XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

How do we know which addons are 1.3 compatible? Is there a seal of approval?
My seal approval is letting the most excited people to play around, break stuff, fix stuff, and then when it's completely safe (or something at that sort) to jump aboard.

In other words, wait for the final release and update your live site about a week after it was published. Or you can set a testing area and see if anything breaks, and then go live. If you're going from 1.2 to 1.3, there is a little chance that something would break. The only thing that broke my install was a smiley manager add-on, but an easy fix was suggested and worked.

@Mike,

I haven't particularly taken a detailed look just yet, but is there a new way to prevent certain changes appearing in the User Change log? Is there any sort of flag we can set to prevent it from being logged?

I'm just not sure how useful this kind of scenario is for people to see in the user change log:

upload_2014-1-30_12-41-24.webp

This is as a result of people just using my gallery add-on.

The counts are incremented using the User DataWriter so in that sense it is valid that they appear here, but perhaps it might be better if there was a way we could prevent that. (I may just change them to UPDATE queries if not).

See XenForo_DataWriter_User::$changeLogIgnoreFields. Alternatively you could update through a direct query which is how we generally do it (since it's much faster).

I think I will do the latter. At one point I was thinking of doing some stuff on pre/post save so I stuck to using the DW. Either way, $changeLogIgnoreFields is awesome and good to know. Thanks.

I had @JoshyPHP s9e Media BB Codes Pack installed. I saw @Chris Deeming Responsive Width Height Media Embeds. I deleted the existing YouTube BB Code that s9e replaced. After trying to add the responsive YouTube BB code that Chris Deeming posted, I was unable to do so. I then tried re-installing s9e media bb code pack again, same bug. I now have a site full of non-embedded YouTube links. (n)

Anybody try a large export of smilies from one install and then importing them to another install? By 'large' I'm talking about 150~ defined smiley images. I'm getting a consistent 'The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." error with the console displaying what seems to be a full dump of the pages HTML.

I've tried a few different things like only important a small couple of images and that seems to work and I've tried mixing & matching scenarios (some exist already, some don't, some have categories, some don't, etc.) to see if I can drill it down but no luck. The only thing I haven't tried yet is turning the number of checked images off one-by-one to see if eventually reach number where it does work (150, 149, 148, 147...)

Before I take the extreme {and time consuming :eek:} experiment of one-by-one, anybody have thoughts on it? Possible timeout setting that I'm hitting somewhere?

Top Bottom