• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[SurreyForum] XenKingDir: Link / Business Directory (Directory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could achieve this by switching Home to /directory/
(and optional hiding it from the Nav bar)

I'll look at this tonight and find out how easy it would be to add this as an option.

Edit: didnt get the chance

One issue I have found Tenants is the sorting of sub categories...the main category list shows the sub categories sorted alphabetically, in a single category they are sorted by their sort order and when editing an entry to move it to another sub category, they are displayed alphabetically again.

Brilliant mod!

Cheers for letting me know ibaker, these look like 2 must fix issues.

I'll make it optional to sort the catagories alphabetically (and apply this in both sub and main pages).
For the other issue, there is possibly a hook in the template I need to remove/rename, I will look into fixing these 2 by the end of this weekend

Cheers for letting me know ibaker, these look like 2 must fix issues.

I'll make it optional to sort the catagories alphabetically.
For the other issue, there is possible a hook in the template I need to remove/rename, I will look into fixing these 2 by the end of this weekend
You're brilliant mate...well done

I like the layout in post #133

Also, is there any easy way to make each sub category a line break on the directory home page (vertical list) rather then one after the other?

Also, is there any easy way to make each sub category a line break on the directory home page (vertical list) rather then one after the other?

update the template: sfdirectory.css

find the class: .dirContainerList li
and remove this line:

Float: left;

It was forced to not be a single category per line (since by default there are many categories), by removing this float, you're allowing each list item (category) to be on a line of its own

Tenants - Can you add an e-mail link under Telephone please - This is important as I have disabled the "Contact This Business" because, any listings I submit or any user who isn't associated with the business, I and they don't want to receive Inbox emails regarding that business....... All contact should be direct to the business.

So a E-mail field is a must please.

Also the Contact this Business should be directed to the E-mail address used in the E-mail field once you add it, not to the registered account email address.

If you could apply these very soon would be great as I want to start using the directory and promote it.

Maybe give me the codes where to add and what to change it too for now - then you can add the options in the next update.

I've also increased the length allowed for url entries from 200 to 300 - IF and When I upgrade the directory with a new version - will my modifications be overwritten or kept?

Some URLs are longer than 200 characters so I had to increase it, maybe you should increase it by default as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 13.37.19.webp
    Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 13.37.19.webp
    1.4 KB · Views: 83
Tenants - Can you add an e-mail link under Telephone please - This is important as I have disabled the "Contact This Business" because, any listings I submit or any user who isn't associated with the business, I and they don't want to receive Inbox emails regarding that business....... All contact should be direct to the business.

You can update the custom fields to add an email link (or anything you want)

Go to the admin control panel, update the 2nd custom field and turn it on. I wont add email links as an option, I'm against exposing peoples emails on a public forum (due to the vast amounts of spiders that trawl through forums and subsequently spam the emails they find)

But you already have the ability to do this on your forum directory if you require.

You can update the custom fields to add an email link (or anything you want)

Go to the admin control panel, update the 2nd custom field and turn it on. I wont add email links as an option, I'm against exposing peoples emails on a public forum (due to the vast amounts of spiders that trawl through forums and subsequently spam the emails they find)

But you already have the ability to do this on your forum directory if you require.
But if would be good if at least 1 custom field be under Telephone...

Can you tell me how to change the colour please.

Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 15.34.50.webp
The E-Mail title doesn't show up when a listing is created. And there should be a space in-between Screen Shot 2011-11-22 at 15.37.01.webp
the "dddd" is a test email field, it should have the title E-mail as well, as I have Titled it Custom Field Name A2

----------------------------------

Under WHAT'S NEW/LATEST CONTENT - The directory listings appear as normal threads, with no google maps, address, links etc etc...

Change "Custom Category Field Title A" to: Email address .......(This is the Title on the review page)
Change "Custom Field Name A1" to: Email address .......(This is the name on the addlisting/update page)

There are mutplie fields per category, since it might be usefull to have several lines (for instance Address:

Custom Category Field Title A: Address
Custom Field Name A1: City
Custom Field Name A2: Town
Custom Field Name A3: Street
Custom Field Name A4: Postcode
etc...

But only the Custom Category Field Title A will show up on the review page as a Title (the extra fields are only there if you need to add extra fields)

^^^^^^ Thanks, that worked for me.

screen-shot-2011-11-22-at-13-37-19-png.21622

I need to change the colour of the blue.. :confused:

Can you tell me how to change the colour please.

update the template: sfdirectory.css
and find the class .dirContainer h3

Change: background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #F0F7FC;

To: background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gradients/category-23px-light.png") repeat-x scroll center top #FFFFFF;
(or to what ever colour you need)

^^^^ Thanks!

What is the resolution for the logo area?

Can you set the logo area so it auto resizes the logos to fit properly cos right now all logos are stretched. An auto resize and fit would be great - thanks... Possible?

^^^^ Thanks!
What is the resolution for the logo area?
Can you set the logo area so it auto resizes the logos to fit properly cos right now all logos are stretched. An auto resize and fit would be great - thanks... Possible?

Sure, you can edit the template sfdirectory_map_view, see this post:

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...-directory-directory.20706/page-8#post-289923

(and the posts before), it's currently stretched to fill the same size box as the youtube videos

Oh, it also clashes with the old Post-It Notes (Bookmarks) mod and Ragtek's Invite Friends mod:
View attachment 21619

The sorting issue is fixed (with options to now sort by:
alphabetically
node order)

The Post-It Notes (Bookmarks) mod and Ragtek's Invite issues should also be fixed.... I can't test this (since one of them has been removed and the other is a paid plugin), but I did see a hooks issue with the directory template that I've now fixed which should solve this.

Fixes will be in XenKingDir_v1.0.15.zip

I'm currently working on an option to "claim this link", so as soon as that is finished (this weekend>) I will add the next version with these fixes in.

Reactions: eod
2. Where do we setup that a business is listed in more than one category. Lets say a Restaurant is also a Bar and has a Hotel too. How can I assign it to various categories? Could not find it in the options.

This isn't currently possible, but I can see that people would want this.

At the moment, you would need to create a listing for one category and then create a listing for another.
This will also generally be true for most other business directories, but this doesn't need to be like 'most other business directories'

How exactly do you think multiple categories should be added to a directory listing?

If you add a new listing, currently there is a dropdown combo box to select a category (so this restricts it to one listing only)
It would be nice to do this on first creating the listing, but I think there are already too many options exposed when 1st creating, so this might not be the preferred choice.

I could create a link on the review page to "add this listing to more categories" which would open up a "tick box" page for optional categories
<<But this could be subject to easy abuse (users adding their listing to every category), so a reasonable category limit could be added (settable from the ACP)

This is kinda of embarrassing to ask, but how do I install this?

Nothing to feel embarrassed about. Happened to me at first exactly the same, when I started with XenForo.
This addon forum section is confusing at first, but you will get used to it.

At most addon threads - and those are usually extremely long, you find at the very first post, of the thread the addon file (always the most current version) and Installation instructions.

So for xenkingdir, you find all that on the first post of this thread here:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/surreyforum-xenkingdir-link-business-directory-directory.20706/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom