CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Not everyone's skill level is the same- directions or not. Perhaps you should put together a tutorial for FT's on your site as I had already recommended to you to attract additional traffic. :)

Not everyone's skill level is the same- directions or not. Perhaps you should put together a tutorial for FT's on your site as I had already recommended to you to attract additional traffic. :)
I'm writing tutorials as we speak for a variety of things :)

Regarding skill levels. If you have the skill to install and administrate a forum, then reading the instructions for FT and following them is a piece of cake. @Brogan has one of the most indepth set of instructions (as well as the customisation abilities due to the Style Properties he's included) I've ever seen for an addon. Anything I could write for FT as a tutorial will just be a repeat of everything he's already covered so well.

I'm writing tutorials as we speak for a variety of things :)

Regarding skill levels. If you have the skill to install and administrate a forum, then reading the instructions for FT and following them is a piece of cake. @Brogan has one of the most indepth set of instructions (as well as the customisation abilities due to the Style Properties he's included) I've ever seen for an addon. Anything I could write for FT as a tutorial will just be a repeat of everything he's already covered so well.
Perhaps I was a bit too vague in my directive, to be a bit more clear - I meant tutorials on customsing FT.

Installing forums and administrating has evolved to just pushing buttons really. ;)

Installing forums and administrating has evolved to just pushing buttons really. ;)
In some aspects, yes, but admins still have to read and follow instructions to push the right buttons in the correct order. ;)

I think the detailed information that Brogan has already given about FT and the Xenforo manual is pretty extensive. I'm not sure there'd be much benefit in him writing any more than this as some folk wouldn't read it anyway.

Feature Request: as I understand, a random featured thread appears atop of recent threads etc. For my use I would like to have the most recent one. So the best thing would be to let the admin choose in the settings if he wants a random one or the most recent one.
That has been implemented for the next release.

Additionally, before anyone asks for it, it can be set per page:

upload_2014-4-30_21-8-10.webp

The thing I'm most pleased about with version 2.3 is the reduction in queries.
Big thanks to @Chris D for his help with that. Thanks chap :)

Version 2.2 additional queries
  • Forum List - 3
  • Forum View - 4
  • Recent Posts - 3
Version 2.3 additional queries
  • Forum List - 1
  • Forum View - 2*
  • Recent Posts - 1
That is a reduction of 2 queries for every page, with most pages now only generating 1 additional query.

*If the 'Display In All Forums' option is selected it reduces to 1, if 'Display In Own And Parent Forums' is selected it increases to 3.

Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads with a new update entry:

!Queries

Q: If you have three queries and remove two queries, what do you have?
A: CTA Featured Threads 2.3

Yes, that’s right, CTA Featured Threads 2.3 is here and query counts have been reduced significantly. Well, 66.6% recurring, to be precise.

Before we continue though, first a message from our sponsors.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Due to fundamental code changes, before uploading the files and upgrading, disable the add-on to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

The latest version will be emailed to all active license holders later soon.

If you don't receive it, let me know.

Version 2.3.0 has just been sent via email to all active license holders.

Thanks - I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that we appreciate all the hard work you've put into making (and supporting :giggle:) this add-on. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Oh, and a little mini shout-out for @Chris D too - thanks Chris. (y)

Top Bottom