Where is 1.1?

What's going on?
Are we going to get a release this week?
I'm aware it is online here right now... Shouldn't it be ready to go here within the next few days MAX?

Summer is ..... pretty much over.....

Search around. A number of threads like this with the same answer. Most are guessing later this week or early next week.

What's going on?
Are we going to get a release this week?
I'm aware it is online here right now... Shouldn't it be ready to go here within the next few days MAX?

It has been stated the features of 1.1 are being rolled out slowly and tested here first.

AFAIK we haven't seen all the new shiz yet so I would put it at least 2 weeks off.

Shouldn't it be ready to go here within the next few days MAX?

Who says it should be released within a couple days of hitting here? There's no "rule" of when something has to be released.

Also, "pretty much over" isn't over. I'll wait until it is considered done and solid, rather than have it released early to make impatient people happy. Anyway, see the other 50 threads on "What will it be released?!" "Summer is over!!!" and various other such types of thread titles.

Summer isn't over here but I bet spring just started somewhere else. Kier has already said it before, in some weeks.

Making multiple threads for the same thing slows down progress. Just saying, if i want a snack I go in the kitchen not the garage ..if I was looking in the garage for a hot pocket I would be looking for a while :-)

I am sure Xf is going to be happy to release 1.1 asap but not before they mop up any possible bugs. Remember that the size of your bag of tricks doesn't matter if it has holes in it.

I'm SURE they're looking forward to the burst of cash flow upon the release of 1.1... I don't really think they're trying to torture us...

If there are still bugs that need to be fixed as we all thrash the code here, it makes total sense to me that they fix those stray bugs BEFORE they release it to us directly, cuz then they've just get FLOODED with tech support tickets all reporting the same n number of issues.

As hard as it is to wait, I really do think this is the far more prudent approach... No Wine Before Its Time. ;)

ps to EQnoble... lol you beat me by a minute, saying essentially the same thing. cheers!

As hard as it is to wait, I really do think this is the far more prudent approach... No Wine Before Its Time.;)
You should see my wine cellar...if an aging wine bottle not ready to drink is a bug...and my cellar is a framework, I my friend have a failing application ;-)

You should see my wine cellar...if an aging wine bottle not ready to drink is a bug...and my cellar is a framework, I my friend have a failing application ;-)
... No Wine Before Its Time. ;)

Let me see if I could write out my senseless logic in that thought process

Code:
if wine sitting in a bottle aging to maturity = a programming bug

&&

If my celler = an application framework

then:  homemade wine aging until it can be consumed = waiting for 1.1 to get all the lil kinks ironed out so it can be released.

which could mean: no wine before it's time = no 1.1 until it is ready

I suppose it was misleading to say failing as I do overuse the hell out of that word...I guess I need to work on vocabulary :-/ When I say fail or failing...it could be spilling milk..literally...you could be drinking a glass of milk and spill a drop on your shirt and I may say laughingly "fail".

left me try to rephrase my senseless rambling from earlier...

You should see my wine cellar...
if an aging wine bottle not ready to mature is a bug...and my cellar is a framework, I my friend have an application in the process of being debugged ;-)

btw
I thank you for pointing that out...I was still groggy when I posted that and now that I read it...it totally reads as something I would not say.

They said we would see 1.1 around the summer. We have it on this site here.
The next step in development is finishing the features, processing user-feedback and bug reports.
And preparing for a beta either to private testers or to customers who want to have the .zip to 'test' their community against.
they did not say 1.1 "golden master" or "stable" would be out before the end of the summer.

Not in the UK, according to a post by Kier a while back... Something about UK having only two seasons, Winter and Summer...

Anyway I think we'd like to see it in September, but personally if it'd be Sept but still buggy or Oct and pretty clean, I'll just have to keep practicing my slow, deep breathing a little longer... and oh yeah, sigh a lot. Kier and Mike are prize thoroughbreds... Don't whip'em too hard... I doubt you'd break their spirit, but they're runnin' flat out I'm sure. (Thot I'd try race horses this time instead of a wine analogy...) >> with a lil wink to EQnoble! :D

Does make me annoyed seeing so many threads on "Where is 1.1, Summer is over"

All that will happen in the future, is developers will say "It's ready when it's ready" or "It will be at some point during 2011".

Just be patient people and wait. Im sure the developers want it released ASAP so the coffers start to fill up, but obiviously they are professionals and dont want to release a buggy version.

Back
Top Bottom