CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Also Brogan, on the featured threads page the YT vid is aligned too far to the left, is that normal?

View attachment 73129
The positioning here is correct. The idea with the blocks on the FT page is that the text will wrap around the avatar or icon, just like it would in a magazine.

You could edit the SP so that it doesn't do this but I think that it wouldn't look great as you've have a blank column below the avatar/icon.

hello :D
i upgraded to 2.4 and now entire plugin just disappear from forum home :(
Is there any way to downgrade?

What is the link to your site?

Did you follow the upgrade instructions?
Are there any errors?
Does the add-on still appear in the ACP?
Is it enabled?

No-one else has reported any similar issue.

What is the link to your site?

Did you follow the upgrade instructions?
Are there any errors?
Does the add-on still appear in the ACP?
Is it enabled?

No-one else has reported any similar issue.
yes i did, no error at all
and yes i have it in the ACP

Last edited:
Go through the options and permissions and ensure everything is set up correctly.

Which version did you upgrade from and to?

There is nothing in 2.4 which would cause that; it was a very small update.

If there are no errors then all I can assume is you have an option or permissions setting wrong somewhere.
Otherwise you can try importing the .xml again.

There is nothing in 2.4 which would cause that; it was a very small update.

If there are no errors then all I can assume is you have an option or permissions setting wrong somewhere.
Otherwise you can try importing the .xml again.
Oops! my bad :ROFLMAO: i found what is the problem
After upgrade this option "Forum View Featured Threads" is changed! ( of course it has been changed by aliens, not me :whistle: )
Thank for your great work brogan (y)

I discovered an issue earlier today when featuring thread with images as attachments. @Brogan has mentioned this in the FAQ but I thought I'd explain in a little more detail and give a solution for anyone else who encounters this.

Here is a thread with an image attachment in it:

upload_2014-5-5_18-17-6.webp

When Featured (note I added some blank lines in the Featured Thread text so that the image would sit nicely below the icon on the Featured Threads page and it didn't appear in the Featured Thread block on the forums page), it appears like this:

upload_2014-5-5_18-23-15.webp

As you can see, the attached image isn't displayed, instead a link to the image is shown.

This isn't a problem with the Featured Threads add-on, this is a technical limitation with the Xenforo software - you can't display attachments from one post in another post using the ATTACH BB Code.

The solution
Open the attachment in a new tab (by right clicking on the image in the post itself) and copy the URL.
In the Featured Threads overlay, replace the ATTACH BB Code with the IMG BB Code and paste the URL in.

So you would go from this:

Code:
Here's a post with an image attachment.

[ATTACH=full]650[/ATTACH]

to this:

Code:
Here's a post with an image attachment.

[IMG]http://www.yoursite.com/attachments/warframe_20140505161651-jpg.650/[/IMG]

The result is what is desired:

upload_2014-5-5_18-33-39.webp

Just to give a practical example, these are two of the attachments from Martok's post above.

View attachment 73150

View attachment 73151

I have added them like this:
Code:
[ATTACH=full]73150[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]73151[/ATTACH]

As you can see, the images don't render when the same attach BB Code is used. It only works in the original post which the attachments were added to.

I am currently looking to see if I can override the default behaviour and make attachments appear as they do in the original post.

Would it be possible to have, as well as normal featured threads, sponsored threads?
So basically I'm asking for different featured thread types.
The only difference really is the title 'Sponsored' instead of 'Featured', but it's a separate list.
I'm guessing this won't be a trivial change?

Where would the "Sponsored Thread" text appear?

It would require additional code no matter what, but depending on how many instances of "featured" were replaced with "sponsored" would determine just how much.

Perhaps we could just enter some text for the title to be displayed instead of 'Featured Thread' wherever it is displayed.
temp0.webp
We have advertisers who want to pay for a Sticky thread, but I think using Featured Threads looks nicer. But we need to state for clarity that it's Sponsored.
Also it would be nice to be able to stop sponsored threads from appearing on the featured thread page.
Perhaps an option for that?

All of that would require quite a lot of extra work and as it's a one off request, I don't think it's something I would look to add.

It's really getting away from the concept of the add-on and more or less shoe-horning another add-on into it.

Top Bottom