• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happiness is in your future. :)

Much happiness.

OK, Mr. Fortune Cookie...when does one achieve happiness? ;) And while you're at it, what are my lucky lotto numbers? :D

Kidding...can't wait to see what's in store with the new version! I may use the current one just to test the waters with an ad or two.

Lucky lotto number is 42..

Yes you could use the existing one now. It works well enough, though at this time it requires template edits. The biggest change for my use will be ad specific statistics (cpm) changes and now the ads are grouped.

I've been involved with this project from the beginning.

Me five!

I'm anxious to put ads on our XF forum, as we will be using this to help fund the server costs. But, I would like to be able to enable some ads only for visitors, where other ads show for everyone (the less intrusive ones). I am even looking at membership options where NO ads would appear if a member paid...but I realize that is probably more trouble. If each ad location could have a toggle to show/not show it to members, or base it on usergroups somehow, that would be slick. I did not read that your current version (downloadable here) can handle this, although I can see how it could be applied through template edits. I would mainly prefer that there be little to no template editing, just to make future XF upgrades less confusing...but it's not exactly a deal breaker for me either.

Anxiously awaiting your next official release!

The new version allows you to select which user groups Ads are displayed for each Ad location. I decided to make it an Ad location setting as some are naturally less obtrusive.

There will be no template edits. :)

Sheer agony! Now I really want this new version! :D

I'm glad we're on the same page. Many similar forums to ours treat ads the same way, so your approach is perfect for our needs. Willing to beta test if you need it--a lot of the members on our new forum are all friends from other forums that have been more than understanding with my little "experiments" over the years.

The new version allows you to select which user groups Ads are displayed for each Ad location. I decided to make it an Ad location setting as some are naturally less obtrusive.

There will be no template edits. :)

Will google ads be supported in this next version?

Hey Lawrence,

what is the difference of this plugin to the "Ad Location Templates" release with XF 1.0.0.
?

Installed now and found it really easy to get it working. Haven't tested all ad locations yet but I am in that process now but I'm pretty sure it will be awesome!! Top work Lawrence.

Hey Lawrence,

what is the difference of this plugin to the "Ad Location Templates" release with XF 1.0.0.
?

This will give you the means to populate those ad locations with ads, and no template edits required.

Sorry for this taking so long but I am currently developing a web site for a co-worker of my wife's place of employment, complete with a member log-in that will give him the capability to add to, or edit his web site with relative ease (I hope), and as well pull in his data from a master data base controlled by another company.

As of today I just have the member log-in area left to finish. And when completed it will allow him to create and publish articles to any part of his site. Once I have this job completed, I'll have the time to finish up the new version of XenAMS.

This will give you the means to populate those ad locations with ads, and no template edits required.

Sorry for this taking so long but I am currently developing a web site for a co-worker of my wife's place of employment, complete with a member log-in that will give him the capability to add to, or edit his web site with relative ease (I hope), and as well pull in his data from a master data base controlled by another company.

As of today I just have the member log-in area left to finish. And when completed it will allow him to create and publish articles to any part of his site. Once I have this job completed, I'll have the time to finish up the new version of XenAMS.

Looking forward to it. I'm not yet using XenAMS but I'll start with the next version.

Hi Lawrence,

I finally have installed this on a client site, and the banners don't seem to be rotating at all, the first one I uploaded and added is visible constantly.

There are also no options when I click on Ad Tools.

Is there something I have missed?

The client site is Beta5 btw.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kim

I am trying to add something to the logo_block; no matter what I do, the advertisement won't become active. Manage Ads displays the ad as "Not Active"
Any suggestions?

Hi Lawrence,

I finally have installed this on a client site, and the banners don't seem to be rotating at all, the first one I uploaded and added is visible constantly.

There are also no options when I click on Ad Tools.

Is there something I have missed?

The client site is Beta5 btw.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Kim
"Ad Tools" is not implemented yet -- see first Post.

I am trying to add something to the logo_block; no matter what I do, the advertisement won't become active. Manage Ads displays the ad as "Not Active"
Any suggestions?
"Days to Remain Active" - I assumed that by setting this to 0 (zero), it would make the advertisement active indefinitely - not the case. I set it to 365 for now but I think there should be a way ot make the advertisement active forever.

Once I have this job completed, I'll have the time to finish up the new version of XenAMS.

banana_boogie.gif

I'm holding off on using ads until I get this add-on. It's time to start bringing in some money! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom