Donation Manager [Paid] [Deleted]

Somehow i got the Donations Sidebar/Top Donors removed from my forum page. How can I add the sidebars to my forum page and home page?

Last edited:
Robbo - Will the new release allow people that contribute to be promoted to a "site contributor" group? Group is already created - they just need to be moved...

Cheers
Paul
Use the user group promotions system?

Am i missing something or do i have to "manually" add every donation. The last donation mod i used had a list of donors, once confirmed that paypal went through you would approve and they would be added to donators and the colored bar etc.
It should be automated but PayPal is just crap. I will have to work you through it if there are issues.
Tell me what PHP version, XenForo version and Donation Manager version you have. Do a file health check. Check the server error log. And check the donation log (located near the server error log).

Somehow i got the Donations Sidebar/Top Donors removed from my forum page. How can I add the sidebars to my forum page and home page?
There are settings to display them or not. Only featured goals show up on the sidebar as well.

Request:
Sidebar block (with option to turn on and off) that displays the current balance (cached every x days).

Code example can be found here: https://cms.paypal.com/cms_content/US/en_US/files/developer/nvp_GetBalance_php.txt

I could do it myself, but I would like you to implement it in the addon as a option/function.

Dev Application:
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/myapps

Dev Dashboard:
https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/dashboard/test
I don't have any plans for more PayPal integration at this time, at least not this sort. I will be supporting other gateways some time soon and when I do I will rewrite the whole PayPal integration we use and hopefully solve all the issues it has. But I don't know if I will ever show a PayPal balance anywhere, seems way out of scope of this add-on.

Use the user group promotions system?

It should be automated but PayPal is just crap. I will have to work you through it if there are issues.
Tell me what PHP version, XenForo version and Donation Manager version you have. Do a file health check. Check the server error log. And check the donation log (located near the server error log).

There are settings to display them or not. Only featured goals show up on the sidebar as well.

I don't have any plans for more PayPal integration at this time, at least not this sort. I will be supporting other gateways some time soon and when I do I will rewrite the whole PayPal integration we use and hopefully solve all the issues it has. But I don't know if I will ever show a PayPal balance anywhere, seems way out of scope of this add-on.

Xenforo 1.2
php 5.3
donations -1.0 beta1
Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 8.32.37 PM.webp

The missing donation_manager_callback.php file is the issue. It can't be automated without that. You need to re-upload the files.

I just updated this, and @Robbo it's GREAT! Looks so much cleaner now and I love how you can just scroll over "more info" link and it tells more in depth why we ask for donations instead of showing entire thing as underlined link. Just much cleaner look. Love the "raised so far" and "goal" on sidebar now.

BTW... the donations has been a HIT on my site, luckily. I honestly didn't expect ANY donations, especially because of the audience my forum holds. But I just nonchalantly set a stretch goal of $100 in 1-month... and we got it all with 10 days to spare!! I set it to $50 this month though now.

Well can you give me proper information to help instead of "it isn't showing"?

It seems as if ever since I added the Widget Framework that lets you add sidebars, the donations manager sidebar doesn't show up on any page but my Donations page. But I hate to use the Donations Manager WidgetFramework sidebar because it is a bit uglier, and doesn't look clean and have a nice Donate button or anything.

You can look at my site at www.joinsng.com

It seems as if ever since I added the Widget Framework that lets you add sidebars, the donations manager sidebar doesn't show up on any page but my Donations page. But I hate to use the Donations Manager WidgetFramework sidebar because it is a bit uglier, and doesn't look clean and have a nice Donate button or anything.

You can look at my site at www.joinsng.com
The sidebar doesn't show up when using the widget manager, the same as most add-ons when you start using it. This is why I created the Donation Manager Sidebar. However it is still in beta for a reason. The next thing for me to do is updates for the Donation Manager and the Donation Manager Sidebar to solve some bugs and style issues. I wanted this done yesterday but things have been hectic with work so now will be pushed back a little. So your issues should be solved soon.

The sidebar doesn't show up when using the widget manager, the same as most add-ons when you start using it. This is why I created the Donation Manager Sidebar. However it is still in beta for a reason. The next thing for me to do is updates for the Donation Manager and the Donation Manager Sidebar to solve some bugs and style issues. I wanted this done yesterday but things have been hectic with work so now will be pushed back a little. So your issues should be solved soon.

Okay great, thank you.

Now.. how can I remove the Donate navbar tab at the top? I can't find the code in any of the merc files for it. :/

Can you please send me the current version? Should i delete all files and re upload or just overwrite? Should i reinstall the xml?

I really don't understand why I have these errors- it's wa ever since the upgrade to new version. I thought the new version was sent to me via email but I can't seem to find it.​

Okay great, thank you.

Now.. how can I remove the Donate navbar tab at the top? I can't find the code in any of the merc files for it. :/
That is controller via a permission. Just disable the permission to see the donate tab. It won't affect anything else other than showing it.

I really don't understand why I have these errors- it's wa ever since the upgrade to new version. I thought the new version was sent to me via email but I can't seem to find it.​
Because you have done weird stuff. Go to the products section and click the drop down and get 1.1.0 and not the 1.0.x branch. You have missed that it is a dropdown because my site is ****. It will be updated but the add-ons being stable is a priority first.

Top Bottom