- Compatible XF Versions:
- Visible Branding:
Bookmarks is a way to conveniently display a link to content of thread and profile posts you find informative or otherwise interesting.
This saves you the hassle of rummaging through multiple threads or multiple pages in order to locate that single post you wanted to have a second look at.
Currently installed on many large forums with no reported issues.
For those of you who are already using or are considering using a pirated version of this add-on, please note that those releases contain 20% more code than the ones I provide.
This can only mean that they contain some kind of Tracking, Virus, or Trojan.
This add-on provides great value for money, and entitles you to use this add-on on one (1) XenForo installation only. It may not be resold, redistributed, or copied in whole or in part. Payment by PayPal only.
To purchase, or for further details, please contact me via PC.
- Works with XenForo 1.2.x and 1.3.x
- No branding copyright text. No need to pay extra for a “branding free” version of this add-on.
- To save a bookmark, click the 'Bookmark' link located at the bottom of each thread post or profile post. Each bookmark may include a note to remind yourself as to why you decided to bookmark it in the first place.
- These bookmarks are displayed on the user's Account page where they may be viewed, edited, or deleted.
- Bookmarks display a note, a snippet of the post message, as well as an overlay of the post. Each bookmark contains:
- Optional note to self.
- Post message snippet which may include thumbnails of any attachments.
- An overlay with the post message (without attachments), thus removing the need to physically go to the post in question. This overlay is triggered when the note to self or message snippet are clicked.
- Links to the post author, the post, and the thread or profile it belongs to.
- Thread name may include a preview tooltip and thread prefix. This option is set in the ACP.
- Shared bookmarks. Option to share bookmarks with other members. Shared bookmarks are displayed via a tab on the member profile page.
- Organise bookmarks using Tags. These tags are used to filter the bookmark list on the Account page.
- Receive an alert whenever a bookmarked post status is changed. Option to receive an alert whenever a bookmarked post is deleted, edited, merged with another, or moved to a forum which the bookmark creator cannot view. All alerts provide a pop-up overlay of the post. Even bookmarked posts which get deleted provide this overlay of the deleted post contents so you may have one last look at it. These alert preferences may be set by each member via their Account page.
- Display selected bookmarks in a quick link navigation tab. Option to display selected bookmarks as a list for quick access via a navigation tab.
- User group permissions - specify which group may bookmark. Limit by general usergroup or node by node.
- Daily Stats - keep track of how many posts your members actually bookmark.
- Ability to bookmark Showcase items - requires Showcase version 1.3.0 or higher.
- Ability to bookmark Resources - requires XenForo Resource Manager version 1.0.1 or higher.
- Does not affect the XenForo 'user' or 'post' MySQL tables so can easily be added to, or removed from, large boards.
- Add-on is fully phrased.
- Should a post that has been saved as a bookmark be deleted (whether 'soft' or 'hard'), the bookmark item will also be deleted.
- Should a post be moved to a thread its creator cannot view, the bookmark item will be deleted.
- Should a post be merged with another which the bookmark creator cannot view, the bookmark item will be deleted.
- Should a thread be moved to a different category, or merged with another thread, which the bookmark creator cannot view, the bookmark item will be deleted.
- Should a user limit his/her profile page causing the bookmark creator to not be able to view it, the profile post bookmark item will be deleted.
- Should a User be deleted, all bookmark items created by that member will be deleted, however, all bookmark items that belong to other users and link to content created by the now deleted member will remain (as XenForo does not delete their posts).
- A cron entry is included to check for deleted users or content - this may occur if the add-on is disabled for any period of time. This cron runs once a month but only if the add-on was disabled.
- Upload the 'library/Bookmarks' folder to your 'library' folder on your server
- Upload the 'js/bookmarks' folder to your 'js' folder on your server
- From within your admin control panel, install the included .xml file ('addon-bookmarks_122.xml')
- From within your admin control panel's 'Home' tab, click 'Options' and select 'Bookmarks'
- Here you may set the option to share bookmarks, as well as a few other options.
- From within your admin control panel's 'Users' tab, click 'User Group Permissions'. Select the user group you wish to give Bookmarking privileges to. There are five permissions that need to be set:
- The first is under 'General Permissions' and is named 'Use Bookmarks Feature'
- Since permission may be set at forum level, this ensures that users who do have bookmarking permission somewhere may still view their bookmarks on their account and profile pages, navigation tab, as well as receive alerts.
- The second is under 'Forum Permissions' and is named 'Bookmark Thread Posts'
- Gives the user permission to bookmark thread posts.
- The third is under 'Profile Post Permissions' and is named 'Bookmark Profile Posts'
- Gives the user permission to bookmark profile posts.
- The fourth is only relevant if you have the Showcase add-on installed (otherwise simply ignore this). It is located under the 'Showcase User Permissions' and is named 'Bookmark Showcase Items'
- Gives the user permission to bookmark showcase items.
- The fifth is only relevant if you have the Resource Manager add-on installed (otherwise simply ignore this). It is located under the 'Resource Permissions' and is named 'Bookmark Resources'
- Gives the user permission to bookmark resources.
- Notify your members that they may set their Bookmarks alert options on their Account's alert preferences page (only if you opted to permit this in step 4 above).
Bookmark thread posts and profile posts for future reference.