California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule 41

Just 1 step away from 42. LOL :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

( I'm laughing at IB / vBulletin's stupidity )

Oh Pamela, you go girl!
sass.gif

Damn it would be good news if there was an involuntary dismissal. I've been dreading the thought of even thinking about moving to another platform... All can be forgiven if this is won and development is kicked into high gear immediately after that (for me at least).

Looks like someone's "suck" website just lost credibility for their last "credible insider" LMAO Let the rumormill keep on churning.

Having sat on the motion, and reread the entire motion twice now, it may be premature of me to say this, but I think Pamela has single handly backed Internet Brands into a corner. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

If Internet Brands properly serves people in the next few weeks, it triggers Rule 41. If Internet Brands does nothing and not serve people appropriately, it triggers Rule 41.

If Internet Brands throws the Third Amended Complaint at Kier, and Mike, it triggers Rule 41 given how close the deadlines are coming. If Internet Brands does nothing again, it too triggers Rule 41.

Wow... She's good. Pam's really good.

Yes, I'd like to see and end to whatever is holding up development and the team getting back to doing what they do best - creating top class software! (y)

Having sat on the motion, and reread the entire motion twice now, it may be premature of me to say this, but I think Pamela has single handly backed Internet Brands into a corner. It is a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

If Internet Brands properly serves people in the next few weeks, it triggers Rule 41. If Internet Brands does nothing and not serve people appropriately, it triggers Rule 41.

If Internet Brands throws the Third Amended Complaint at Kier, and Mike, it triggers Rule 41 given how close the deadlines are coming. If Internet Brands does nothing again, it too triggers Rule 41.

Wow... She's good. Pam's really good.

I enjoyede reading this MJ but didn't really understand.
Perhaps if you or someone else quoted Rule 41 or linked to it - sorry if this is upthread if so I'll take being told off "like a woman."

Oh oh I'm getting excited. I SAID we'd look back on this as a historical curiosity of heroism.

I enjoyede reading this MJ but didn't really understand.
Perhaps if you or someone else quoted Rule 41 or linked to it - sorry if this is upthread if so I'll take being told off "like a woman."

Oh oh I'm getting excited. I SAID we'd look back on this as a historical curiosity of heroism.
http://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_41

(b) Involuntary Dismissal; Effect. If the plaintiff fails to prosecute or to comply with these rules or a court order, a defendant may move to dismiss the action or any claim against it. Unless the dismissal order states otherwise, a dismissal under this subdivision (b) and any dismissal not under this rule—except one for lack of jurisdiction, improper venue, or failure to join a party under Rule 19—operates as an adjudication on the merits.

Damn it would be good news if there was an involuntary dismissal. I've been dreading the thought of even thinking about moving to another platform... All can be forgiven if this is won and development is kicked into high gear immediately after that (for me at least).
Xenforo is really the end of the line for me. I couldn't go back to using any other product.
I have been dreading it as well....its been driving me crazy as I just switched from vb4 and im happy with the results but not knowing if this software is dead or not makes me think twice as my forum is a business for me (income etc) - heck ive even gotten a few devs contact info just incase xenforo.com goes down out of no where. I

Ive looked at BB & IPB but still...argh I dont need a slugish board or switch where members gotta change their pw etc. I am very surprised that even over the years Xenforo has been around that one of the big companies hasnt tried making it a lot like Xen - they keep going the opposite way.....which in fact is actually good for Xenforo devs imo.

Just rambling

Reactions: vVv
I have been dreading it as well....its been driving me crazy as I just switched from vb4 and im happy with the results but not knowing if this software is dead or not makes me think twice as my forum is a business for me (income etc) - heck ive even gotten a few devs contact info just incase xenforo.com goes down out of no where. I

Ive looked at BB & IPB but still...argh I dont need a slugish board or switch where members gotta change their pw etc. I am very surprised that even over the years Xenforo has been around that one of the big companies hasnt tried making it a lot like Xen - they keep going the opposite way.....which in fact is actually good for Xenforo devs imo.

Just rambling
Pretty much all the big names have taken elements from XenForo in their latest updates, and WBB is going to be copying a lot of it outright.

Back to the original discussion at hand: the new motion for dismissal. What are the chances that the Honorable Judge Real will agree with the defense?

Back to the original discussion at hand: the new motion for dismissal. What are the chances that the Honorable Judge Real will agree with the defense?
It seems really likely. IMO. I've been caught up with every single document since this nonesense started.

Or atleast some sort of very strict warning, but I don't think IB will get off with out some sort of scratch on November 5th, that much is certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom