Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Nav bar: I know :)

I'm actually not a fan of Pinterest. If anything, they've over simplified it.

It's not exactly difficult to use, though.

For Yahoo/Gmail:
You login, you see your contacts, you select the contacts you want to invite, you fill in the invite text and you submit.

For Facebook/Twitter:
You login, see your contacts, click a single contact you want to invite, type the name of other users and some invite text and submit.

Coming soon... (probably today!)

NOevqqn.png

I just bought that because of your screen shot. But it's still the old version... :(
Will I get notified, once it is ready?

Why did you buy this on the basis of a screenshot that said "Coming soon"? :p

Yes, you should get an e-mail from FetchApp once it has been updated but keep the original email you received as the same download link will always download the latest version. Make sure you're watching the resource. That will be the best indicator that the update has been released.

I apologise. You may have received an update e-mail but I have just found a bug with the Yahoo functionality.

I will get this resolved shortly.

I apologise. You may have received an update e-mail but I have just found a bug with the Yahoo functionality.

I will get this resolved shortly.
Got that e-mail and the attachment was named wrong

'Friend-Inviter-2.0.zip'

Should have been

Friend-Inviter-2.0.zip (without the '' )

Not so much an issue per say. 7zip was still able to unzip the file.

Okay. I may not receive mail from the app site because I don't have the subscription to it. Maybe you should send me the version directly :)

Chris Deeming updated Friend Inviter with a new update entry:

Improved! New services! Fixes old services!

This update adds the following new services:
  • Yahoo
Once logging into Yahoo, you will see a list of your friends.
To invite your friends you simply click the checkbox/button by each contact and customise the invite text at the bottom of the page.
Once complete, an e-mail is sent to each selected contact.
  • Twitter
Once logged in to Twitter, a maximum of 200 Twitter contacts will be displayed. (Improvements will be made here in the future). The 200 Twitter...

Read the rest of this update entry...

IMPORTANT: I have rewritten a lot of code and structuring the whole lot better so that it would be easier to add new services in the future. Therefore there will be a very small change to make if you wish Google invites to continue working after version 1.5 is released.

Currently after a user logs in with Google, you have set it up so that they will be redirected to a URL such as:

http://www.deemit.co.uk/index.php?friend-inviter/code
OR
http://www.deemit.co.uk/friend-inviter/code
OR
http://www.deemit.co.uk/community/friend-inviter/code

This will need to be changed to something like:

http://www.deemit.co.uk/friend-inviter/google/callback

The exact URL you need is actually supplied to you in the add-on options. It varies slightly depending on the URL structure you use and XenForo location. Based on my examples above (it's basically change the bit that says friend-inviter/code to friend-inviter/google/callback) you should be able to add the correct URL immediately.

You can add additional URLs so the system will continue working before and after the update happens.

Here's a shot of the full instructions:

dJymk.png
This update requires you to make a change to your Google API Console settings as I described a few weeks ago. Follow the instructions in the Admin CP options. Specifically you need to change your Authorized Redirect URIs to the value displayed in your options.

Have installed 2.0b. Couple of issues for me ...

1. When I visit /friend-inviter/ the title at the top of the page is "Invite your contacts to {boardTitle} Netrider - connecting riders!"
2. I have added the keys for the Google API, Yahoo API, and Twitter API, and ticked Use Facebook Login App. Despite this, I only see the Email icon to send an email to invitee's. If I enter /friend-inviter/facebook or /friend-inviter/google into my browser URL, then I do get the display of my friends with the green invite button (for FB) or the Google Accounts Chooser (I have multiple).

Thanks.

1. When I visit /friend-inviter/ the title at the top of the page is "Invite your contacts to {boardTitle} Netrider - connecting riders!"
2. I have added the keys for the Google API, Yahoo API, and Twitter API, and ticked Use Facebook Login App. Despite this, I only see the Email icon to send an email to invitee's. If I enter /friend-inviter/facebook or /friend-inviter/google into my browser URL, then I do get the display of my friends with the green invite button (for FB) or the Google Accounts Chooser (I have multiple).

Thanks.
That's really odd behaviour.

Did you have a previous version installed?

Not that it should make a difference, but it might be worth uninstalling completely and reinstalling from scratch.

Thanks.
Just figured this out.

You've edited the template probably on an older version.

Therefore, the template will be outdated.

Please revert the changes to the friend_inviter_index template and it will be back to normal.

Top Bottom