• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Tapatalk - XenForo support (iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, webOS, Nokia app)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I deleted it but realize the browser has an error 404 file not found tapatalkdetect.js.
This means some other files/methods are calling that file.

So you can't just delete or rename them. That's why I asked for a way to disable it.
They must of changed this... Worked for me when I did it. This was a few months ago though

Looks like a great add on but I dont know how many users are going to buy tapatalk from itunes :/

I guess at the end it's the user choice - if some of them already bought it for other forums then naturally they also want to access your forum using the same app.

Looks like a great add on but I dont know how many users are going to buy tapatalk from itunes :/
I guess at the end it's the user choice - if some of them already bought it for other forums then naturally they also want to access your forum using the same app.

I have found the experience to make mobile viewing of a forum quite easy and quite fast. It isn't that an android or iPhone cannot handle Xenforo, but that no matter what you have to pinch to zoom, scroll down, see the list, see whats last updated, and have an overflowing of knowledge coming at you to try and view it all on your phone. Tapatalk strips a lot of that away so you just get the posts. It is free for the forum owner to install and the users don't even have to use it.

There have been some people staunchly against it and I have never understood why. If you forced phones to go to tapatalk I would get it, but having a choice and even a free option makes it so everyone wins in the end.

Is there a way to turn on Tapatalk for selected subscribers only?

My two boards will soon have a "premium" section. I'd like to make Tapatalk available only to premium subscribers. I set it up yesterday and it looks like, as it is now set up (available to all), I'll be losing a fair amount for ad revenue (the app doesn't show my ads).

I think I have tracked down the odd behavior. If you are signed in (and it may only be signed in as admin) and set to go read the first unread post of a thread (possibly only one you have commented in) and it is a multi page thread when you open the thread it takes you to the first unread post but ALWAYS lists the page you are on as 1 no matter what page it is. If you page next it always takes you to actual page 2, so if its a multi page thread you will go back to the beginning on actual page 2.

Does this make sense?

For what it's worth, I've had nothing but problems with Tapatalk. Worked OK at first, but still had bugs. Then they came out with an update, which caused more bugs. Then I was told by Tapatalk to install another update, which left me totally hosed. Now, it just simply does not work. I am now uninstalling it from my forums.

It's actually always been causing issues with the search. But then I didn't care as the search was just okay. Now the search is HOLY MOLY so I'm more concerned. It's not a new issue with TapaTalk.

Update: Even though I disabled the addon on my site, people are still reaching it using TapaTalk. So it's a win/win. Disabled it allows the search to work fine...and people are still able to use it. :)

I use Tapatalk and ForumRunner on my site and many other members use it. But IMO, Tapatalk has always been a bit flaky with Xenforo. I'm hoping as Xenforo grows, the folks over at Tapatalk will pay a little more attention to making things work and error handling.

Installed this today on a new xF 1.1 B2 site, doesn't seem to work. As in, can't get their website to verify my installation. Fair enough that I'm messinga round ona beta, just wanted to mention it incase anyone else is having some trouble too.

Installed this today on a new xF 1.1 B2 site, doesn't seem to work. As in, can't get their website to verify my installation. Fair enough that I'm messinga round ona beta, just wanted to mention it incase anyone else is having some trouble too.
really?
it's running fine for me on 1.1.0 and did on the beta's too
I didn't change anything

same here..client app just locks up when trying to view a thread. The reply feature hasn't worked for awhile. "Invalid parameters passed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom