XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

I'm very disapinted that drag and drop isn't available global and used for all elements containing the display_order field:( like the node list,thread prefixes,userfields...)
We're even not able to change the order of the smiley categories with drag & drop

I'm very disapinted that drag and drop isn't available global and used for all elements containing the display_order field:( like the node list,thread prefixes,userfields...)
We're even not able to change the order of the smiley categories with drag & drop
I'm guessing it'll only be a matter of time...

Would somebody mind trying to create a new BB Code Media Site using XF 1.3 B1? On all of my B1 installs I am now getting a "Callback is invalid (Invalid Class)." when trying to create a new entry even though I'm just doing a simple HTML replacement. I can modify existing entries but can not create a new one.

@Pinn : This thread is not for support. Your post has been removed 3 times already, any further times will result in warnings. Please post in the appropriate forums.

If a user is already registered, is there any additional benefits to then also associating the account to Twitter & Google? Outside of registering as new user I'm not sure I'm seeing what benefits there are to associating the accounts after.

Not really.

It's more a way of making it easy for new members to register if they visit via links on those social media platforms, as they will already be logged in to them.

Not really.

It's more a way of making it easy for new members to register if they visit via links on those social media platforms, as they will already be logged in to them.
Yeah, it makes sense for the initial login at least. At least with Facebook integration you can see who else you are FB friends with is using the site but not so much for the other two integration options.

I'm still poking around to see what else the new 1.3 features can do. :)

I was going to report this as a bug, but I'm sure I can possibly see this as designed (thought I disagree with it). So I'm not 100% sure.

Capture.webp

Was trying to see the shared IP log of a member (see above). And I noticed that there was a VERY long list for that 1 member. Kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and finally, saw that 1 other member used it (all the way at the bottom of this list).

But the point is, the list was like a mile long. And I didn't care how many times that X user used that IP. I only wanted to know if there was a Y user who shared that IP.

I was going to report this as a bug, but I'm sure I can possibly see this as designed (thought I disagree with it). So I'm not 100% sure.

View attachment 66020

Was trying to see the shared IP log of a member (see above). And I noticed that there was a VERY long list for that 1 member. Kept scrolling and scrolling and scrolling and finally, saw that 1 other member used it (all the way at the bottom of this list).

But the point is, the list was like a mile long. And I didn't care how many times that X user used that IP. I only wanted to know if there was a Y user who shared that IP.

I agree with you, perhaps a collapsible list for each IP and each username may be a better way to do it.

View attachment 66020

This is basically what I had in mind.

Made by @Luke Foreman
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/find-users-sharing-the-same-ip.116/

Maybe I wasn't expecting something exactly like this, but something more manageable (cleaner). Although I would have like it on the post it's self as well (not having the need to go all the way to their profile just to look it up)

So started looking at database changes for 1.3, and noticed something I didn't see mentioned anywhere else...

There's a new user state of "email_bounce"... Grepped the files and I didn't see anything that would actually SET it to that, but having it set to that prevents sending new mails (mostly), and also tosses up a notice about their email bouncing. Nice little thing that the bounce management systems can utilize.

Edit: just searched and found it mentioned earlier in this thread.

Not super excited about how IPv6 is being stored (really only because I don't use it), but I guess there's no way around it.... +1 byte per IP address to store IPv4 IP addresses, which would be 21MB for my setup *if* I used InnoDB tables (22,037,244 IPs logged). Worse for me though because ndbcluster has a 4-byte alignment, meaning that since IPv4 will take 5 bytes now (instead of 4 bytes) to store, ndbcluster needs to round that up to 8 bytes. So that's going to add 84MB to our existing IP table. Maybe I'll change the column to a BINARY(4) instead of VARBINARY(16). :)

How do we know which addons are 1.3 compatible? Is there a seal of approval?
Ask the developers of the addons.

Top Bottom