• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Does this give the option to have people log in and create an account in Wordpress FIRST then when they go to Xenforo it maps them over to that? I am looking for Wordpress to control the member accounts as it is already set up with our current members and we manage them that way already with our website.

No. XF takes over all account control.

I am looking for a CMS/blog system and it seems that everyone is saying Wordpress in the way to go.

My situation in what I need is slightly different to the norm and I was wondering whether this plugin will do the trick for me.

I have my Xenforo forums installed in domain1.com
I want to have a CMS/Blog system installed on domain2
Both domains are separate accounts in WHM on my server so I can give access to the Xenforo db that is on domain1 to domain2

Will this plugin work in that type of scenario?
Sorry, it won't work at all

Ibaker, what I would do is set up domain two as a add-on domain in domain ones cPanel (not WHM) and move your files there. It will then put a folder inside your domain one's public_html folder. Now you can map your path without any restricted access for the two to talk. In WP Bridge your path now would be /home/domain1-username/public_html/domaintwo.com/

Ibaker, what I would do is set up domain two as a add-on domain in domain ones cPanel (not WHM) and move your files there. It will then put a folder inside your domain one's public_html folder. Now you can map your path without any restricted access for the two to talk. In WP Bridge your path now would be /home/domain1-username/public_html/domaintwo.com/
That won't work because cookie can not be shared between 2 different domains (sub-domains will work but not domains)

That won't work because cookie can not be shared between 2 different domains (sub-domains will work but not domains)

xfrocks,

My setup is this:

WP and xF are in the same root directory (xF is xenforo folder)

I have a subdomain mapped to the xenForo folder (i.e. forums.URL.com). If I install the bridge it would work correctly if I didn't have the subdomain setup. Due to the subdomain the cookies and redirect don't work correctly.

Can I work around that somehow?

Hi,

The bride will work without any problems under subdomains. Just change your cookie domain to ".domain.com" (there is a dot before the the domain)
xfrocks,

My setup is this:

WP and xF are in the same root directory (xF is xenforo folder)

I have a subdomain mapped to the xenForo folder (i.e. forums.URL.com). If I install the bridge it would work correctly if I didn't have the subdomain setup. Due to the subdomain the cookies and redirect don't work correctly.

Can I work around that somehow?

haven't seen any post about WP 3.2.1 and 1.04 xenforo together. Anyone confirm this will work with the bridge? I'm at work so I cant really test anything. Thanks!

Is there any way from stopping duplicate users being created in wordpress, Some of the accounts on the forum have ended up with 3 or 4 wordpress user accounts being created.
Can you post the XenForo's username and WordPress username(s) of those users?

Since XF controls the permissions...what about members being able to create articles in WP? Is there a way to allow them to do so?

I know WP has BuddyPress and the Members plugin...are these then, incompatible or unnecessary?

Since XF controls the permissions...what about members being able to create articles in WP? Is there a way to allow them to do so?

I know WP has BuddyPress and the Members plugin...are these then, incompatible or unnecessary?
Anyone know the answer to this one?

I doubt it.
You might want them to be able to submit articles, but surely you wouldn't want many (if any) to be able to post articles.
You need to choose between BuddyPress and xenForo.
If using xenForo, BuddyPress and any other plugin is unnecessary.

Top Bottom