California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at it from the angle. That if anything had been agreed settlement wise ending things, KAM would not want to do it over the phone and instead be their in person, maybe signing required legal documents in-front of the Judge or whatever . I'd have thought settlement talks between IB and KAM have already been taking place, it won't just happen on that day being thrashed out. All that day is about really, is finding out if anything has been reached in meantime with Judge present hearing it since the Jan date.

I was looking at it from the angle. That if anything had been agreed settlement wise ending things, KAM would not want to do it over the phone and instead be their in person, maybe signing required legal documents in-front of the Judge or whatever.
Well, signing documents is what they've got extremely expensive lawyers for ;)

I would imagine power of attorney would apply. But I'm just a big, dumb go-rilla, so what do I know?

Overview

A Lasting Power of Attorney lets you appoint someone to make decisions on your behalf.

It’s normally used when someone is unable to make their own decisions.

There are 2 types:

health and welfare
property and financial affairs

You can choose to make one type of Lasting Power of Attorney or both.
Health and welfare Lasting Power of Attorney

This allows you to choose 1 person or more to make decisions about things like:

your daily routine (eg eating and what to wear)
medical care
moving into a care home
refusing life-sustaining treatment

This Lasting Power of Attorney can only be used once someone is unable to make their own decisions.

https://www.gov.uk/power-of-attorney/overview

I don't expect the USA is different to the UK on the really basic stuff in civil law.
That means a lawyer signs at the time as an undertaking their client will sign the full thing afterwards.Papers are sent to client for signature. That's a formality.

Will we see these statements? What kind of content and info will they contain?

Not unless the parties agree to disclose.

Negotiations of various kinds are no doubt happening at any time. What this hearing does, based on previous posts by our trusty advisers here, is the magistrate lays out the options.
If the parties cannot agree on those options it goes to the Judge who can rule on it, as a final judgement. Which is unlikely to be immediate but not take very long.
If Judge does not rule, a trial date will be aanounced on March 4.

Will we see these statements? What kind of content and info will they contain?

Based on what was written from the magistrate judge, they should be confidential and therefore we would not likely seen those released publicly. I will of course be watching for further updates in any case.

I really hope people aren't seriously expecting a brand new version of XF the very moment this lawsuit is resolved.

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I suspect people will be incredibly disappointed. There is absolutely no suggestion that development has continued in secret. It would be naive to think it has. If it has, great. But please don't assume it definitely has.

The recovery from this could still be a slow one.

I really hope people aren't seriously expecting a brand new version of XF the very moment this lawsuit is resolved.

As much as I'd like to think otherwise, I suspect people will be incredibly disappointed. There is absolutely no suggestion that development has continued in secret. It would be naive to think it has. If it has, great. But please don't assume it definitely has.

The recovery from this could still be a slow one.

It's quite safe to say there won't be a release on and during 2013.

Reactions: HWS
Another year is a long time to not have any sort of release...

Don't expect a significant release. I am quite certain it will not come. But this is something we bought into and we have a thriving 3rd party resource community to tide us over who are doing a more than excellent job in getting features we need out and posted in the RM.

Don't expect a significant release. I am quite certain it will not come. But this is something we bought into and we have a thriving 3rd party resource community to tide us over who are doing a more than excellent job in getting features we need out and posted in the RM.
Yes, there have been several new 3rd party developers emerge of the last few months that have come out with some excellent products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom