California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to comments about why there was no announcement, chances are they're still not free to talk about the on-going lawsuit as there are still going to be the post-settlement details to deal with.

I know in the last lawsuit I was involved in thats how things went.

believe me: it won't fail. They won't make an agreement which takes several days and 2 flights to california just to break it on formality.

It is over. And it is good, that it is over.

HWS, please do proper fact checking before typing again. It's been well documented on this forum that the settlement talks were all carried out by teleconference.

I can't imagine any other settlement. Only if Kier and/or Mike will work again for IB (and XenForo) can be speculated on. I tend to answer that no.
Perhaps IB owned up to the fact(s):
1. No copied code (from their own expert)

That alone makes me think that by reason of your gloomy speculation, that you are smoking drugs.
Care to share?

HWS, please do proper fact checking before typing again. It's been well documented on this forum that the settlement talks were all carried out by teleconference.

No it was not. In fact the reason for pausing the talks for some days was to give the guys time to fly to CA to finish the agreement.

I most certainly hope that "Sold to IB" is a horridly bad joke.
Ever consider the fact that the settlement put into effect a non-disclosure and/or confidentiality agreement of sorts?

Jacqui, HWS has been more and more desperately peddling this fantasy for months. There is no evidence at all to support it but as a comment it makes a loud noise.

There have been several well informed statements about confidentiality on the settlement. It is very likely that the detail will remain confidential.
But the outline of it will become known one way or another. If KAM are muzzled legally, the basics will leak. Too many people interested not to. However I would expect some basic info from our guys once the settlement paperwork has been filed.

What I don't think is realistic is to expect an immediate development on XF. They are going to be pretty smashed out tired. Needing a break.
There could be some discussions opened quite soon about possibilities though.
But for any significant changes to XF I'd look at June.

Someone remind me what "with prejudice" means please?
Is that the one that means it stops now?

negative.nancy.hws.webp

Jacqui, HWS has been more and more desperately peddling this fantasy for months. There is no evidence at all to support it but as a comment it makes a loud noise.

There have been several well informed statements about confidentiality on the settlement. It is very likely that the detail will remain confidential.
But the outline of it will become known one way or another. If KAM are muzzled legally, the basics will leak. Too many people interested not to. However I would expect some basic info from our guys once the settlement paperwork has been filed.

What I don't think is realistic is to expect an immediate development on XF. They are going to be pretty smashed out tired. Needing a break.

The only terms I'm interested in is whether Kier, Mike, and Ashley will continue with XF and who is stuck with whose lawyer's bills.

With Prejudice - Law phrase signifying that (1) a court case so dismissed bars the possibility of bringing a new case on the same basis as the dismissed case, (2) a court order so issued is the final order on the subject matter.

I know - and I think "with prejudice" is an indication that whoever filed the court case may have acted inappropriately...? and aren't allowed to refile the same courtcase again? I'm not quite sure - so don't quote me on this. But I think settlement with prejudice would tend to favor XF in this case.

They might have had to fly out to sign papers.

There's this little thing called a "power of attorney" ... it allows someone to give someone else full rights to act on their behalf in certain matters, including signing documents. In this case I would fully expect that the lawyers representing KAM would have power of attorney to sign the papers on their behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom