• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiya!
wavesmile.gif

Not sure if this was expected behaviour with regards to the blog reports. I reported one of my comments but when I go to the report area and click the "Go to Content" it directs me to the http://www.yourdomain.com/blogs. Shouldn't we get directed to the actual entry or at the very least to that comment.

I thought I'd post this on the offchance this was not the desired behaviour that was intended or a bug as the reported comment would be difficult to find, next to impossible once there's a vast amount of entries.

I was just logged into my system as registered member... I reported a blog post and immediately logged off. There was no notification whatsoever for registered user.

I logged back in as administrator, and there is a reported item located in the admin area, top of my screen ( Flexile Dark style )
my reason for reporting was displayed with option to be taken directly to blog post. comment area was available where conversation can be carried back and forth with reporting member.

there is also an option in right siderbar to claim and handle the report.

there is no immediate update to reporting member when admin comments upon reporting remarks...

admin handling report (resolved) does not notify reporting member, appears all commenting is for documentation purposes.

there is no immediate update to reporting member when admin comments upon reporting remarks...
That goes for all reports, not just for blog entries.
The person making the report has no access to it or any comments made.

One thing I noticed there's .svn folders everywhere inside the package, what does they do?
Nothing - And also alot of .DS_Store files .. I think he is a Mac user.. Please Onimua - could you make a clean packages..
Oops, I apologize for this. I wasn't aware it was in there. Stupid me (didn't see it because .named files are hidden on Macs... blah). I'll make a "clean" version momentarily.

I did the vB 4 import to XF. Consequently I have a sub board called blogs with the history of the blogs from before. They are in there as threads. Can I move threads from the board to the blogs? If so, I'm loading this bad boy today.
There's no thread->blogs feature yet. Code isn't ready for it but I suspect around RC you should see that.

I want to do something with blog index page... not really sure what to do... current blog listing might show blogs from the same user. How about a listing of members with blogs that could be expanded and collapsed. I just dont know.. what do you think?

Not sure if this was expected behaviour with regards to the blog reports. I reported one of my comments but when I go to the report area and click the "Go to Content" it directs me to the http://www.yourdomain.com/blogs. Shouldn't we get directed to the actual entry or at the very least to that comment.

I thought I'd post this on the offchance this was not the desired behaviour that was intended or a bug as the reported comment would be difficult to find, next to impossible once there's a vast amount of entries.

That is definitely not intended behavior. Comments only? I'll look into it.

I want to do something with blog index page... not really sure what to do... current blog listing might show blogs from the same user. How about a listing of members with blogs that could be expanded and collapsed. I just dont know.. what do you think?

Well if you're not sure what you want to do I can't really help. ;) A listing of blog members is something I didn't think of (but obvious now that I realize it :confused:). Noted down.

The download is now cleaned up I think. If anyone on can confirm this I'll be happy. :p You can delete and replace both js/lnblog and library/LNBlog directories and see no effects other than a cleaned up server and only files needed.

I just tried reporting an entry and this seems to direct you to the blog entry so that seems to be all good. As far as I know it's only comments that are affected. :)

A listing of blog members is something I didn't think of (but obvious now that I realize it :confused:). Noted down.
That would be useful in my opinion.
As I posted earlier, trying to get to a member's blog page from the main blog page is a bit convoluted right now.

Other than that, this is an excellent piece of work.
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it part of the core it is so well integrated.

Well if you're not sure what you want to do I can't really help. ;) A listing of blog members is something I didn't think of (but obvious now that I realize it :confused:). Noted down.

The download is now cleaned up I think. If anyone on can confirm this I'll be happy. :p You can delete and replace both js/lnblog and library/LNBlog directories and see no effects other than a cleaned up server and only files needed.

I would like expandable/collapsable listing of blogs by member... expanding the list shows all the blogs for that member if there is more than one.

I just tried reporting an entry and this seems to direct you to the blog entry so that seems to be all good. As far as I know it's only comments that are affected. :)

Alright, thanks. I'll take a peak in a bit.

That would be useful in my opinion.
As I posted earlier, trying to get to a member's blog page from the main blog page is a bit convoluted right now.

Other than that, this is an excellent piece of work.
If I didn't know any better, I would have thought it part of the core it is so well integrated.

Well integration is the key to successful add-ons. ;)

It's likely beta 3 will have that list.

as for comments, when you click on reported blog entry comment, you are taken directly to the comment... clicking on go to content should take you back to the blog rather than the blog index. I agree, problem reproduced on my system as well.

I'm sure this would have been suggested but on the offchance it hasn't. A social share block added so we can tweet our blog entries. :) (screenshot below explains it better than my bad english)

Attachments

• blog_tweet.webp
    blog_tweet.webp
    73.9 KB · Views: 5
I'm sure this would have been suggested but on the offchance it hasn't. A social share block added so we can tweet our blog entries. :) (screenshot below explains it better than my bad english)
I meant to slip that into beta 2 but wanted to get the other stuff out of the way first. Beta 3 material right there. :p

I meant to slip that into beta 2 but wanted to get the other stuff out of the way first. Beta 3 material right there. :p

Excellent. There's no rush you've done such a wonderful job with this I'm more than happy with beta2 far surpassed my expectations. Outstanding job on the blog :supersized_gigantic_thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom