Soft Responsive [Deleted]

Hi Arty,

Still looks the same

I downloaded 2.01 and updated the soft responsive main skin, I still have a structure of:

Soft Responsive
-Branding Free
--XenPorta
---Mobile responsive - I use da themes advanced styling rules to point mobile users to this style, it is not selectable.

Do I need to update any of the others or possible delete xenporta?

Thanks

Remove xenPorta style, its not needed.

You need to enable modules for xenPorta and xenAtendo. They aren't loaded by default to reduce css file size. In your last style in style properties look at the end of properties groups list, you should see groups "Add-on modules" and "xenPorta Layout". Click those groups, you'll see options to enable and configure those modules.

Remove xenPorta style, its not needed.

You need to enable modules for xenPorta and xenAtendo. They aren't loaded by default to reduce css file size. In your last style in style properties look at the end of properties groups list, you should see groups "Add-on modules" and "xenPorta Layout". Click those groups, you'll see options to enable and configure those modules.
Ah sorry I should of known that.

Thanks Arty, works perfectly.

Arty updated Soft Responsive with a new update entry:

Version 2.0.2

Version 2.0.2 is available. I didn't post announcement for 2.0.1 earlier because there were no major changes.

Changes since version 2.0.1:
  • Alerts are now shown on mobile devices below navigation. (see screenshot below)
  • Some users found navigation to be annoying. That is when you move mouse over tab with popup, popup automatically opens. New version has style property to disable it, making popup windows appear only when user moves mouse over arrow.
  • New style property to display...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No, there are only few predefined color schemes. But you can try changing colors here or here. Move sliders around, see what happens.

Impressive ... this great style keeps getting better and better.

I feel pressured to get this great style.
All other styles are, by definition, non-responsive.
and that sounds baaadddd ! :)

Great work Arty.

Don't worry about other styles, I've almost finished responsive design add-on that will (some might require tweaks) make any style responsive. It will later also have developers edition, allowing style authors to add responsive design to their styles intended for distribution.

New alerts notice looks fantastic. Not sure if you know, but the notice appears to work everywhere except on XF pages.

On another note, how do the drop down menus work on a mobile device? sometimes I get them sometimes I dont and I cant find the property to play around with it? thanks

Don't worry about other styles, I've almost finished responsive design add-on that will (some might require tweaks) make any style responsive. It will later also have developers edition, allowing style authors to add responsive design to their styles intended for distribution.
Look forward to this responsive addon.

Keep us updated about the add-on I will be one of the first to buy the add-on.
I will love to see the default xenforo style goes responsive :)

Hi Arty,

I have 1 bug and 1 issue I hope you can help with.

1st is the bug, when twitter, facebook and Google+ share buttons are enabled, XenPorta cant take all 3 sharing buttons as below;

gplus.webp

Secondly, I use your theme for mobile only, I know you mentioned in the latest update there may be a way to disable this but I cannot find it, please provide some guidance as its very annoying to use it this way, thanks.

navbar.webp

I've almost finished responsive design add-on that will (some might require tweaks) make any style responsive.
This will be interesting. Looking forward to your concept of this, as currently I'm changing the default theme over and it is as much a headache as basically creating an entire new style from the ground up, as you've done with this theme.

I think XF are going to have to rebuild their theme from the ground up, IMHO, for this to be functional across any styling. As you no doubt know, there are a lot of issues with scaling, fixed width CSS table data, etc etc etc, getting it all right.

Be very interesting to see this add-on. Knowing what I know about responsive design already, I can see this could be a massive headache across default Xenforo, let alone other styles. Huge kudos if you pull that one off well, Arty. Brave person indeed.

Thanks. It will probably be ready tomorrow.

1st is the bug, when twitter, facebook and Google+ share buttons are enabled, XenPorta cant take all 3 sharing buttons as below;
Thanks for finding that bug. It will be fixed in next update.

Append this code at the end of responsive_xenporta.css
Code:
/* 700px and lower - hide social links in news */
@media only screen and (max-width: 700px), only screen and (max-device-width: 700px)
{
    .sectionMain.recentNews .sectionFooter .sharePage
    {
        display: none;
    }
}
Secondly, I use your theme for mobile only, I know you mentioned in the latest update there may be a way to disable this but I cannot find it, please provide some guidance as its very annoying to use it this way, thanks.
It is disabled in latest version. Make sure you are using latest style.js

Thanks. It will probably be ready tomorrow.

Thanks for finding that bug. It will be fixed in next update.

Append this code at the end of responsive_xenporta.css
Code:
/* 700px and lower - hide social links in news */
@media only screen and (max-width: 700px), only screen and (max-device-width: 700px)
{
    .sectionMain.recentNews .sectionFooter .sharePage
    {
        display: none;
    }
}

It is disabled in latest version. Make sure you are using latest style.js
Thanks Arty.

I did update to the latest(2.02). The style.js is 9721 bytes, I re-downloaded 2.02 and replaced style.js, it was the exact same filesize(I assume it should be different if you changed it from 2.01?)

I just did some further testing and realised it only happens on pages. For example, if you go to mmazone.com.au on a mobile device and then click 'Forums, events, videos' the nav works fine, as soon as I change to a page like 'Promoters, TUF smashes, UFC TV Guide' and then try to navigate to any other section from the navbar, the dropdown nav/menu appears again - bug?

Top Bottom