automatic redirect.

Happened on my local upgrade too. Never seen it happen before.

The images would stay broken until the next redirect.

No problems in my forum, although the image still broken.

I have set Image Cache Lifetime (Days) = 1 and Image Cache Lifetime (Days) = 1. Let see what happen tomorrow...

-edit-
Link proxy working good.

Just installed beta 2. No problems even with customized style. One template that needed to be merged, otherwise the installation worked flawless. Really good installation quality.

Did not have to click continue for every step. Was done automatically. Upgraded from 1.2.4

Will start looking on outdated phrases to get a Swedish translation 1.3 ready for release.

Upgraded to Beta 2 and reinstalled s9e media pack. YouTube vids working fine. Not even gonna bother trying that new responsive youtube after that experience I'm done.

K so what are some good custom settings for Image and Link proxy?

Reactions: rdn
Okay so I enabled Image and Proxy Links and put in a secret key, hit save. Refreshed some pages. Seems to be working great in Chrome with no issues but I am wondering why in Firefox I get an exclamation arrow that says "This website does not provide identity information" in this thread but it does not say it for this thread which also has several images.

Upgraded to Beta 2 and reinstalled s9e media pack. YouTube vids working fine. Not even gonna bother trying that new responsive youtube after that experience I'm done.

K so what are some good custom settings for Image and Link proxy?
This.

Waiting for someone to give us a nice explanation of image proxy configuration.

You don't need to configure it - it works out of the box (once you enable it). The various settings should explain their purpose if you wish to use them.

It has hotlink protection, yes... but those images aren't being hotlinked. They're being served via our image proxy and thus not actually hotlinked off your site.

Reactions: DRE
You don't need to configure it - it works out of the box (once you enable it). The various settings should explain their purpose if you wish to use them.
I can't get it work on my site. I have reload nginx, php-fpm, clear xcache, clear chrome cache but still no luck.

Top Bottom