Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
All that needs to be added is this line in the Help sub-section:
HTML:
<li><a href="{xen:link help/cookies}">{xen:phrase cookie_usage}</a></li>
When i revert the navigation template in flexile, the Inbox, Alert will appear twice on the top userbar and top of the search box.

All that needs to be added is this line in the Help sub-section:
HTML:
So we just add that line like this?
Code:
      </div>
                    <ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_help">
                        <li><a href="{xen:link help/smilies}">{xen:phrase smilies}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link help/bb-codes}">{xen:phrase bb_codes}</a></li>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link help/trophies}">{xen:phrase trophies}</a></li>
                    </xen:hook>

So we just add that line like this?
Code:
      </div>
which template do you edit this at?

I looked again, I have two which one?
Code:
                    <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li></xen:if>
                        <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/threads'}">{xen:phrase whats_new}</a></li>
                    </ul>

If you revert the template, you restore it to the xenforo default and lose the customizations that are specific to Flexile. All you need to do is edit the Navigation template and locate this section of code:

HTML:
        <!-- help -->
        <xen:if is="{$tabs.help}">
            <li class="navTab help {xen:if $tabs.help.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

<a href="{$tabs.help.href}" class="navLink" rel="help">{$tabs.help.title}</a>
                <a href="{$tabs.help.href}" class="SplitCtrl" rel="Menu"></a>

<div class="{xen:if {$tabs.help.selected}, 'tabLinks', 'Menu JsOnly tabMenu'}">
                    <div class="primaryContent menuHeader">
                        <h3>{$tabs.help.title}</h3>
                        <div class="muted">{xen:phrase quick_links}</div>
                    </div>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </li>
        </xen:if>

and replace it with this:

HTML:
        <!-- help -->
            <li class="navTab help {xen:if $tabs.help.selected, 'selected', 'Popup PopupControl PopupClosed'}">

</div>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </li>

If you have reverted the template, I would suggest re-installing Flexile as a new style just so that you can copy the Navigation template code back to the one you reverted. Then apply the edit shown above and you should be good to go. At that point, delete the second version of the style you installed.

If you revert the template, you restore it to the xenforo default and lose the customizations that are specific to Flexile. All you need to do is edit the Navigation template and locate this section of code:

HTML:
        <!-- help -->

</div>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </li>

and replace it with this:

HTML:
        <!-- help -->

</div>
                    </ul>
                </div>
            </li>

If you have reverted the template, I would suggest re-installing Flexile as a new style just so that you can copy the Navigation template code back to the one you reverted. Then apply the edit shown above and you should be good to go. At that point, delete the second version of the style you installed.

Just noticed I am on the wrong style, I have flexile dark

1.1.3 update coming soon, although template changes are minimal so it should be fine with the current version.

Wickedstangs, if you hosed your site by reverting templates, install Flexile from the theme file into a different theme and just copy the default Flexile templates over... Unless you had customized it, in which case restoring from a backup or copy/pasting from a restored backup might be the best option (you backup your site, right? ;))

accidentally did a template revert and screwed up my theme when trying to fix it, would someone, be kind as to message me the code for template, " navigation.css" thanks so much..

This could be a suggestion but on DwD Gaming Community site I have something setup like this:

Default​
Flexile Default​
Flexile Main​
Flexile sub1​
Flexile sub of sub1​
Flexile sub2​
Flexile sub of sub1​
Flexile sub3​
Flexile sub of sub1​
Flexile sub3​
Flexile sub of sub1​
Flexile sub4​
Flexile sub of sub1​
I do not touch Default, Flexile Default or Flexile Main for my edits/customization. But instead I customize all the sub Templates. Flexile Main would be my Temple I like to edit for all templates for example, MY Footer, as that would be the same for all Pages. If i would to revert any of the subs it goes to the original of my Main unless it is a sub of sub# then it goes to my sub#. The only downfall with this is, when ever I do decide to rebuild my cache if needing, like for example installing a new addon/upgrading, the rebuild cache takes a gajillion years :p but besides that it is very effective. :)

This way have saved me many headache when coming to a messed up template. Of course I always make backups :p

EDIT:
Forgot to add also,​
When ever I do Flexile updates I update the "Flexile Default theme" and that way I am not messing up any of my edits/customization. Then I look at the outdated templates and compare the two to see what I need to change.​

Yep, dwdmadmac has got it down. That's the way I recommend everyone customize Flexile so that updating to a new version is quite easy. :)

I read all above and made those changes, but i accidentally hit revert on the navigation.css and now my site is a cross between the default theme and the flexile theme, see what I mean? www.flytyingbug.com my site is all ^%*^$@ up now. :( No ones fault but mine but was hoping someone could shoot me the flexile code for navigation.css

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom