Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

Hi Dark,

Do you happen to know why I can no longer see who rates what posts? Nothing is linked anymore? Is there a setting to re-enabled this feature?

How can I allow my members to choose more than 1 rating, such as if a member wants to rate a post Funny & like?

It is very possible. You could title it creatively and complement it by creating the image to convey the meaning of funny & like, loathe and dislike using one icon. Sure i know it won't display 2 separate ratings but it is doable and you just have to approach the way you implement ratings differently.

For an example one of the ratings i designed likeably-fuuny.webp highlighted. I could design a smiley with a smiling face and use that for "like" and use the smiley in the screenshot as a "likeable funny" rating. it's all about approaching how you implement your ratings, titling them and conveying the title to complement that design.

Just some food for thought that it can be done. ;)

Shelley, I don't suppose you have a suitable "thanks" rating icon that you'd want to share? Or even suggestions as to how you convey "thanks" in pixel form :p

I was just wondering, is it possible to only allow ratings for first post? Meaning only threads can be rated? I gather that you can already limit the ratings to specific forums, which is nice, but I also need to limit it to first post for what I have in mind...

I was just wondering, is it possible to only allow ratings for first post? Meaning only threads can be rated? I gather that you can already limit the ratings to specific forums, which is nice, but I also need to limit it to first post for what I have in mind...

Yes when you are editing a rating type, see the option 'First post only'

Ahh, I looked through the screenshots and didn't catch that. Also, it is possible to hide ratings in postbit if no ratings are received?

Ahh, I looked through the screenshots and didn't catch that. Also, it is possible to hide ratings in postbit if no ratings are received?

This isn't done by default, but it should be pretty easily possible with a template edit

Assuming you mean in the user info bit at the left

Yup, that is the one. I am kinda busy today, but I will take a look at it when I get some time. Probably will end up buying it, just need to consider how I will use it :)

Alright, so I did buy it now, and I got it almost to where I want it, I just want to add the user info bit. What template controls that?

Also, got a hint as to what template variable to use to hide it if no ratings are received for that user?

Alright, so I did buy it now, and I got it almost to where I want it, I just want to add the user info bit. What template controls that?

Also, got a hint as to what template variable to use to hide it if no ratings are received for that user?

The user info stuff is controlled by style properties in the 'message elements' category

As for the template edit, see dark_postrating_member_info (or dark_postrating_member_info_bar if you're using the bar), and wrap it with:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$postrating_ratings_total.positive} > 0 || {$postrating_ratings_total.negative} > 0 || {$postrating_ratings_total.neutral} > 0">
</xen:if>

Awesome, seems to be working like I intended. Might need a few more adjustments, but I think I managed to get it working.... Thank you very much, have to get a few moments to write a review as well :)

BTW, my intention was to not use this as a way to rate posts / threads, but rather the subject of the thread, so to speak. Seems to do the trick, at least for me.

Any chance i could pay using moneybookers or some other payment method than paypal?

Paypal is not listed where i live :(

We're trying to come up with rating icons for: "doh", 'wtf" and "spam" but it's much harder getting nice looking icons than I thought. Anyone able to help?

In the future would it be possible to add a user criteria that've been either been registered X days or have made X posts before being able to use the post ratings?

Top Bottom