• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

XenAMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for this taking so long but I am currently developing a web site for a co-worker of my wife's place of employment, complete with a member log-in that will give him the capability to add to, or edit his web site with relative ease (I hope), and as well pull in his data from a master data base controlled by another company.

Sounds like a job for WordPress

I just enabled APC cache and now receive the following error (every so often):
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: apc_store(): Potential cache slam averted for key 'forodata_adData' - library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php:112
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'apc_store(): Po...', '/srv/www/planet...', 112, Array)
#1 /library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php(112): apc_store('forodata_adData', Array, 10800)
#2 /library/Zend/Cache/Core.php(390): Zend_Cache_Backend_Apc->save('s:464:"a:7:{s:1...', 'forodata_adData', Array, false)
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(169): Zend_Cache_Core->save('a:7:{s:10:"brea...', 'data_adData')
#4 /library/XenAms/Model/FetchAds.php(168): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set('adData', Array)
#5 /library/XenAms/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php(171): XenAms_Model_FetchAds->rebuildSingleAdDataCache(Array, Array)
#6 /library/XenAms/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php(12): XenAms_Listener_FrontControllerPreView->__construct(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 [internal function]: XenAms_Listener_FrontControllerPreView::init(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(154): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#10 /index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(107) "<snip>"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

Any suggestions?

I just enabled APC cache and now receive the following error (every so often):
Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: apc_store(): Potential cache slam averted for key 'forodata_adData' - library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php:112
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'apc_store(): Po...', '/srv/www/planet...', 112, Array)
#1 /library/Zend/Cache/Backend/Apc.php(112): apc_store('forodata_adData', Array, 10800)
#2 /library/Zend/Cache/Core.php(390): Zend_Cache_Backend_Apc->save('s:464:"a:7:{s:1...', 'forodata_adData', Array, false)
#3 /library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(169): Zend_Cache_Core->save('a:7:{s:10:"brea...', 'data_adData')
#4 /library/XenAms/Model/FetchAds.php(168): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set('adData', Array)
#5 /library/XenAms/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php(171): XenAms_Model_FetchAds->rebuildSingleAdDataCache(Array, Array)
#6 /library/XenAms/Listener/FrontControllerPreView.php(12): XenAms_Listener_FrontControllerPreView->__construct(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#7 [internal function]: XenAms_Listener_FrontControllerPreView::init(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(54): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(154): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#10 /index.php(17): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#11 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(107) "<snip>"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

Any suggestions?

It's the first I heard of this error. The new version is completely re-written so hopefully this error will be fixed as it utilizes caches.

I'm currently working on a download manager for the above mentioned site I am creating, and hope it'll be done in the next couple of days. When that is completed, all I have left is to finish off is a few options for the Admin CP and UserCP, and then I'll be able to get back to XenAMS full time.

Lawrence, I have not been around much lately. Is this same Banner system you had before but evolved or is this a different one? My memory is failing me and I don't remember the word XenAMS.

I'm currently working on a download manager for the above mentioned site I am creating, and hope it'll be done in the next couple of days. When that is completed, all I have left is to finish off is a few options for the Admin CP and UserCP, and then I'll be able to get back to XenAMS full time.

Ooh, awesome news. Will you also release or sell the Download manager by any chance?

Just upgraded my site to 1.0.1 and on the PAGE_CONTAINER can't find the below to add the code too..
<!-- top breadcrumb, top ctrl -->

Installed it under
<xen:hook name="page_container_breadcrumb_top">

is this the right place now? looks to be working..

Anyone?

I have been waiting on this :)
I need to install it on a clients site but I don't want to get his hopes up, see it working, then have to upgrade it to the new version,,, I can keep him waiting just a little longer but I was hoping to have some idea of a time line before the next version is out...

I totaly understand your position Lawrence and I know your busy as hell... Just hoping for a bone to throw him :)

PS.. Thanks for your hard work Lawrence!

I sense this one not happening, it has been many many months past when he said he was going to updated it. Maybe someone else will make something similar. :confused:

I sense this one not happening, it has been many many months past when he said he was going to updated it. Maybe someone else will make something similar. :confused:
Programming takes time and he's already mentioned he's busy with a few other things.

Really, what was your first clue? :rolleyes:
Oh see, I wasn't sure you actually got to that. Seemed like you instantly posted disgruntled because someone has a life out developing things that they don't get paid for, and apparently only get flak when they have other business to take care of.

My mistake :rolleyes:.

PS. I do it just as well, don't I?

Actually, I just finished the project I was working on, yesterday. It took longer than expected because the client wanted a couple of extras: one was rotating pictures of a featured listing that faded from one to the next. This gave me the opportunity to learn about jQuery as I never was inclined to do so before. So now the new version of XenAms will include a rotating option for each ad contained in an Ad Pack.

The other extra the client wanted is one I don't think will make it into XenAms: a mortgage calculator, :p. The calculator took the longest as I had to research how mortgages are calculated in Canada. It is different than in the U.S. The calculator had to be exact, taking interest rates, down payment, loan amount, term years, and loan protection rate (which I didn't know about as it was implemented in 2006) into account. The rounding to the second decimal place was the hard part. The one I coded was either 1 cent higher or lower than other sites calculators when the third decimal was a five (not good). Thank-you PHP Manual (kind of, actually the discussion on the round function helped me get it right).

User friendly URL's for his site I added on my own. And I'm glad I did as I had the chance to learn how to pass arguments contained in a user friendly URL to php using htaccess. Like jQuery, htaccess was something I knew little of so it was a great learning opportunity. Have you ever generated a 60Meg error file in one shot? I have, :cool:

His site is basically finished with the exception of some data from the client I am waiting on.

So, now I have the time to get back to this, yay. I need to update my test site to 1.0.1 which I'll do shortly and then get my mind-set back into it.

This gave me the opportunity to learn about jQuery as I never was inclined to do so before.

Slick, isn't it? :) I avoided it myself, but had a client request a couple of features for the images in her online catalog. Since it worked so well here, I figured I would give it another try, and I found two existing JQuery addons that do exactly what I need. The rest now is tweaking CSS and writing my catalog app to use the new markups. It saves me a lot of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom