California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second, will Kier and/or Mike continue development if Xenforo wins the case?
Exactly, I have the feeling that KAM possibly will still be inactive if they win the case. Perhaps the case isn't the reason of their lack of activity and development. They have been sued since 2010 and all the time they have supported xenforo and suddenly stopped at some point this year. So one have to wonder if the private issues between those three are the main reason for this.

Exactly, I have the feeling that KAM possibly will still be inactive if they win the case. Perhaps the case isn't the reason of their lack of activity and development. They have been sued since 2010 and all the time they have supported xenforo and suddenly stopped at some point this year. So one have to wonder if the private issues between those three are the main reason for this.

The first one who thinks in the right direction

Can't say I understand why a private issue is the reason that development has stopped completely.
Is the company owned jointly? or solely by Kier?
I dunno, I'd hate to see Xenforo just die off, even if the case was won, it'd be a real shame.
Starting to wonder if I should launch the site I just setup now, with these new doubts circulating, I wish the damn trial was sooner rather than later.

This is exactly why we need some official word. If the case is the reason no active development and interaction is occurring, tell us. If it is because of personal reasons, tell us. We just want to know WHY, that is not unreasonable. Especially not when your hard earned money has been put into a project that, although under investigation - was actively developed at the time. We just want to know why the development has stopped, officially. If it is because of the case fine, personal issues unrelated to the case - not so fine. You wouldn't accept it for a physical product so why should an online product be any different?

This is exactly why we need some official word. If the case is the reason no active development and interaction is occurring, tell us. If it is because of personal reasons, tell us. We just want to know WHY, that is not unreasonable. Especially not when your hard earned money has been put into a project that, although under investigation - was actively developed at the time. We just want to know why the development has stopped, officially. If it is because of the case fine, personal issues unrelated to the case - not so fine. You wouldn't accept it for a physical product so why should an online product be any different?
Since Kier has just been reading this thread I am sure you will receive an answer shortly.

Reactions: HWS
Since Kier has just been reading this thread I am sure you will receive an answer shortly.

No doubt some people will come here and shoot me down, but I doubt it. I hope he proves me wrong, but the silence has gone on for so long now I can't see it changing.

We aren't asking for case details, we aren't asking for an in-depth discussion of what, why, how and where things are going wrong. We just some sort of official word, what is happening behind the scenes. Why isn't development happening? Is it the case?

Don't point to that announcement by Ashley in August, because that is very vague and doesn't really explain anything. We need to know what our options at xenForo are from an official stand point.

People will likely step in and tell me to "go somewhere else" but I don't want to. I want to use xenForo - but I also want to be told the truth about what is happening.

We will all understand if the pressure of the case is too much, we just need the word and what to expect next. Keep us in the loop - that's all I ask.

Didn't he pull them himself. I though Ragtek left XenForo by choice?

i dont know i just found out when searching for a mod, i found a link in a thread to one of his and its all gone now.

still wonder why he deleted them all and it appears his entire account was deleted too :( :(

i dont know i just found out when searching for a mod, i found a link in a thread to one of his and its all gone now.

still wonder why he deleted them all and it appears his entire account was deleted too :( :(

Why should he stay when the main developers have abandoned this place?

I think its like many others, who only dont tell, that he has left because of he gets pissed of with all that none saying anything...

Well just what i think, might be completly different.....But i amthe same as Lee wrote, thats why i left xenforo. Noone tells u anything and everytime its just.. Ya they will tell us shortly, man this "shortly" last now for more then 5 Month...

BTW ragtek just posted some of his Addons at adminaddict

I think its like many others, who only dont tell, that he has left because of he gets pissed of with all that none saying anything...
He said on another board that all this drama pisses him off and that he is happy he has abandoned xenforo. I can't blame him. Nobody can.

BTW ragtek just posted some of his Addons at adminaddict
Last time he was online there was May 17 2010.

At this point I see Jake closing this thread again. Perhaps it's a good idea to create a "XenForo's future, speculation thread" and keep all offtopic posts there?

Since nothing is official, speculation is all we have to go on.

If its not official, it did not happen.
If it happened, its not official.
and what exactly are you achieving by speculating? It's just creating nonsense everywhere, so why do it? What do you get out of it, because it's certainly not answers.

I think this thread needs locking again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom