CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
It's all working but I think I'm going to add some logic so that if the Index Page Route hasn't been set to 'threads/featured', then the [Home] tab won't be displayed.

Otherwise there's no point in selecting the option to show the tab.

So essentially it will require the page option to be selected and the index page route to be set to show the tab.

Just the feature I was looking for.
If you are planning to use this then would you be interested in beta testing?

I need to make sure it functions as people are expecting.

If anyone else is interested in beta testing the Home tab functionality, let me know.

Top work, another great addition for CTA Featured Portal Threads. :D

I'm likely to use the Home page feature...

If the Home tab is enabled, will the Featured Threads link in navigation remain?

Yes, the link will still remain under the Forums tab...unless people would prefer it is removed?

I can easily add that in at this stage.

I will also be forcing the page title in the browser tab to the board title, if the Home tab is set.
That seems to make sense to me.

I think I'd like the FT link to remain, though others might not. I was thinking that regular visitors may never visit the Home page and bookmark the forums to land on. They may never think to check Home for Featured Threads but they may use an FT nav link.

Your page title reasoning makes sense.

Good point on the sub nav link.

I'll leave it in place then and if people don't want it, all they have to do is disable the template modification.

Trying to use some images that are 128px*96px but they keep getting cropped when uploaded, there should be an E on the end.

test.webp

I've changed the icon size to 128x96 in the options page and changed the @ctaFicon sizes to 128x96. I have also changed the @ctaFtIconPage size to 128x96.

I assume I've missed something?

Can you paste a link to the original image?

Also upload the cropped/resized image here?

The code uses the default XenForo cropping and resizing so I can have a look but I may not be able to do much about it.

Original image & cropped image are both attached.

If nothing can be done I'll just use different images, not a big problem.

Attachments

• xboxone.webp
    xboxone.webp
    1.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 2017.webp
    2017.webp
    1.1 KB · Views: 7
Unfortunately that's just how the default XF code deals with it.

This is how it looks when you use the same original image as a Resource icon.

upload_2014-5-9_18-8-14.webp

rm.webp

If you use an image with the same ratio as the option settings then it will give much better results.
This is your original image with the canvas set to square proportions and then uploaded as a resource icon.

upload_2014-5-9_18-10-31.webp

Alpha is running smoothly - loving it... better add some more Featured Threads to the home page :D

Unfortunately that's just how the default XF code deals with it.

This is how it looks when you use the same original image as a Resource icon.

View attachment 73390

View attachment 73391

If you use an image with the same ratio as the option settings then it will give much better results.
This is your original image with the canvas set to square proportions and then uploaded as a resource icon.

View attachment 73392

Thnaks, that works for me.

Very nice feature set! Just in time for a new project also..Can't wait to to customize the Featured Thread/Portal page ;)

I look forward to seeing what you can do it with Steve.

Let me know when you're done and I'll add some screenshots (with your permission) to the second post.

I look forward to seeing what you can do it with Steve.

Let me know when you're done and I'll add some screenshots (with your permission) to the second post.

I just noticed mine was there. :) Very kind of you to add it there. (y)

I have added some logic to the session data so if the FT page is set as the Home page and the index route is configured accordingly then...

upload_2014-5-10_11-47-4.webp

I have just increased the version to Beta 1 as all of the code is done and appears to be working.

I will send the latest version to the beta testers.
If anyone else would like to test, let me know.

Top Bottom