To get the best from @Sheldon you really need to give him carte blanche to just get on with it. As he said, he doesn't conform to inside-the-box thinking and sometimes he'll come up with something really unusual that does make you wonder if it'll work. If you leave him alone to tweak, I've yet to see those unusual things go wrong.

Simply put, I can't sing his praises loud enough for the things he's done to my styles :)

Perfectly put! I gave Sheldon a bare install with only the add-ons I wanted to use and the skin and just gave him 100% freedom to do as he likes :)

I absolutely love this concept. What does it look like if there are new messages?

Nothing changes....

Still thinking of something to do to make it shown. I dropped the Node Icons because they are useless with this look. Not exactly sure just yet. lol

I think the non-dimmed content would be enough, but that's just me. But then again, that may go and be confused with your zoom being non-dimmed... And alas, we have come to the reason why I'm a programmer and not a designer. :ROFLMAO:

To get the best from @Sheldon you really need to give him carte blanche to just get on with it. As he said, he doesn't conform to inside-the-box thinking and sometimes he'll come up with something really unusual that does make you wonder if it'll work. If you leave him alone to tweak, I've yet to see those unusual things go wrong.

Simply put, I can't sing his praises loud enough for the things he's done to my styles :)

I have to agree with you absolutely 100% if you just let @Sheldon have free range and maybe give some comments here and there about what you like and don't like chances are you are going to love 100% of what he does. He can work wonders on pretty much any theme that is based off of the UI.X theme/framework by @Audentio but I have also see what he could do with the responsive themes from @Arty.

He took a very awesome Antiquark theme and made it 100% unique and at the end of the day is still cheaper than a custom theme. Don't get me wrong a custom theme is the way to go if you have the money but if you don't this is a very very close 2nd.

I wouldn't hesitate getting Sheldon to customize more themes for me in the future if my new project starts doing well.

I think the non-dimmed content would be enough, but that's just me. But then again, that may go and be confused with your zoom being non-dimmed... And alas, we have come to the reason why I'm a programmer and not a designer. :ROFLMAO:

@Jeremy for now, until I can think of a better look, I went with a simple corner overlay image... This is the view of being completely logged out.

newposts.gif

Still brainstorming...

Tweaked the "Member" page yet again...

Screenshot_4.webp

Screenshot_3.webp

Still displaying in 2's.... and still liked the original concept I had. I just didn't like how it stretched across.

So, I made it like the below, and moved the userblurb down to the bottom.

@Jeremy for now, until I can think of a better look, I went with a simple corner overlay image... This is the view of being completely logged out.

View attachment 61367

Still brainstorming...
OMG... I was gonna something like this too. I haven't dropped this idea yet for my new theme, but it depends how hard it would get. I have done something similar off-XF I am not sure how challenging it will be to make it work on XF.

Needs a bit of padding (margin? Seriously, this is why I'm a developer), but I like the effect. (y) Also really liking the background to the avatar. Is that carried throughout the entire style?

Needs a bit of padding (margin? Seriously, this is why I'm a developer), but I like the effect. (y) Also really liking the background to the avatar. Is that carried throughout the entire style?

Background for staff, not yet. Currently just showing in the postbit. That image looks crappy due to LICEcap compression, but the regular image looks much better.

As far as the trophy image, can't really do too much as far as padding on the sides(yet). I'm still playing around with it to make it look a bit better...

Screenshot_6.webp

Can get to there... without much compromise.

I didn't think it looked bad... :cautious: I'm not sure how you can get the transition better due to how ****ty JavaScript is. You could possibly fade the image in before doing the slide to the right transition.

I didn't think it looked bad... :cautious: I'm not sure how you can get the transition better due to how ****ty JavaScript is. You could possibly fade the image in before doing the slide to the right transition.

No, wasn't saying that... on the image above, you can see the blue looks strange. It looks terrible there, didn't want anyone getting the wrong impression. I have changed up a bit of the css and here is what I have now. A bit smaller area, but some padding on each side still...

postbitps433.gif

Ah. This is seriously why I'm a programmer. Totally didn't even notice that, but now I see what you're saying. lol.

A couple things for those reading that send me PM's...

--> If you have 0 posts, I certainly can't verify you own a license. Please include one if you wish for me to look at your site.
---> I have zero interest in creating a custom theme. As stated before, I will edit the theme you have (as long as it is not ones I refuse to work with)
----> Please be descriptive in telling me what you'd like to see. I cannot read your mind, and I don't want to spend time doing something you don't want.
-----> If you are going to ask what theme I would suggest, it will be any UI.X framework or related theme.

I do not ask for payment up front, nor do I have any type of "set pricing structure". I prefer to not ask for it that way so we are both covered. If I do something or show anything you do not like, you are not out anything. At times, there are creative differences that just won't match up, regardless of the amount of compromise. There are instances where what YOU would want is not something I am willing to attach my name to, and there are times where what I think looks best is not what you are wanting on your site and you'd refuse to have it on there.

In the end, this is the best way for me to carry on my customizations.

Anything you have seen in this thread I can tweak, implement, etc... The majority of things that I do now I only will display in a "full-screen" look, and when going responsive, I will let it go to the default look... only because with mobile generally its much easier and faster to navigate.

Anywho, if you are still interested, feel free to PM me (please at least attempt to follow the guidelines above).

A couple things for those reading that send me PM's...

--> If you have 0 posts, I certainly can't verify you own a license. Please include one if you wish for me to look at your site.
---> I have zero interest in creating a custom theme. As stated before, I will edit the theme you have (as long as it is not ones I refuse to work with)
----> Please be descriptive in telling me what you'd like to see. I cannot read your mind, and I don't want to spend time doing something you don't want.
-----> If you are going to ask what theme I would suggest, it will be any UI.X framework or related theme.

I do not ask for payment up front, nor do I have any type of "set pricing structure". I prefer to not ask for it that way so we are both covered. If I do something or show anything you do not like, you are not out anything. At times, there are creative differences that just won't match up, regardless of the amount of compromise. There are instances where what YOU would want is not something I am willing to attach my name to, and there are times where what I think looks best is not what you are wanting on your site and you'd refuse to have it on there.

In the end, this is the best way for me to carry on my customizations.

Anything you have seen in this thread I can tweak, implement, etc... The majority of things that I do now I only will display in a "full-screen" look, and when going responsive, I will let it go to the default look... only because with mobile generally its much easier and faster to navigate.

Anywho, if you are still interested, feel free to PM me (please at least attempt to follow the guidelines above).
Hey @Sheldon - I pm'd you with no response a few days ago. Are you still tweaking styles? let me know - Thanks!

Hey @Sheldon - I pm'd you with no response a few days ago. Are you still tweaking styles? let me know - Thanks!

Apologies, I had more PM's than I ever figured I would get. I will get to it and reply, I have a small backlog lining up right now....

To answer your question though, yes, I am still doing custom work.

Top Bottom