California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fully understand what IB failed to do and when they failed to do it. Nevertheless, this court update couldn't have come at a better time for Xenforo.

Do I understand it correctly that XF attorney petitioned via a motion and proposed for the Nov 5th hearing but I didn't read anything about the court agreed or assigned the Nov 5th hearing. Is it correct?

Do I understand it correctly that XF attorney petitioned via a motion and proposed for the Nov 5th hearing but I didn't read anything about the court agreed or assigned the Nov 5th hearing. Is it correct?

One, in general, can not simply arbitrarily show up on any day and demand to be immediately heard by the Courts. The Courts still need to agree to schedule this into the docket for hearing.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/california-case-update.10037/page-211#post-422018

What happened?
This one company, IB, got mad when another company, XF had a better product. So they made up a lot of stuff, filed a lawsuit, and then none of their own experts or witnesses confirmed anything they said. IB then filed a bunch of motions, some granted, some denied as well as amended complaints. XF challenged the claims and the judge dismissed several of them as well as claims against Ashley. Then, a few months before trial, IB did nothing to prepare, meet with, or cooperate with XF's attorneys to file and prepare various documents pre-trial. So, XF's attorney filed a motion to dismiss the case based on lack of prosecution by IB. A hearing will be held on Nov. 5 and the judge will decide whether suit will continue or be dismissed.

New hearing, start here to read the latest updates.

that is just about the only "case update" in the last 20 odd pages of speculation & ********... i peruse this thread hoping for news & find nothing but the same old posters posting the same doom & gloom on the same basis they were 200 pages ago...

Have you nothing better to waste your lives on than idle and largely uninformed speculation?

Reactions: vVv
This one company, IB, got mad when another company, XF had a better product. So they made up a lot of stuff, filed a lawsuit, and then none of their own experts or witnesses confirmed anything they said. IB then filed a bunch of motions, some granted, some denied as well as amended complaints. XF challenged the claims and the judge dismissed several of them as well as claims against Ashley. Then, a few months before trial, IB did nothing to prepare, meet with, or cooperate with XF's attorneys to file and prepare various documents pre-trial. So, XF's attorney filed a motion to dismiss the case based on lack of prosecution by IB. A hearing will be held on Nov. 5 and the judge will decide whether suit will continue or be dismissed.

Thanks. I was confused about the Nov 5th stuff.

I certainly hope the case gets dismissed. Hey, Kier, Ashely and Mike, on the bright side, Karma is a *****. It seems like the next revision of vB is horrid. With vB's name tarnished thanks to IB, they might end up having to sell it cheap to recoup losses as more customers migrate to other scripts such as XenForo. It would be lovely to see XF scoop up vB on the cheap.

Can we please organise a celebration party here in the UK for XF? (for when the case is dismissed or won)
I'd be happy to contribute to hiring a venue, and help organise.
Badges with forum name ...

Another thread maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom