• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

How are you supposed to manage the accounts rights on the Wordpress after bridging ?

Let's say I got people that write articles on my website, how can they keep their rights after bridging ?

I got a plugin called Capabilities, I manage the users rights with this, but when I click it, it send me to xenforo administration
Someone told me he couldn't write articles anymore or upload files

Can anyone help ? I got a caching plugin on my website and users can't comment because of this
Is there a way to solve this ? :/

I'm having trouble figuring out how to grant author/contributor status to users so they can submit stories to the WP site. I created a new usergroup called "Authors" and then on WP via XF settings, I lined it up with WP's Contribitor (also tried author as well) but the user doesn't show up in the list of Authors?

Thanks.
Ray

So I've read through all 31 pages in hopes of finding someone with a similar problem to mine. I am able to install the plugin with no problems. The path to xenforo is found and the global salt seems to work.

When I log in I am redirected to my xenforo login page and afterwards I am redirected back to my blog. After this the blog doesn't see me as logged in, posts won't let me edit them, and the login link is still in the sidebar (it should disappear in normal operation). I am however able to go to <domain>/blog/wp-admin and I am seen as the correct user.

Has there been anyone with issues getting this working with W3 Total Cache? That seems to be the mostly likely culprit but I can't be sure. Has anyone else experienced a similar issue?

Has there been anyone with issues getting this working with W3 Total Cache? That seems to be the mostly likely culprit but I can't be sure.
That is a known problem.

Re: Total Cache
Based on what was said there it won't work currently as the standard wordpress cookies aren't used (we use the XF cookies). I suppose it'd possible for a future version but it would require significant changes.

Hope that helps.

Now go into the bridge panel settings in WP and enter your string in the salt field.

I cant find this at all - i can find is the options/xenforo tab, which for some reason seems empty...

Oh also if i put my globalsalt on the line following the <php then it breaks the site...

Any clues??...

Xfrocks, I had this running for a good amount of time.. but I moved my installation around without changing the path first. Now I just get a blank white page whenever I enable the plugin (php error reporting is disabled by my host I think) -- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but still get the same thing. When I go into the "Xenforo Settings" I don't see any of the original options. It's just a blank template with nothing to select or see :( Any ideas?

hi xfrocks,
i've made all the steps for installing the Bridge. I've a problem

1 - for Wordpress when I want to logon it remind me to the forum
2 - I logon to the forum but on WordPress I cannot make anything... like I'm not logged...

I probably make samething wrong.... could you please tell me something abput? some check...

thanks

Xfrocks, I had this running for a good amount of time.. but I moved my installation around without changing the path first. Now I just get a blank white page whenever I enable the plugin (php error reporting is disabled by my host I think) -- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin, but still get the same thing. When I go into the "Xenforo Settings" I don't see any of the original options. It's just a blank template with nothing to select or see :( Any ideas?
Just to clarify on this... by "moved my installation" I mean I moved my xenforo to /community/ and put wordpress in the root. Before I did that it was xenforo in root, and wordpress in /subfolder

Just to clarify on this... by "moved my installation" I mean I moved my xenforo to /community/ and put wordpress in the root. Before I did that it was xenforo in root, and wordpress in /subfolder
I am going fro memory here but isnt there a path setting in either the XF or WP admin that needs to point to a directory? If so did you change that to reflect your move?

It looks like you need to alter the settings in database directly. Send me a message with your site info and I will reset it for you. But this is strange because normally the script will stop if it can not find the files...

It looks like you need to alter the settings in database directly. Send me a message with your site info and I will reset it for you. But this is strange because normally the script will stop if it can not find the files...
It's okay, I bought a different bridge that integrates comments with posts. Thank you for your response though! :)

Bleh, that's annoying. I use BuddyPress so I need WP to be the main database. Unless someone else has done this I'll have to do it myself.

Yes, I want this functionality as well. It's foolish not to be able to use all the wonderful Wordpress plugins that employ the Wordpress member database such as membership plugins like Wishlist Member.

Why don't developers see the potential in this? Most sites are run on Wordpress and want to ADD a forum to their existing site and member database. NOT re-arrange their site and mickey around having the forum control the logins etc. Makes no sense.

Yes, I want this functionality as well. It's foolish not to be able to use all the wonderful Wordpress plugins that employ the Wordpress member database such as membership plugins like Wishlist Member.

Why don't developers see the potential in this? Most sites are run on Wordpress and want to ADD a forum to their existing site and member database. NOT re-arrange their site and mickey around having the forum control the logins etc. Makes no sense.
To be honest, I didn't think that way. I do now. Will see what I can do...

Top Bottom