Where is 1.1?

I made the point earlier in the thread, but let's not forget that numerous tweaks and changes have been made in the last week based on customer feedback.

Sure they could have released it without those, but I suspect most will be pleased to have those additional features at the expense of it being released slightly later.
Definitely! What some of you good (and understandably impatient) folks seem not to understand is that XenForo is mighty, but it is a small company.

As such, it makes WAY more sense to deploy the single copy running here for a while, so we all get to thrash the dickens out of the code (which continues to be tweaked, as is always the case for an Alpha product on the threshold of becoming Beta), and for us to have the opportunity to also ask for some tweaks or little mini-features that might be cool (some of which it seems have been added in response to user requests during this time)... (taking a breath...), than it would make sense to shove it out the door BEFORE fixing the stray bugs and tweaks that have been reported and requested.

Why? Because if they shoved it out the door sooner, then suddenly they'd be flooded with many DUPLICATE (or megapolycate) emails and support requests and bug requests and griping about the same issues... which if all responded to would take an inordinate amount of time and energy away from the further tuning and bug squashing (alpha, on the brink of beta, remember!) and oh yeah... further development which is what they're REALLY good at!

All together now, let's chant The Alpha to Beta Mantra: No fine wine before its time...(take a slow deep breath...) No fine wine before its time...(slow deep breath) [repeat as needed...] :cool:

Why when I read this thread do I instantly have a feeling of deja vu, All these people that want a release date should just just think back to their time with vBulletin and realise that that it will be released when its ready.

Why when I read this thread do I instantly have a feeling of deja vu, All these people that want a release date should just just think back to their time with vBulletin and realise that that it will be released when its ready.

Cos not everyone is here just because of vBulletin.

I would much rather hear people complain that the updated software is not being released on time than hearing people complain that the software (release prematurely) caused data loss, data corruption, or compromised sever security.

I'm waiting for 1.1 to be released before I purchase it.

"end of summer, blah blah"

Indeed, and before the end of the summer, as promised, we see 1.1 - rolled out here.

I see nowhere that it says we'd get the .zip file in our members' area before September 23rd 2011.

Use the live site here, test it all. Think twice about what you see and how you think it benefits you and your community, AND the community of thousands of others. And provide positive feedback and/or constructive feedback with arguments when it's less positive.

1.1 is looking great, and we haven't even seen the improvements in the admin area yet (used live I mean).

I remember when I used vBulletin 1 as a test, or IPB when it was still early and free. This is a huge improvement, and that's only the first stable release, version 1. Can't wait for 1.1, and 1.2, looking forward to 2.0 in the future.

Remember: 1.0 will look outdated in a few years, how the iPhone 1 as innovating as it was looks outdated right now.
It can only get better at this point. Currently (pending buy out of some corporation that ruins it) I can't believe it will turn out otherwise.

Modern solution to an online community with enough social aspects that helps bring people together around a topic with features that are user-friendly and intuitive, not to mention positive post provoking (ignoring there will always be idiots).

We were told to see 1.1 this summer, we have. I am sure the beta is around the corner, and 1.1 is stable before the end of the year.

Back
Top Bottom