• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Help #1: "can't get working" is not an easy place to start to help someone. What is and isn't working. Error message ?
I didn't get any error message.
I tried both methods for XenForo globalSalt.
Anyway when I try to login via WP it doesn't redirect me to xF login page, also the XenForo widgets doesn't shows in WP Widget area when I'm putting them.
XenForo Path is Found and I set the permissions as well.
I also tried to login with my xF account in the WP and of course "Wrong Username"

How do I get the widgets to work with this? No matter were I place it or what the settings are, nothing shows up

I have XF 1.0.2 and wordpress 3.1.3. Installed a new setup of wordpress in a seperate sub domain and now I cannot login to wordpress. What did I do wrong?

Wordpress 3.1.3 + Xenforo 1.0.1 and the current bridge version is corrupting the flash unloader giving an HTTP error when I try to upload photos with the flash uploaded in wordpress. When I disable it, I can upload just fine.

Wordpress 3.1.3 + Xenforo 1.0.1 and the current bridge version is corrupting the flash unloader giving an HTTP error when I try to upload photos with the flash uploaded in wordpress. When I disable it, I can upload just fine.

Confirmed. I was wondering what was causing this. Hopefully we can get a workaround or a bugfix in the near future.

Xfrocks:
Pretty please? :whistle:

Just a short note to anyone using a non-standard MySQL port (anything other than 3306)... you'll have to make adjustments to this and other mods that connect to the database where XenForo is hosted.

I've found at least two Addon products where a custom DB port isn't considered.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then this probably doesn't apply to you. :)

I'm having problems with this plug in as well.

Other wordpress plug-ins like W3 Total Cache are not recognising logged in users when usign this bridge so are caching pages from log in users even when told not to.

And the plugin is creating mutiple users with the same information, Some of my forum users have got 20 plus wordpress accounts.

hey guys, is there any way to use Disqus with this bridge?
I think the question is ... can you use Disqus with Wordpress ?
It's more a Wordpress question than a Xenforo question or a Bridge question.
... but doesn't Disqus have their own logins ? They must.
so that isn't going to work well.

Anyone tried it ?

I think the question is ... can you use Disqus with Wordpress ?
It's more a Wordpress question than a Xenforo question or a Bridge question.
... but doesn't Disqus have their own logins ? They must.
so that isn't going to work well.

Anyone tried it ?

Disqus has a wordpress plugin that works flawlessly, and can share comments over the wordpress/disqus system but as you mentioned it needs its own login, which is a pain as current users then have to relogin. The main issue is that I like disqus as it instantly kills off the 70 spam messages I get in an average week on askimet. I guess this is more of a xenforo to disqus system really...via wordpress...

I have it running on my wordpress site (link below)

If anyone could help, it would be much appreciated.

When I try to login to Wordpress, it sends me to XenForo. Logging in at Xenforo, doesn't log me into wordpress however. I just keep going back to Xenforo.

I'm using WordPress 3.0.1 + XenForo 1.0.2. I installed the plugin, without any error message.

From WP when I click some link to the login or registration form it still takes me to the WP form, and not the Xenforo one.

When I log from Xenforo and then I go to the WP blog I appear not logged in, but if I go to wp-admin manually it takes me to the WP profile page of the user created from Xenforo. The plugin creates the users on the db but then it seems it's unable to log properly.

I can't figure out what's the problem. :(

Thanks!

Hello everyone,

I apologize if this is not the correct place to ask these questions.

I am thoroughly reviewing the available CMS options and I really want to make the correct decision and not regret and try to change it months later.

It appears my choices are currently limited to WordPress (with this wonderful bridge!), SubDreamer, ContentTeller, and Vivvo.

Of those I would think WordPress would have by far the largest user base and that is an attribute that must be considered.

However, even after reading this thread in entirety along with every other WordPress thread I could find here and even attempting to contact some WordPress Bridge users by private message I am unclear about the level of integration that is currently possible.

Here are my questions, and again I apologize if this is not the correct place to discuss this.

1.) Having not used Wordpress, is it a viable CMS for a site that will not allow blogs but have user submitted articles?

2.) Is it possible to use Xenforo for comments on articles in Wordpress? If so, do those comments appear inline below the article?

3.) Is it possible to have Wordpress create a Xenforo thread in a specified forum whan an article is published?

4.) Is it possible to have Wordpress use the same avatar the user has selected in Xenforo?

5.) Is it posssible to display xenforo information (such as latest posts or favorite posts) in a block in Wordpress?

6.) Likewise, is it possible to display Wordpress info (such as latest articles or favorite articles) in a block in Wordpress.

Thank you for your responses. I truly appreciate them and this will go along way towards forming my choice.

Thank you for the link.

Based on that it appears the answers to 4 and 6 are yes.

Item 5 is not a terribly important issue for me at the moment, but #2 is.

Is it possible to use Xenforo for the article comments and have them appear below the Wordpress article?

Top Bottom