CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Is it possible to make CSS postitioning adjustments on an image separately for responsive? Here is my dilemma, in all browsers (desktop) it looks correct, as seen below, however, in responsive the image is too low and cut off in my FT.

here is my CSS code.
Code:
/* Featured threads background  */

.forum_list .sectionMain.ctaFtContainer {
background: url(@imagePath/xenforo/sources/cat245.png) no-repeat scroll right 0px bottom -48px / 22% auto;
border: 1px solid #C7C5BC
}

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 8.46.36 AM.webp

Responsive - (Ipad) image too low.

photo.webp

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

BB Code

Only one new feature in this update, but it's a good one :)

I would rather release it now so people can start using it, as the next two features are potentially time consuming and would delay it unnecessarily.

There is now the option to enable BB Code in the content.

View attachment 73083

If that is enabled, when featuring the thread, the BB Code is preserved.

View attachment 73080

Resulting in the following output.

View attachment 73076
View attachment 73077...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Existing thread content is not affected by this add-on, it uses a separate table.

As it explains in the resource content:
When featuring, the original thread title and content can be edited for editorial purposes.
Note that this does not have any effect on the actual thread as the content is stored in a separate table.

Do you mean "add" like below when referencing this setting? "Style Properties -> BB Code Elements -> BB Code Block -> Miscellaneous: overflow: auto;"

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 2.37.23 PM.webp

Also, atatchments are not too pretty...I had to fudge with the settings as it made the FT page blocks too long again.also tried disabling the BBcode piece and it didn't seem to work.

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 2.42.31 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2014-05-04 at 2.42.19 PM.webp

That is how XenForo deals with attachments.

That is why the Options and Style Properties and the ability to edit the content when you are featuring exist.
Would be nice if we could exclude attachments. Also, if initial settings would NOT change on an update. And I didn't have to continually feature and un-feature the thread to see changes take effect after making option changes...Sorry to be a pain in the a**. :sneaky:

Ok - i'm done. :whistle:

Would be nice if we could exclude attachments.
Edit the content when featuring. I won't strip them as the links can still be clicked.

Also, if initial settings would NOT change on an update.
Some things are unavoidable when the core code changes.
I could always stop developing it, just to make your life easier I suppose.

And I didn't have to continually feature and un-feature the thread to see changes take effect after making option changes
Use a test installation to see what each option does.

Edit the content when featuring. I won't strip them as the links can still be clicked.

Some things are unavoidable when the core code changes.
I could always stop developing it, just to make your life easier I suppose.

Use a test installation to see what each option does.
@Brogan - I truly do appreciate your hard work and dedication on this add on. Please continue! :) It just may be one of my favorite add ons of all time from Vbulletin to Xenforo...

I can understand the frustration when upgrading when some things change, but bear in mind this add-on in no way resembles what it was originally.

The first release was a simple block above the forum list.

Now it's more or less a full blown portal and featured threads.

So yes, it's annoying when stuff changes, but without those changes, it would still be a simple block above the forum list.

Should have crowdfunded it...

One last issue - I had placed a <br /> here in an older template:
Code:
<div class="ctaFtThreadTextAvatarPage a.ctaFtThreadTextAvatarPage">{xen:raw $featuredThread.featured_message}</div><!--Break content start--><br /><!--Break content end-->

It no longer works when placing it in the same location, I want a break from the content and the line as seen below.

98989.webp

Top Bottom