• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk - XenForo support (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, Nokia app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beyond that they still don't have conversations working for Xenforo boards, my users really miss that from VB. Really frustrating.

Note, also, that Tapatalk is not compatible with the XF 1.1 betas. They supposedly are awaiting the final version for an update, but it would be nice for an interim upgrade to keep our forums accessible.

Going to come off as a jerk, but you shouldn't be using 1.1 betas on live boards. This is suggested by Kier, developers, and many designers because they're usually not going to support anything except the stable release.

Going to come off as a jerk, but you shouldn't be using 1.1 betas on live boards. This is suggested by Kier, developers, and many designers because they're usually not going to support anything except the stable release.
It's a live, low traffic board. It's our test bed, and if it flakes out a little, I'm OK with that. We're not going to make a big push for members and posts until 1.1 final is near-final is out, but as things are going, that can't be more than weeks away.

Our most popular board won't migrate until I know everything is ready.

We know the risk, and Tapatalk has so far been the only bump in the road. I can live with that.

It's a live, low traffic board. It's our test bed, and if it flakes out a little, I'm OK with that. We're not going to make a big push for members and posts until 1.1 final is near-final is out, but as things are going, that can't be more than weeks away.

Our most popular board won't migrate until I know everything is ready.
exactly ^

btw tapatalk was working for us on beta 1 and 2
it's cool, I know things will get updated :)

Nope, not coming across as a jerk at all .... Took my own risks in doing so and expected some things not to work. Just confirming that they dont LOL

heres a workaround from tapatalk forum:

For Xenforo 1.1 forum, please update plugin file 'mobiquo/include/get_thread.php' at line 108:
$threadModel->markThreadRead($thread, $forum, $maxPostDate, $visitor['user_id']);
To:
$threadModel->markThreadRead($thread, $forum, $maxPostDate);

You may also need update plugin file 'mobiquo/include/new_topic.php' at line 64:
$threadModel->markThreadRead($thread, $forum, XenForo_Application::$time, $visitor['user_id']);
To:
$threadModel->markThreadRead($thread, $forum, XenForo_Application::$time);

Compatibility fix will be included in next xenforo plugin release with other issue if it have for 1.1.

I'll say it again. Even though XenForo is still technically in beta, it's still far more stable than any "gold release" software I've run. I have no qualms running XF beta live but never updated other platforms until at least a month had passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom