BbCodes & Buttons Manager

BbCodes & Buttons Manager 3.3.5

No permission to download
I just downloaded version 2.1.0 of the bbcode manager, but I'm having issues with the button manager in Chrome. When I first load the page it looks okay. But as soon as I hover over the area holding the unused bbcodes, the button layout jumps to hover over the unused bbcodes and to the right. If my mouse leaves the unused bbcode area, then the button layout vanishes entirely.

Tested it in Firefox (22), and it works fine there.

Attachments

• BBCodeManagerBug01.webp
    BBCodeManagerBug01.webp
    21.3 KB · Views: 26
  • BBCodeManagerBug02.webp
    BBCodeManagerBug02.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 24
the "disable autolink" doesn't seem to work..

the post make by spammer still show the hyperlink..

Stop AutoLinking: set disable autolinking...
in the highlighter

what did do wrongly?

You mean with Redactor or MCE4? With MCE4 and this framework it should be really really easy. You can read this, it will help. With Redactor you need to check the html code and get the button class. It should be like this: .redactor_btn_bbm_yourBbCodeTag. You need to create your own sprite (image with several icons) and then use css to set the position of your icon in the sprite. You can also use the xenForo default sprite and play with this code (move background position):
Code:
.redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_bbm_yourBbCodeTag {
background-position: 3px -2749px;
}
To be clear, with the previous version of this addon nobody seems to have use the css option. That's why I'm happy to use the MCE4 fonts icons that avoid all this process.

I also had to set a hover state, like (for a button tag "ex")
Code:
.redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_bbm_ex,
.redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_bbm_ex:hover
 {
background-image: url("http://metabunk.org/files/ex-icon.png"); 
background-position: 0px 0px; 
}

Do you know how to fix this php error I'm getting?

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Array to string conversion - library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php:344
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 7:18 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/site/public_html/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(344): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Array to string...', '/home/site...', 344, Array)
#1 [internal function]: BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->replacementMethodRenderer(Array, Array, Object(BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#2 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(646): call_user_func(Array, Array, Array, Object(BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base))
#3 /home/site/public_html/library/BBM/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(546): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#4 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(557): BBM_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderValidTag(Array, Array, Array)
#5 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(481): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTag(Array, Array, 0)
#6 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(462): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTreeElement(Array, Array, 0)
#7 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Formatter/Base.php(442): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderSubTree(Array, Array)
#8 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/Parser.php(505): XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base->renderTree(Array, Array)
#9 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/BbCode/TextWrapper.php(113): XenForo_BbCode_Parser->render(Array, Array)
#10 /home/site/public_html/library/DigitalPointAdPositioning/ViewPublic/Thread/View.php(34): XenForo_BbCode_TextWrapper->__toString()
#11 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): DigitalPointAdPositioning_ViewPublic_Thread_View->renderHtml()
#12 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(67): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('XenForo_ViewPub...', 'Html', Array, 'thread_view')
#13 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('XenForo_ViewPub...', Array, 'thread_view', NULL)
#14 /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#15 /home/site/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array (size=3)
  'url' => string 'http://www.site.com/temas/participa-la-foto-del-mes-agosto-2010-tema-minimalista-votaciones-abiertas.162262/' (length=111)
  '_GET' =>
    array (size=1)
      '/temas/participa-la-foto-del-mes-agosto-2010-tema-minimalista-votaciones-abiertas_162262/' => string '' (length=0)
  '_POST' =>
    array (size=0)
      empty

Hi,

A simple question - sorry if it's already been answered: how do I get an image for a button?

I already have the buttons in place on the standard 1.2 XF button set, but I can't seem to find an option to let me put a simple image as the button.

When adding the spoiler to the Redactor bar, the button picture is sort of a three line looking thing and you can't really tell what the hell it is. Any way to fix that?

You can see what is going on in Chrome with the Developer Tools. Click on the magnify glass, then on the first icon, then under the matched CCS rules toggle the background position. You will see it default to the "three lines"

BbCodes & Buttons Manager | Page 11 | XenForo Community.webp

The three line thing is because it defaults to the middle of the the toolbar image:
http://xenforo.com/community/styles/default/xenforo/editor/icons.png?redactor

You need to either set the position to an existing icon, like:

background-position: 3px -2397px;

for the smiley button, or make your own button, like I did above.
Right, but if we've selected the 'Text' button option, why does that appear? I tried the H2 demo and that has the same button, even though it is set up as a text button.

I believe it is just because text buttons don't work with Redactor, they work with the other editor.
Ok, makes sense, thanks. So if we're using the 1.2 XF standard one (Redactor), what's the easiest way to get a unique button (text or image, I don't really mind)?

Ok, makes sense, thanks. So if we're using the 1.2 XF standard one (Redactor), what's the easiest way to get a unique button (text or image, I don't really mind)?

By adding something like the following to extra.css

I also had to set a hover state, like (for a button tag "ex")
Code:
.redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_bbm_ex,
.redactor_toolbar li a.redactor_btn_bbm_ex:hover
{
background-image: url("http://metabunk.org/files/ex-icon.png");
background-position: 0px 0px;
}

In the ACP
upload_2013-8-1_5-57-26.webp

Top Bottom