Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if the login page has it's own template or not. It does look like you've accidentally deleted a tag somewhere when editing your templates. I would try reverting the login and helper_login_form templates and see if that fixes things at all.

trilogy helped me fix it...

Check that you have closing div tags for every div tag.

This is what fixed it

how do you edit the logo/images on the leftside of a thread title currently blue boxes?
Change the logo in Style Preferences.
ACP>Appearance>Styles>Flexile>Style Property Groups>Header and Navigation>Header Logo Image Path

For the forum node images:
update the Node Icon style properties to remove the background color and change the background-position value to work with the new icons (if you're not sure what values to use here, you'll have to read up on how CSS sprites work).

1) How do I align the Home tab to be the most left, vertically with the left width?
2) When I change the width to 1100px, it seems to not fully resize on the right panel on iPad (Dolphin and Safari browser)

Can anyone help me which CSS or setting I need to adjust the padding in these 3 areas as mark by the arrows. Thank you very much

flexile.webp

Wow... I just supercharged Flexile by swapping out all the gradients for CSS3 gradients, using only the default for obvious fallback. A tidy performance improvement on load times for current browsers supporting gradients.

@Andy - Mate, going to bed now, but if nobody has answered I will help you tomorrow.

My suggestion would be to use Firebug or such developer tools that are pretty standard in most browsers nowadays, which will identify which class you need to change specifically. And if you work it out before I get back to it, ensure you use an upper classifier or specific box one so you don't apply it to every field in all sidebar pages.

Can anyone help me which CSS or setting I need to adjust the padding in these 3 areas as mark by the arrows. Thank you very much

Item One

I assume you have hidden the title from the homepage using display:none in your CSS? So just add a small amount of padding to the same CSS entry to correct that issue if you want a little more at the top of just that page due to hiding the h1... OR .... if need on every page, add to the breadcrumbtop some bottom margin, i.e.:

.breadBoxTop { margin-bottom: 5px; }

Item Two

A little confused whether you want padding inside the sidebar heading, or between the sidebar boxes themselves???

Item Three

Also need to explain where you want the padding, not just an arrow pointing at the text. Do you want more padding between the top and bottom of each entry? Without looking at that list item, it would likely be a small adjustment to the line-height if set versus padding.

Hi guys,
I have a minor problem with the style. According to Brogan, I set the width of the style to 992px so that it can be viewed by 1024 resolution screen which the iPad is.
However, when viewing on iPad using Safari, Dolphin browser, there is a black vertical gap on the right side. It does not have this problem on a 1024 laptop monitor.

Is this a Safari/iPad problem? how do I fix it? It looks like the background image/color does not span fully.

Thank you for helping.

Thanks Anthony for helping out. I should have said that I want to reduce the space between those arrows.
I managed to get most of those accomplished by looking at the style variables.

Tried speaking to Erik? He might know or point you in the right direction as to what's at fault.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/flexile.29335/

Now, I did cure it once but this was on a completely different style, not the Flexile range.
It was a while ago and I can't now remember exactly what the fix was.
I'll hazard a guess...
Try looking at your margins and possibly the min-width: "if" they are applied, either in the style properties or any EXTRA.css that may have been applied afterwards.

Finally solved the problem after comparing the original Flexile and a child theme.
It turns out that in the Flexile theme, under Styles Properties -> General ->HTML -> Miscellaneous field, it has this line
min-width: 1000px;

When i create a child theme of Flexile, this line does not carry over in the child so when I set the width of the child 992px, it obviously will cause some empty black vertical border.

Hope it help someone.

Try looking at your margins and possibly the min-width: "if" they are applied, either in the style properties or any EXTRA.css that may have been applied afterwards.
You are absolutely right. It was the missing min-width setting in HTML property that cause this.

Does anyone know where I can add some
Code:
position: fixed
CSS code to the userBar so that it always stays at the top of the window?

If you want to keep the entire userbar then you need to edit #userBar CSS and add something like:

userBar {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width: 100%;
}

You will also have to set a top margin for the remainder of the header though, as it will automatically fall under it as then being recognised as the first code within the page, as fixed elements are discarded from recognition of placement.

If anything goes over the bar, instead of under it, then add more to the z-index to change the elements height in the page.

If you want to keep the entire userbar then you need to edit #userBar CSS and add something like:

userBar {
position: fixed;
top: 0;
left: 0;
z-index: 10000;
width: 100%;
}

You will also have to set a top margin for the remainder of the header though, as it will automatically fall under it as then being recognised as the first code within the page, as fixed elements are discarded from recognition of placement.

If anything goes over the bar, instead of under it, then add more to the z-index to change the elements height in the page.
Can I do all of this in Extra.css?

If you want...

EXTRA.css is simply the last loaded css template, which means anything placed in that overrides everything prior, as CSS loads the last element as the overriding one.

Thanks everyone for picking up the slack when I'm too busy to help. Nice job with the CSS3 gradients Anthony - I've had the idea to do that for a while but haven't had the time to incorporate it into an upgrade.

Nice job with the CSS3 gradients Anthony - I've had the idea to do that for a while but haven't had the time to incorporate it into an upgrade.
Thanks. I will hard code a default Flexile for you to use... obviously will have to do a top level in both light and dark, and will attach them here for you to peruse and over-write if you desire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom