Bookmarks

Bookmarks [Paid] 2.0.5

No permission to buy ($35.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Been meaning to post about this for a while @Syndol.

Is there a reason when you go into the bookmarks page that the selected tab for bookmarks isn't highlighted but rather the account tab is? Is it possible (suggestion) to make the bookmarks tab have the selected tab rather than the account tab?

Thanks if this can be done. :) thanks anyway for a great add-on. :P

Screenshot_19.webp

Hi @Shelley, that is because bookmarks currently reside on the account page (same as 'your alerts', 'likes you've given', etc).
I could of course take it out of the account page but then the tabs for the different content types (post, profile post, resource, showcase) would move to the extreme left of the screen.
All depends what most people want.

Hi @Shelley, that is because bookmarks currently reside on the account page (same as 'your alerts', 'likes you've given', etc).
I could of course take it out of the account page but then the tabs for the different content types (post, profile post, resource, showcase) would move to the extreme left of the screen.
All depends what most people want.

Ah I see. It's no biggie but just something i noticed for a while and needed to ask. It's good leaving it as it is then and striking that suggestion off I made in the previous post. :)

Nothing wrong with your suggestion. It actually makes sense (same as conversations are now done). It's just a different look.

I'm new to Xenforo. I don't see anything in the admin area that says "Forum Permissions" - can you direct me to that?

I got it - it's Nodes - probably better to state that in the intro - since I spent 1/2 hour looking for "Forum Permissions"

Great plugin by the way :)

Hi @nassella as the ReadMe file indicates:
From within your admin control panel's 'Users' tab, click 'User Group Permissions'. Select the user group you wish to give Bookmarking privileges to. There are five permissions that need to be set:
One of these permission groups is called 'Forum Permissions'.

Glad you got it all sorted out in the end.

Is there a way I can set it to automatically make every bookmark a quick link? I'd like to only use the navbar link and not use a tab in the profile. So I'd like for users to not have to specify everything as a quick link.

No. I haven't purchased a license yet. I would really need that feature that I asked about before I would be able to buy it.

OK sorry about that. It sounded like a very specific question so assumed you are using the add-on already.
As for not displaying or having 'public' bookmarks on the profile page, that can be easily turned off via the options page.
And as for having every bookmark saved as a quick link, you could edit the template to remove the radio button and replace it with a hidden input.
Quick Links require bookmarks to have a 'Note' so if the user tries to save it without they will receive an error notice within the form. They will not be able to save a bookmark without a 'Note'.

I'm finding that after you save a bookmark, in order for it to show up in the bookmark list, you have to refresh the browser.

I'm finding that after you save a bookmark, in order for it to show up in the bookmark list, you have to refresh the browser.
Indeed. It is as designed.
In order to bookmark a post as a Quick Link you must be viewing it. Therefore there is no need for the extra code and overhead associated in order to display the link without reloading the page (or navigating away from it).

@Syndol - Are there special upgrade instructions to upgrade from v1.1.1 to the latest 1.2.2? I'm a registered user and have gotten your email updates, but glancing through the ones I've missed, it seems some of them had more complex instructions but I'm not sure if I need to go back through all of those updates to update to the latest.

@ibenick - simply upload everything and upgrade.
1). Upload the folder 'Upload/library/Bookmarks' to your 'library' folder on your server, overwriting the old one.
2). Upload the folder 'Upload/js/bookmarks' to your 'js' folder on your server, overwriting the old one.
3). Upgrade the addon-Bookmarks_122.xml

Thanks, Syndol! All is working fine, except for some reason when I turn on the ability to bookmark Resources and Showcase items, no bookmark link appears. I'm running the latest version of each. Is this possibly a theme-specific thing? I'm using a customized version of Artie's Black Responsive, but I didn't customize anything that would have affected that.

@ibenick - ensure that you activated the option to bookmark resources and showcase on the Options page of the ACP.
Also, ensure you have given desired user groups the permission to do so.
Lastly, check that all template modifications (Appearance -> Template Modifications) do not have any in grey or red as that would indicate custom templates and will require adjustments accordingly.

Top Bottom