Where is 1.1?

The devs have included some user feedback as displaying smilies with css sprites, I welcome they take time to listen to ours ideas.

View attachment 19069
Not sure what you mean or are inferring here.

To clarify, it's generally accepted to be the "end of summer". We haven't seen any "Have You Seen?" videos about 1.1's custom profile fields, moderation features, new search engine, or any of the other major features that it's already been confirmed to have. There's no word of a beta, no revised timeline or estimated release date, and according to the HYS videos we have seen, it hasn't even left Alpha.

In other words, the prospect of its [imminent] release is not looking so great.

The prospect of its release is not looking so great, to be honest, which is really troublesome for those of us who must plan major site revisions around 1.1.
Whatever are you on about?

Of course it will be released, but it might not be today or tomorrow.

It does annoy me actually when a company says something like "we should have this released by the end of the summer" and then people start trying to pinpoint the official end of summer and then complain when it hasn't come out the following day.

It's just an approximation, it always is. It could be months later depending on how things go. Software development isn't like building televisions.

Whatever are you on about?

Of course it will be released, but it might not be today or tomorrow.

It does annoy me actually when a company says something like "we should have this released by the end of the summer" and then people start trying to pinpoint the official end of summer and then complain when it hasn't come out the following day.

It's just an approximation, it always is. It could be months later depending on how things go. Software development isn't like building televisions.
Lets be friends :).

I made the point earlier in the thread, but let's not forget that numerous tweaks and changes have been made in the last week based on customer feedback.

Sure they could have released it without those, but I suspect most will be pleased to have those additional features at the expense of it being released slightly later.

Top Bottom