[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

Rich (BB code):
UPDATE xf_social_forum_member SET is_social_forum_creator = 1 WHERE user_id = XXX and social_forum_id = YYY
replacing XXX with the ID of the user you want to set as creator and YYY as the ID of the social forum.

This worked perfectly - thank you.

Okay, I found a bug.

When viewing a category's list of social forums, in the latest post bar, it will display another social forums information. It does not display the actual social forums latest post, but rather anothers.

Okay, I found a bug.

When viewing a category's list of social forums, in the latest post bar, it will display another social forums information. It does not display the actual social forums latest post, but rather anothers.
I'm unable to replicate this. Have you tried rebuilding the caches?

Hello,

Is there a way to have threads withing social groups display a "Next Thread | Previous Thread" link above and below the thread content? (navigates threads within social group). I have tried using this addon, but it is not compatible with Social Groups (it navigates outside of the social group to random threads).

Thanks.

Okay, I have tried and tried and it seems to be a bug with the latest social groups.

The "latest post" shows incorrect information (user posted in thread they never posted in, incorrect latest thread, etc). I believe it is social groups causing the problems.

Thanks.

Okay, I have tried and tried and it seems to be a bug with the latest social groups.

The "latest post" shows incorrect information (user posted in thread they never posted in, incorrect latest thread, etc). I believe it is social groups causing the problems.

Thanks.
But this error only happens when you have [bd] Banking enabled?

No, this error only happens when I have Social Groups enabled (by the looks of it so far). It is not consistent, it is random. If I rebuild the Social Groups cache it fixes the error, but it looks like it has leaked throughout the forum (again, random).

No, this error only happens when I have Social Groups enabled (by the looks of it so far). It is not consistent, it is random. If I rebuild the Social Groups cache it fixes the error, but it looks like it has leaked throughout the forum (again, random).
Usually these things aren't random. Are you able to replicate the problem by moving a thread or something like that -- perhaps trying to move a thread to/from a social group?

Get this when trying to make a social forum using Xenforo 1.2

Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) ORDER BY social_forum.title ASC' at line 13 -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Miners Guild, A moment ago

Stack Trace
#0 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('??????SELECT so...')
#1 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '??????SELECT so...')
#2 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('??????SELECT so...')
#3 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('??????SELECT so...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(323): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('??????SELECT so...', 'social_forum_id')
#5 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(408): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForums(Array, Array)
#6 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php(125): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getStickySocialForumsInForum(74, Array, Array)
#7 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionForum()
#8 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/dev/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://dev.xxxxxxx.com/social-categories/guilds.74/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Last edited:
Get this when trying to make a social forum using Xenforo 1.2
Does this error appear every time you now view the social category or has it gone now?

If not, could just be a database error. Otherwise, it is probably a conflict with another add-on. Try disabling other add-ons to see if the error goes away.

Does this error appear every time you now view the social category or has it gone now?

If not, could just be a database error. Otherwise, it is probably a conflict with another add-on. Try disabling other add-ons to see if the error goes away.
Only when I try and CREATE one. I can see the empty forum no problem, but when I try and actually make a forum it gives the error.

Only when I try and CREATE one. I can see the empty forum no problem, but when I try and actually make a forum it gives the error.
Okay, now it let me make one on my account (I was logged in as another user before) and I can see it on my account fine, but when I use another account )logged into by your login addon I get the following editor

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')) ORDER BY social_forum.title ASC' at line 13 -library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Mages Guild, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('??????SELECT so...')
#1 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '??????SELECT so...')
#2 /home/dev/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('??????SELECT so...')
#3 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('??????SELECT so...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(323): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('??????SELECT so...', 'social_forum_id')
#5 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Model/SocialForum.php(408): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getSocialForums(Array, Array)
#6 /home/dev/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/ControllerPublic/SocialCategory.php(125): Waindigo_SocialGroups_Model_SocialForum->getStickySocialForumsInForum(74, Array, Array)
#7 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): Waindigo_SocialGroups_ControllerPublic_SocialCategory->actionForum()
#8 /home/dev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#9 /home/dev/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(51) "http://dev.*********.com/social-categories/guilds.74/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Note: Only have 2 addons installed your loin as users and social forums.

Are you able to give me access because the error you are posting doesn't seem to tie in to the actions you say you are taking?

I would love to see some more features for Social Forums. Any idea on when you might be taking contributions toward certain features?

Top Bottom