California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern. When the court rules in favor of KAM, what chance is there that they simply breath a sigh of relief, and close things up to move onto other projects/jobs?
IB's forum division reported $10-20 million in earnings. The forum industry has millions of dollars to be earned. And in just 1 year, XF has already found itself in the trinity of "big players" (IPB/VB) who had been building their software for more than ten years. To walk away from such a proximity to riches would be just plain silliness at this point.

IB's forum division reported $10-20 million in earnings. The forum industry has millions of dollars to be earned. And in just 1 year, XF has already found itself in the trinity of "big players" (IPB/VB) who had been building their software for more than ten years. To walk away from such a proximity to riches would be just plain silliness at this point.
Some people are...silly.

Back to the original discussion at hand: the new motion for dismissal. What are the chances that the Honorable Judge Real will agree with the defense?
Nobody knows. The judge had numerous chances to get this one right and one can hope that he's finally had an epiphany that this has obviously gone on far beyond the expiration date for only one purpose. What is of concern is that some judges live in an ivory tower and like to pretend that they preside over glorious battles (and that includes the attorneys). They want to make 100% sure they get it right and have every "t" crossed and "i" dotted, even if it bleeds everyone else to death. That fact doesn't really impact as much as it should.

The joke that explains this: What's the difference between G-d and a Federal Court Judge? G-d doesn't think he's a Federal Court Judge.

Honestly, if the owners and managers of "InternetBrands" would be clever businessmen, they would have invested in XenForo Ltd. , instead of taking them to court.
Offering a minority investment in XF Ltd. and let the talented coders K+M do their job.

That would have been an "intelligent investment" by "Hellman & Friedman", instead of investing in lawyers.

Honestly, if the owners and managers of "InternetBrands" would be clever businessmen, they would have invested in XenForo Ltd. , instead of taking them to court.
Offering a minority investment in XF Ltd. and let the talented coders K+M do their job.

That would have been an "intelligent investment" by "Hellman & Friedman", instead of investing in lawyers.

To be fair, Hellman and Friedman came into the picture much later. They inherited this lawsuit.

Just to nip this one in the bud - we won't be travelling to LA for the hearing in November, it's a huge expense that we simply can't afford, and it's not as if our presence there would have any bearing on the judge's ruling.

Is it possible to get in touch with the court office an email address or a phone number. I would be the first to send a letter demanding a fair and quick judgment.

Is it possible to get in touch with the court office an email address or a phone number. I would be the first to send a letter demanding a fair and quick judgment.

That would not be helpful. I understand the sentiment, but unless you are on a jury, your "vote" doesn't count and it wouldn't impact the decision. In fact, one of the main reasons Federal court judges are appointed for life is so that they are "immune" from public pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom