August Update discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread has drifted. I think all that will be asked, has been asked. I would suggest the moderators set a very short deadline to get questions in before shutting them off, then split the OT stuff in this thread off into it's own maybe in the OT forum.

Good point.

Consider this post the current end of new questions.

Pretty much anything new is just going to be a re-hash / derivative of an already asked question, and nobody has added something "realy" new since about the 3rd page.

My first post in this thread. Just wanted to thank Slavik and Jake for a careful and understanding moderation. Even when it got personal, they kept calm and a humble attitute. Let's wait for the dev's to answer all the questions. I'm certainly interested in them.

Good point.

Consider this post the current end of new questions.

Pretty much anything new is just going to be a re-hash / derivative of an already asked question, and nobody has added something "realy" new since about the 3rd page.

Consider this the final question: Does Kier or Mike need more bottles of Southern Comfort? :)

Maybe we can ask Anonymous for help? I always hear about them and how they are good attacking companies. Maybe ask Anonymous for some assistance?
I hope that xenforo will continue to evolve and that Jake continues to be mod. He is great

Wonder if someone did already and that's why XenForo forums seem to be under a sudden spam attack.

Two schools of thoughts:
  • What if there's nothing to say?
  • What if legal counsel recommendeds they stay off any "public" communication means until the case is over?

They've got a LOT of splain'in to do Lucy so its not nothing to say. The problem is there is a LOT to be said and we have silence everywhere a normal business would be talking.

The only way legal counsel would tell them to stop their business activities would be if they are obviously in the wrong, in which case anything and everything they do would add to costs. That would explain it. XenForo may have been substantially developed while at vBulletin. In that case though, why spend $200K on legal defense? It would be totally wasted. It could have been a case of they thought they were OK initially and then lawyers said they were not after reviewing the evidence.

In many ways that seems the most likely scenario. If the lawyers thought XenForo had a winning case, they would tell them to go out and generate as much money as possible, selling, promoting and improving the product to generate sales and cash and trying to get start up financing to help based on strong sales, cash flow and good legal case.

I think this will inevitably end well for xenforo as it has a strong community for this software. No matter what happens, the idea of this software will evolve and continue to grow through dedicated developers.

The End

I didn't think it was possible but these theories are getting more absurd every time I read them.

We've seen some really absurd actions by XenForo which spawns "absurd" speculations on what caused the absurd behavior.

Craziest thing is...one of the theories is going to be right.

Wonder if someone did already and that's why XenForo forums seem to be under a sudden spam attack.
Actually, I think Internet Brands is secretly working with these 'spammers' to distract the staff, and hit xenforo in the kneecaps.

I mean, isn't the timing suspicious? We're few months away from the pre-trial, and then the larger-scale trial case in January. I'm serious, the timing's suspicious.

What's worse is that we're one month away from the anniversary of xenForo going on sale.

Two schools of thoughts:
  • What if there's nothing to say?
  • What if legal counsel recommendeds they stay off any "public" communication means until the case is over?
If counsel recommended that then they can just say "Counsel has advised us not to communicate on the forums and/or in PM. So from this point of we can not and will not comment or post.".

Hahaha..funny how the truth never comes out until they shut the door in your face at the last minute, no warning no nothing. Now lets look back at this year, were at month 9 and have only have 1-3 updates if u can call them that. And the thing is they say the same thing, we will let u know more at a later time, well how later and what time? when you say we will no longer be supporting this, leaving us all hanging?

Heres my problem, your trying to keep all of us customers hanging on but for what? You have given us nothing to go on. We dont even know if XF will even be around in a few months much less for years. I have been in this business since 1996. I know how something like this should be handled, and having been sued before i know how that goes too. But keeping quiet is not the right answer. Im not being negative or bashing KAM( if thats even accurate lol) at all.

Just highly annoyed that we know nothing! BTW i do know a little bit of the truth however i will not say because i do not want to be banned, seems at times like these when people start spilling the beans, posts get deleted and users get banned so with all of that said....

Not holding my breath..take that how u want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom