• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

Keeping Wordpress Comments on Wordpress Blogs probably maximizes the stability of the Wordpress-Xenforo Bridging.

Does everyone like Wordpress' native commenting ? Is it secure ?

Using this bridge is it possible to determine the Xenforo user id.

It appears that in my case all users are WP User ID -1 for the Xenforo ID but is that always true in all installations and is there a better way to get the Xenforo user id?

Also, what happens if a user changes their username?

I'm considering/about to use this bridge for my latest project. I've read the last several pages, but I'd be interested in feedback on this add-on. Are there any major problems? Any issues someone new to XenForo and new to this bridge should know about? I'm also curious if updates will be made to this in the future.

Why can't we have a bridge that uses the Wordpress login system then automatically logs them into Xenforo? That way we could use Wordpress as the front page of the site and also use the various membership site plugins like Wishlist Member. Seems the more logical way to approach things since most sites have a Wordpress frontpage and already use the Wordpress login system.

I'm having trouble with this. I have tried using both my salt in app.php and have tried leaving the setting blank in wp settings and adding $config['globalSalt'] = '12345678987654321'; to my XenForo config. Both ways if I click on users while logged in with my WP admin, it forwards me into users in XenForo. But if I try to log into WP with my XF user/pass, I get invalid password. I'm using WP 3.2.1 and XF 1.0.4

I'm having trouble with this. I have tried using both my salt in app.php and have tried leaving the setting blank in wp settings and adding $config['globalSalt'] = '12345678987654321'; to my XenForo config. Both ways if I click on users while logged in with my WP admin, it forwards me into users in XenForo. But if I try to log into WP with my XF user/pass, I get invalid password. I'm using WP 3.2.1 and XF 1.0.4

Hate to break it to you, but this add-on is pretty much dead. It hasn't been updated in forever.

Thanks to DOA, my bridge works now! If your having issues. Try putting the random string you made your salt in the config file also in the field in WP settings. Clear all your cookies for your domain name, then try again. Thanks again DOA for the advice!

Thanks to DOA, my bridge works now! If your having issues. Try putting the random string you made your salt in the config file also in the field in WP settings. Clear all your cookies for your domain name, then try again. Thanks again DOA for the advice!

How would you rewrite the original instructions, so others are able to try what you did ?

Huh? What? :D
:P What have you been up to, anyway?

I figured you had stopped working on this. It's more or less broken as is with the latest versions of WP/XF. I tried many suggestions from here, and none seem to work (for me).

How would you rewrite the original instructions, so others are able to try what you did ?

1st go into your application.php and get your random generated salt string.

So, let's say it is 12349876a122a569

now in your XF config right after the <php, add

$config['globalSalt'] = '12349876a122a569'; changing "12349876a122a569" to your correct string you sound above.

Now go into the bridge panel settings in WP and enter your string in the salt field.

Now in your path field, do your full server path and not just ../forum/ If your using cPanel, your path will be /home/cpanel-username/public_html/forum/

Save and log out of XenForo, both admin and user. Now log out of WP and then delete ALL cookies for your domain.

Now first log into XenForo admin and then log into WP and it should now work for you.

Does this give the option to have people log in and create an account in Wordpress FIRST then when they go to Xenforo it maps them over to that? I am looking for Wordpress to control the member accounts as it is already set up with our current members and we manage them that way already with our website.

Top Bottom