August Update discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
However despite this people still persist with the ludicrous concept that the three owners of the business have completely abandoned it for legal advice/instruction.
You are right that does not seem plausible. However their absence doesn't have to be purposely contemptuous. In fact we know from past experience that's normally not how they treat customers. Unfortunately that perception is out there and yes it would be better if at least one of them would communicate on a regular basis. But then again, who knows how tough their personal issues are. Think about your own life: imagine both your personal and professional life would be under severe pressure, you are unsure about the future, you can't pay staff to replace your work temporarily to relieve some of the stress. Maybe your spouse wants to spend more time with you and your kids. Or maybe they don't and you are truly on your own. But then your lawyer wants to talk to you, maybe they have some bad news. They tell you that you'll have to wait for the trial another four months.

Let's face it, this company and its owners are probably going through the toughest time of their life. They're fighting against a giant and they are still alive. But the fight has drained all energy and motivation from their bodies to do any work. At least they have a working product out there, with the support of a few good moderators, and perhaps some members...

You are right that does not seem plausible. However their absence doesn't have to be purposely contemptuous. In fact we know from past experience that's normally not how they treat customers. Unfortunately that perception is out there and yes it would be better if at least one of them would communicate on a regular basis. But then again, who knows how tough their personal issues are. Think about your own life: imagine both your personal and professional life would be under severe pressure, you are unsure about the future, you can't pay staff to replace your work temporarily to relieve some of the stress. Maybe your spouse wants to spend more time with you and your kids. Or maybe they don't and you are truly on your own. But then your lawyer wants to talk to you, maybe they have some bad news. They tell you that you'll have to wait for the trial another four months.

Let's face it, this company and its owners are probably going through the toughest time of their life. They're fighting against a giant and they are still alive. But the fight has drained all energy and motivation from their bodies to do any work. At least they have a working product out there, with the support of a few good moderators, and perhaps some members...
However bad things were, I wouldn't simply disappear without a word, which is what they have done, and ignore the loud clamour for someone to say something.

We all have issues in our lives. People go through all manner of horrible experiences, but they still have to work, and particularly if they have a business, they have to keep in touch with their customers.

Jake with respect that's entirely missing the point and you know it.

No I don't just want to argue. You do a fine job on support, but that is not and never has been the issue. So let's leave it at that since we're never going to agree on this.

Then what is your purpose here? If your criticism can't or won't be helped then why bother?

Perhaps you would like a refund since you are so dissatisfied? :confused:

Then what is your purpose here? If your criticism can't or won't be helped then why bother?

Perhaps you would like a refund since you are so dissatisfied? :confused:
I wouldn't be entitled to a refund and nor would I ask for one. That isn't the point.

Jake your posts are...strange. I have stated I have no argument with you, I don't see why you're making posts of this nature which could be seen to be provocative.

Will KAMs responses be posted in a new thread or in this one? If a new one, can you start it now and then close it so we can subscribe to it and be alerted to a reply?

This thread is getting old and it'd be neat to not have to keep scanning through looking for a KAM update.

Seriously, could the mods *please* do something about the constant following around of people with pathetic juvenile abuse?

I have made a tiny number of posts on here in the space of half an hour, my first for a LONG time due to constant abuse, and already the abusers are back on my case.

It is little wonder that this site is avoided by many nowadays. If the moderating team want a serious feedback thread, as is claimed with this one, then the incessant baiting and abuse needs to be urgently stopped.

Seriously, could the mods *please* do something about the constant following around of people with pathetic juvenile abuse?

I have made a tiny number of posts on here in the space of half an hour, my first for a LONG time due to constant abuse, and already the abusers are back on my case.

It is little wonder that this site is avoided by many nowadays. If the moderating team want a serious feedback thread, as is claimed with this one, then the incessant baiting and abuse needs to be urgently stopped.

Who is abusing you?

Will KAMs responses be posted in a new thread or in this one? If a new one, can you start it now and then close it so we can subscribe to it and be alerted to a reply?

This thread is getting old and it'd be neat to not have to keep scanning through looking for a KAM update.
Any update would normally be made as an announcement, not buried into a multi-page thread.
Besides, this thread is doomed. IMHO, completely pointless except for members to say things are moving right along. Just makes the great divide in opinions, wider.

That is abandoning your business. No lawyer would ever recommend you do that, not even if they thought you'd lose the case.

If XenForo were indeed the property of vBulletin then the lawyer could advise to stop adding to the damages.

In any case Brogan's confirmed that's not the case. So, we know their silence is BY CHOICE which is what makes it so contemptuous.

Not to get too deep into parsing pronouncements from prophets from the wilderness, the comment was no such order. Order's come from courts. Advice comes from lawyers.

As Beldar would say, "Soap operas, I shall enjoy them".

Sorry to butt in here but I do not see anyone abusing you. What abuse are you talking about, can you show them?

But again, you are not known to be a drama queen for nothing :D

That is abandoning your business. No lawyer would ever recommend you do that, not even if they thought you'd lose the case.

In any case Brogan's confirmed that's not the case. So, we know their silence is BY CHOICE which is what makes it so contemptuous.

Mark, PUBLIC COMMUNICATIONS by definition is something written or spoken. That includes Press Releases, Written Statements, Forums, Twitters, Facebook, etc.

Communications is one facet of a business. There are many others, including operations, finances, and so forth. I do not see those aspects "abandoned"

Here's an example.

More juvenile name calling than "abuse" but we see too much of it along with spam pix.
Some things are not spam...like when someone is using an image to describe a thought....a picture is worth a thousand words...

abuse could be asking the same thing over and over when it was said ask once and you will get an answer when and if it can be made available...

It really all depends on where one stands and what their distortion on reality entails....

there was a point to my image....you however felt it was right to not understand what I was saying but have an opinion about my choice of communication in that instance...

to me I just described my view of spam...to each their own...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom