XF 1.0 Pages

Pages allow you to manage simple content in the node tree. Find out more here:

http://xenforo.com/community/pages/example-page/

The node list display could do with some improvements. We have some ideas about that.

The exact look of the auto-generated navigation is a work-in-progress as well. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot.webp
    Screenshot.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 109
ok ok I see what you're saying now. I'm going to be adding pages to my forum that won't be shown on the forum tree, but will have a link in the navbar and must be clicked on to access.

I have to agree with you on this. That link should highlight. The reason it does not at present is because the pages are part of the forum structure, just another node type. That's why Forum stays highlighted.

Pages should have a choice of being a part of the Forum Structure ... or INDEPENDENT of the forum structure.
So far people want alot of documents INDEPENDENT of the forum structure and much fewer people want Pages as a part of the forum stucture.

Pages should have a choice of being a part of the Forum Structure ... or INDEPENDENT of the forum structure.
So far people want alot of documents INDEPENDENT of the forum structure and much fewer people want Pages as a part of the forum stucture.

Then use XF Pages to be in forum structure and Wordpress Pages for independents.

I have made a page, and I think they could be put to use in so many ways!! But I am wondering, could I create a template, and then just show that template on that page?

Like I have a downloads page, so I make a template called 'pages_downloads' and then put the content in there, and then just put that into the html box on the page form.

I hope I have made myself clear, and hope to get a reply shortly =D!!

Yes a Page is a node and it is possible to set permissions for it but from what I can tell it is limited to viewing permissions only.

This is simply because a page can't be posted in or replied to in the same way a forum or thread can.

Top Bottom