California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
PACER Updates for: 2/14/2013 // Wiki Entry

Docket Text #181 said:
MINUTES OF Settlement Conference held before Magistrate Judge Victor B. Kenton:The Court met with parties and counsel on February 13, 2013. The parties and counsel will return for a continued settlement conference on February 14, 2013 at 10:00 a.m.Court Recorder: c/s. (rh)

Docket Text #182 said:
MINUTES OF Settlement Conference held before Magistrate Judge Victor B. Kenton:The Court met with parties and counsel on February 13, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and on February14, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. The parties and counsel will return for a continued settlement conference on February 20, 2013 at 11:00 a.m.Court Recorder: c/s. (rh)

View/Download Documents:

#181 - Civil Minutes - General
#182 - Civil Minutes - General

Summary:

The settlement conference is still ongoing, next meeting is set for February 20, 2013 @ 11:00 AM PST.

Attachments

PACER Updates for: 2/14/2013 // Wiki Entry

View/Download Documents:

#181 - Civil Minutes - General
#182 - Civil Minutes - General

Summary:

The settlement conference is still ongoing, next meeting is set for February 20, 2013 @ 11:00 AM PST.

Well I'll just ask. KAM holding out for a better deal for IB to put on the table? I can only assume continued talks on Feb 20th indicate that they are?

From my point of view....

Internet Brands will drag the talks out as long as possible in order to

1) Continue their goal to make this last as long as possible
2) Give the illusion of "trying" to communicate (thus attempt to diminish the "look" of reason #1)

Of course this is only my opinion (based upon their continued actions as I interpret them)

From my point of view....

Internet Brands will drag the talks out as long as possible in order to

1) Continue their goal to make this last as long as possible
2) Give the illusion of "trying" to communicate (thus attempt to diminish the "look" of reason #1)

Of course this is only my opinion (based upon their continued actions as I interpret them)
Wouldn't that magistrate catch on to that since he'll be there during the talks? I think that it taking this long may be a good thing...like they are making progress of some sorts.... Just wishful thinking.

Wouldn't that magistrate catch on to that since he'll be there during the talks? I think that it taking this long may be a good thing...like they are making progress of some sorts.... Just wishful thinking.
All you have to do is appear convincing....

XenForo can't just walk away from the table. Well they could, but it wouldn't look good for them. On the other side of that is neither can Internet Brands just walk away without looking bad.

So I imagine (believe) Internet Brands will drag this along as long as possible, but in such away that it looks like they're trying to be productive.

how could anyone trust IB ?
It's like making a deal with the devil :cautious:

I despise IB and their company for their monopolistic business strategy and abuse of the legal system but if the price is right I'd sell my forum to them just as well. A year ago I was actually in negotiations with them and Vertical Scope to sell my http://www.mustangevolution.com forum. Neither ended up meeting my price at the time though and I ended up selling it elsewhere.

Just curious to know - who'd be the people actually doing the discussion? From XF, it's KAM (+ Lawyers) and from IB ?

Kier has said that they want to continue the development after the lawsuit is over (and ruling is in their favor). I just hope that XF folks get all their money back.

PACER Updates for: 2/26/2013

Docket Text #183 said:
MINUTES OF Settlement Conference held before Magistrate Judge Victor B. Kenton:The Court met with counsel for a continued session of settlement discussions, and the matter did result in a full and complete settlement. It was agreed on the record that the Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release constitutes a binding settlement in this matter.The Court notes that the Settlement Agreement and Mutual Release must still be executed by the parties,and further notes that it is provided therein that within five (5) business days of the parties execution of the document, Plaintiff shall file a Notice of Dismissal With Prejudice.The Court advised counsel to contact the District Court with regard to any pending hearings.Court Recorder: c/s. (rh)

No further details are available at this time.

Attachments

MINUTES OF Settlement Conference held before Magistrate Judge Victor B. Kenton:The Court met with counsel for a continued session of settlement discussions, and the matter did result in a full and complete settlement.

Full and complete settlement, and nothing said here, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom