[TH] Social Groups [Deleted]

This is possible if you have a very large site (or are on a slow/shared server). Have you tried editing the php time limit?
Its a big board on a private cloud. :)
I installed it now. Thanks.

@Waindigo
Are you planing to implement the new threads function to use XF 1.2 its tabs on whats new?
How can I turn off the 'watched social forums' link in navbar?

Last edited:
Hi Jon,

I am just wondering. I can see the user group in the message user info bit. I am just wondering if there is a way to move this from there into the signature of the users post. I have looked in the templates and can't see any code where it is being added. How do I go about adding that into the users signature?

Thanks.

Hi,

I am getting this error when a user tries to register on the forums

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/thereefu/public_html/library/Waindigo/SocialGroups/Extend/XenForo/Model/User.php on line 27

It seems to be an issue with the addon "New User Conversation". If I disable the NUC addon, everything works. However, when enabled registration does not work.

Thanks.

EDIT: Was due to not having the correct name in the other addon.

Last edited:
Its a big board on a private cloud. :)
I installed it now. Thanks.

@Waindigo
Are you planing to implement the new threads function to use XF 1.2 its tabs on whats new?
What exactly is not implemented? I assume this is the same permissions issue that affected 1.1?

How can I turn off the 'watched social forums' link in navbar?
I'll add an option for this.

What exactly is not implemented? I assume this is the same permissions issue that affected 1.1?
Its a new function that allows you to display new content from your addon on a separate tab on the 'new posts' page.
Support for tabs on new content pages
For add-on developers, there is now a new system to add tabs to the top of new content pages (such as "new threads"). This will make it easier for users to find updates to non-thread/post content.

Like this 'new media' tab for the XenMediaGallery:
Please add support for this new XF 1.2 feature by adding a 'new group posts' tab.

Its a new function that allows you to display new content from your addon on a separate tab on the 'new posts' page.

Like this 'new media' tab for the XenMediaGallery:
View attachment 54108
Please add support for this new XF 1.2 feature by adding a 'new group posts' tab.
Currently all posts are included under the new posts tab, rather than a separate group posts tab. But it is permission dependent and currently permissions added by joining a group are not taken into account -- fixing this issue is currently the priority, but if having a 'new group posts' tab makes this easier to fix then I will certainly consider it.

Hi Jon,

I am just wondering. I can see the user group in the message user info bit. I am just wondering if there is a way to move this from there into the signature of the users post. I have looked in the templates and can't see any code where it is being added. How do I go about adding that into the users signature?

Thanks.
Are you referring to the social groups in the post bit?

Waindigo updated Social Groups by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.8 released

New features:
  • Added option to hide Watched Social Forums link in navigation bar in XenForo 1.2.
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed bug that editing a member using the inline moderation tools in the social forums member list would hang and not update on XenForo 1.2.
  • Fixed bug that an error would appear when viewing list of social forums if there were no social forums visible for users with very limited permissions.
  • Template edit for editing thread prefixes is now...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Im not getting the create social forum button

no idea why

edit: lol forget that, i had just clicked allow for all permissions for admin, but didn't realise the create social forum had to be set

Im not getting the create social forum button

no idea why
Make sure you have given yourself permission. The create social forum permission is an integer permission (i.e., you have to type a number or click the unlimited radio button).

I just updated to the latest version, and when I try and click on edit next to a member in the group members list, nothing happens. No errors appear.

is this happening to anyone else ?

I just updated to the latest version, and when I try and click on edit next to a member in the group members list, nothing happens. No errors appear.

is this happening to anyone else ?
What version of XenForo? Have you uploaded all the files? Make sure you have uploaded the js folder as I included a minified version of the Javascript in the most recent update.

I'm running 1.2, and im 100% sure all files were uploaded. I even just re uploaded them to make sure with the same effect.

Top Bottom