Soft Responsive [Deleted]

Ok, I see that bug. For some reason part of HTML code is missing, which prevents script from copying navigation.

I'll test it.

Ok, I see that bug. For some reason part of HTML code is missing, which prevents script from copying navigation.

I'll test it.
I can save you some time, I was doing some testing and it seems to be Jakes fantastic 'Nodes as tabs' add-on is causing the issues

Disabling the add-on while I was on a page, I refreshed the page and the bug dissapears, I enabled the add-on, refreshed the page and the bug was back, I did this a few times so I think this is the issue

That add-on is fine, bug is in style. I've made a mistake of assuming that current tab will have menu.

Open style.js, find
Code:
			var tabs = $('#navigation .mobileExtraTabs');
			if (!tabs.length)
			{
				return;
			}
			tabs.before('<div class="mobileMainTabs" style="display: none;"><ul></ul></div>');
and replace with
Code:
			var tabs = $('#navigation .mobileExtraTabs');
			if (!tabs.length)
			{
				tabs = $('#navigation .navTabs > ul:last-child');
				if (!tabs.length)
				{
					return;
				}
				tabs.after('<div class="mobileMainTabs" style="display: none;"><ul></ul></div>');
				tabs = $('#navigation .mobileMainTabs');
			}
			else
			{
				tabs.before('<div class="mobileMainTabs" style="display: none;"><ul></ul></div>');
			}

That's why there is an option to set custom logo for responsive design. :) Look in style properties -> header and navigation: mobile -> header logo image path.

Arty, quick question. I've moved the visitorTabs up to the moderator bar... not the issue. The issue is getting your nice inbox and alerts notice to fire on the mobile nav menu.

I set a simple media query that at 701px the visitor tabs show in the moderator bar, and within your existing mobile media query, under 700px it is hidden and uses the existing navigation visitorTabs, so it shows within the mobile navigation.

How are those mobile alert notification firing when in the mobile template? Specifically, what code in the navigation template, so I know what I need to focus on not screwing with, or shifting out to another area of the code.

Why the shift of the visitorTabs you may wonder? Well... with a full navigation and fixed width, your design pushes the visitor tabs underneath the menu, and if using the second level of the nav, under that as well, thus rendering them useless on navigations with a lot of options.

The visitorTabs are falling into the top of the menu... is that the issue?

Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 2.26.00 PM.webp

Yes, visitors tabs location is the issue. Script checks only contents of .navTabs for menu items. I suggest keeping old menu as well, but adding style="display:none;" to it

Thanks. Yer, I did that. I added a media query to cater, trying visibility and display, though neither allowed it to show.

Knowing that, I might try an additional template, removing .navTabs from the moderator bar inclusion, then delivering the normal visitor_tabs one to the navigation template. I think it's putting them at the top of that menu, even though the normal one is available, is because you're using a script and its just pulling the first batch it reaches, being the moderator bar.

I will play around with it now knowing that. Thanks.

Worked like a treat doing it that way Arty... thanks. A simple duplication of the template and changing out .visitorTabs to .modTabs for the mod bar and leaving the other in place, hidden away. Allowed them both to function correctly above and below 700px.

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 12.31.53 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 12.32.07 PM.webp

A little additional styling, and it will be complete.

I must say Arty... a little playing around with your latest and greatest, and this really is an exceptional buy for anyone... especially those looking for something already configured for full responsiveness. Far superior than the add-on. Keep up the great work.

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 6.56.17 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 6.56.55 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2012-11-08 at 6.57.17 PM.webp

Got it hitting all the right trigger points respectively, dropping search and so forth at the right times for the style changes.

Add this to extra.css template:
Code:
.widget-tabs h3
{
    margin: 0 !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
    font: inherit !important;
    color: inherit !important;
    line-height: 25px;
}

.widget-tabs h3:after { display: none !important; }

You also need to enable modules for xenPorta and xenAtendo. See "Add-on Modules" and "xenPorta Layout" property groups in style properties.

Add this to extra.css template:
Code:
.widget-tabs h3
{
    margin: 0 !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
    font: inherit !important;
    color: inherit !important;
    line-height: 25px;
}

.widget-tabs h3:after { display: none !important; }

Perfect! Thank you

Arty, one thing you missed in this is the WYSIWYG editor. It is using a fixed width at present, thus when a person decreases their browser size on a desktop below the width of the editor, they get a scroll bar.

Width of editor is determined by JavaScript on page load. So if you load it on small screen, it will be small.

On mobile devices it behaves differently than on desktop, editor is hidden by default.

A change you may want to make Arty... fixed the issue.

In editor_ui.css change:

.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout {border:0; border-left:1px solid #CCC; border-right:1px solid #CCC}

To

.xenForoSkin table.mceLayout {border:0; border-left:1px solid #CCC; border-right:1px solid #CCC; width: 100% !important;}

That fixes the issue and forces the WYSIWYG to size with the window, and not have to reload the page.

Top Bottom