Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Just figured this out.

You've edited the template probably on an older version.

Therefore, the template will be outdated.

Please revert the changes to the friend_inviter_index template and it will be back to normal.

Yes, had a previous version.
No, no template modifications were made that I were aware of
Yes, the revert worked.

When using Google, after clicking the Google icon from the index there is about a 3 sec load time and then the below arrives ...

Server Error

Illegal string offset 'existing'
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 248
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionGoogle() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/netrider/index.php at line 13

When using Google, after clicking the Google icon from the index there is about a 3 sec load time and then the below arrives ...

Server Error

Illegal string offset 'existing'
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 248
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionGoogle() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/netrider/index.php at line 13
Meh, this is a php 5.4 issue.

I will resolve tomorrow.

Hi Sir,

This is an error that I'm getting on clicking yahoo icon:

FixMyStuff.In :: Let's fix and help fix...
Server Error

Undefined variable: yahooLogin
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 349
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/index.php at line 13

Please help, thanks,

Hi Sir,

This is an error that I'm getting on clicking yahoo icon:

FixMyStuff.In :: Let's fix and help fix...
Server Error

Undefined variable: yahooLogin

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 349
  2. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/93/9706293/html/FMS_Forum/index.php at line 13

Please help, thanks,
Someone else had this yesterday. I actually made a mistake in the code. You should get a friendly error saying "There has been a problem communicating with Yahoo".

The error you're getting is most likely because you've set up your Yahoo API project incorrectly. Someone contacted me by e-mail with the same issue yesterday.

Their problem was that they hadn't quite followed the instructions properly.

In your project settings (where it gives you the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret) you need to scroll down the page and look for "Contacts". After clicking "Contacts" you need to set the Access Level to "Read".

Without this, Yahoo refuses the request tokens required to login (as it doesn't know what you're requesting access to).

Someone else had this yesterday. I actually made a mistake in the code. You should get a friendly error saying "There has been a problem communicating with Yahoo".

The error you're getting is most likely because you've set up your Yahoo API project incorrectly. Someone contacted me by e-mail with the same issue yesterday.

Their problem was that they hadn't quite followed the instructions properly.

In your project settings (where it gives you the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret) you need to scroll down the page and look for "Contacts". After clicking "Contacts" you need to set the Access Level to "Read".

Without this, Yahoo refuses the request tokens required to login (as it doesn't know what you're requesting access to).

It worked now, sorry did not read the instructions before use. Thanks,

Hi, I just bought this add-on. It is just what I was looking for. But, when I go to the friend-inviter page, I only see email. It is the first time I install this add-on. Do I need to enable something in the ACP?

Thanks

Hi, I just bought this add-on. It is just what I was looking for. But, when I go to the friend-inviter page, I only see email. It is the first time I install this add-on. Do I need to enable something in the ACP?

Thanks
Yes, there are detailed instructions in the Admin CP. Just go to Admin CP > Options > Friend Inviter

Silly, silly question here. Does this addon now take over the social authentication with XenForo? So should I disable any other authentication addon I may be using?

Silly, silly question here. Does this addon now take over the social authentication with XenForo? So should I disable any other authentication addon I may be using?

Naw, it just "builds on" Xenforo's social integration, by extending that integration to invites. You should leave Xenforo's social integration as you have it now.

Working nicely, but for Facebook I have problem, no check-box to select the users to invite, and a link to to facebook profiles is above invite.

dfd.webp

Attachments

• ddd.webp
    ddd.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 2
First, there aren't check boxes anymore. You have to do them one by one, hence, the button instead of the checkmark. The old way, with checkmarks and mass posting, was against the Facebook TOU. That's the main reason for this change, to conform to Facebook's rules.

Your second issue seems like a styling issue... almost like the columns are too narrow. Mine looks normal. Have you tried viewing the Invite page on a non-customized style? Maybe you have a customized template? Also, what browser are you using?

Maybe you have a customized template? Also, what browser are you using?
Thanks. I have inserted a couple of <br> in the template, and not it looks OK, also here. Thanks.

Another problem, when I click on Facebook invite, I get the following Facebook error:
API Error Code: 100
API Error Description: Invalid parameter
Error Message: 'link' is invalid.

After confirming this, it says "Invite has been sent"

Dodgeboard is doing an awesome job supporting this while I sleep :p

In the Admin CP Henrik, what is your Facebook Invite URL set as?
QFqyHil.png

It needs to be a fully qualified and real URL including the http://

Just installed this. Am I right in believing that when you send an invite via Facebook, it sends a message privately?

Top Bottom