Implemented  hover over topic title shows part of the first post

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
BTW, I've already lengthened it - when this was rolled out it was set to 300ms, now it's 500ms...

BTW, this doesn't work in the Watched Threads view.
That's actually intentional - if you're watching a thread, you must have already seen the first post, so the preview would be redundant.

That said, if a lot of people consider that it should be there, the framework supports adding it relatively trivially.

Thanks Kier & Mike for increasing the wait time.
Much better now.
tup.gif

That's actually intentional - if you're watching a thread, you must have already seen the first post, so the preview would be redundant.

That said, if a lot of people consider that it should be there, the framework supports adding it relatively trivially.
I could argue/want it either way. Any chance on adding a comment in the code how to change that?

The 800ms time seems perfect!

Actually, I also made changes to prevent it from popping up when you click on a link as well, so you may be seeing that as well as the extra 300ms. I don't think I'd be adverse to trying a 1 second delay (1000ms), though I have a feeling that's going to feel to slow.

Did you fix the IE issue, or did slowing it down help IE to keep up? It works the same now in IE as the other browsers. :)
I fixed the IE bugs, mostly by just removing the animation.

it is a great feature, Mike.

Not sure why there is a need of making it loading so slow ?

Users will think: why the heck is this website so slow ???

Ooops!
Just tested with IE8.
There is a thick black border, white background and black text. Like as a Funeral card. :D
FF is perfect.

Actually, I also made changes to prevent it from popping up when you click on a link as well, so you may be seeing that as well as the extra 300ms. I don't think I'd be adverse to trying a 1 second delay (1000ms), though I have a feeling that's going to feel to slow.
Thanks for the 'no popup when link is clicked' :)

I believe 1 second would even be better (it will probably be that on our site) but people will complain how slow it is. It (obviously) depends on how one intends to use the preview. Some people want to quickly scan each preview vs wanting them to show up only when a little more information is desired and not wanting the preview to be annoying.

Top Bottom